• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Watch Dogs

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haven't gotten it yet, but there was a lot of hype about it... and it is out today.

Has anybody started playing it yet? And what do you guys think about it?

I am big when it comes to PC, so seeing that there is a PC version and all, I was contemplating it.... that... or complete my Civ 5 game with Brave New World.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did not play it, but I looked at the page on Steam. It looked interesting but kind of complex (lots of options on what you can do, like hacking into city systems, etc.) -- the game kinda looks like a catchall for various genres -- and wasn't sure how much time I wanted to commit.

What do you find to NOT be fun so far, U?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I wanted to try this, but I might wait a bit and see a few more videos on how it actually plays, I love options, but when I first saw a demonstration it looked like it was filled to the brim with extraneous options in the heat of a moment, that probably wouldn't come into use that often.

People tend to pick the most effective route and it's rare that a game actually caters to different methods of doing something without leaving someone wondering why they didn't just take the more effective route in the first place.

This might just be my issue though.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Game looks sort of fascinating. I think the graphics will be a lot better on the PS4/One/PC though, consider all the ones I am looking at are on youtube with graphics turned very low.

I wanted to try this, but I might wait a bit and see a few more videos on how it actually plays, I love options, but when I first saw a demonstration it looked like it was filled to the brim with extraneous options in the heat of a moment, that probably wouldn't come into use that often.

People tend to pick the most effective route and it's rare that a game actually caters to different methods of doing something without leaving someone wondering why they didn't just take the more effective route in the first place.

This might just be my issue though.

I find the constant use of getting into the systems without being overly noticed kind of fun. Instead of shooting one's way into everything, get into systems and let those things handle it instead. It's sort of like other games... which I can't remember the name of.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I find the constant use of getting into the systems without being overly noticed kind of fun. Instead of shooting one's way into everything, get into systems and let those things handle it instead. It's sort of like other games... which I can't remember the name of.

Well that's the side that appeals to me as well, but it remains to be seen how it is to actually play like that outside of developer demonstrations.

Personally it looks so entertaining manipulating this virtual world with these tools that I hope my gut is wrong about this.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you find to NOT be fun so far, U?

This for starters:

And it's tedious and overhyped.

And since I got done playing the greatest FPS since Half-Life 2 (Wolfenstein: The New Order), this open world game pales by comparison. It is no Saints Row 2 or, more recently, Infamous: Second Son, that's for sure...because it's not that fun.

I will, however, give it credit for not being the way-too-realistic driving simulator that GTA IV was. That being said, Watch Dogs is more in simulator territory than game.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This for starters:

And it's tedious and overhyped.

And since I got done playing the greatest FPS since Half-Life 2 (Wolfenstein: The New Order), this open world game pales by comparison. It is no Saints Row 2 or, more recently, Infamous: Second Son, that's for sure...because it's not that fun.

I will, however, give it credit for not being the way-too-realistic driving simulator that GTA IV was. That being said, Watch Dogs is more in simulator territory than game.

Not exactly sure everything they've done to the game, but the comparisons seem to show enough....

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Not exactly sure everything they've done to the game, but the comparisons seem to show enough....

Now that I'm watching the comparisons on a higher resolution computer monitor instead of my phone, I see some very obvious difference between seventh- and eighth-gen (not that I didn't expect that), but as far as the eighth-gen consoles and PC go, while there are minor differences in resolution, there are virtually no graphical differences, and I don't think either differences are worth upgrading my PC or worth the Sony vs. Microsoft fanboy wars.

I hope that the rumors are true and that Rockstar plans on releasing GTA V for the next-gen. The game already looks next-gen on eight-year-old consoles, so imagine what they could do with newer hardware.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Need to check this out. I love playing as a hacker, shutting down security systems, turning it against my enemies or unlocking doors to find alternate routes. It was my preferred style while playing Deus Ex.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I hope that the rumors are true and that Rockstar plans on releasing GTA V for the next-gen. The game already looks next-gen on eight-year-old consoles, so imagine what they could do with newer hardware.

At some point though we'll have to update the human eye first.