• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Childhood Nightmare Fuel

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Peter and the Wolf by Sergei Prokofiev, narrated by Dudley Moore.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
That very weird cat cartoon with a shocking amount of blood and gore. :shock:

yeghor

They were shedding their skins and eating insects and birds alive. There was this bad alien female. I also remember that the main character was named Donovan.

There was only public broadcast channels at that time and it was aired after midnight, due to which I fell asleep and missed the episodes several times...
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] my parents tell me that I was afraid of ET too, and Darth Vader as well.

yeghor

And 70s and 80s Dracula movies gave me the creeps (particularly the feeling of doom and entrapment Dracula made his victims experience), even though I wanted to watch them.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Aleria

I loved that movie, but that scene in special scared the shit out of me! I had to hide under the bed everytime... Now, when I look back I understand why my father was so amused about me, it was really silly.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I used to be a hard core horror movie fan when i was a kid(like since i was 6 or something), so nothing really freaked me out, just made me want more adrenaline via blood, guts and stuff that made people shit their pants.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*bump* for our new forum generation

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
You were like, a fetus when Ghostwriter was out. Did your mom watch this on a loop when you were in utero?!

Haha somehow my brother and I saw ghostwriter semi regularly. It ran on like nick at night or “nick2” or some sort of bullshit like that. I think there were some other terrible shows there like one about kids camping at night who got like chased through the woods? (Idk) and then of course ghostwriter.

This is the only episode I really remember except I think I remember another slimy monster who was like green but that could be faulty since I was probably like 6 during my ghostwriter phase.

Its a horrible, comically funny show watching at as an adult tho

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha somehow my brother and I saw ghostwriter semi regularly. It ran on like nick at night or “nick2” or some sort of bullshit like that. I think there were some other terrible shows there like one about kids camping at night who got like chased through the woods? (Idk) and then of course ghostwriter.

This is the only episode I really remember except I think I remember another slimy monster who was like green but that could be faulty since I was probably like 6 during my ghostwriter phase.

Its a horrible, comically funny show watching at as an adult tho

Nick At Nite is for black-and-white old people shows.... :sadbanana:

(That show is adult comedy gold, agreed. Same with Are You Afraid of The Dark? & Goosebumps.)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

(That show is adult comedy gold, agreed. Same with Are You Afraid of The Dark? & Goosebumps.)

The other show I mentioned was called “scaredy camp” and looks like it ran when I was 7. That show freaked me the fuck out.

I loved goosebumps though. Probably because it didnt really air so I didnt get to “watch” the shows unless I picked them at blockbuster (so weird that blockbuster is crazy obsolete) so I didnt really see any of those till I was a little older.

You know what other show was kinda freaky but you were probably too old for? Courage the freaking cowardly dog. There always just felt like there was something off about that show.

There was a lot of like weirdly scary kids stuff in the 90s/early 2000s it seems. Idk if thats still true today but shit man

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The other show I mentioned was called “scaredy camp” and looks like it ran when I was 7. That show freaked me the fuck out.

I loved goosebumps though. Probably because it didnt really air so I didnt get to “watch” the shows unless I picked them at blockbuster (so weird that blockbuster is crazy obsolete) so I didnt really see any of those till I was a little older.

You know what other show was kinda freaky but you were probably too old for? Courage the freaking cowardly dog. There always just felt like there was something off about that show.

There was a lot of like weirdly scary kids stuff in the 90s/early 2000s it seems. Idk if thats still true today but shit man

I LOVED COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG. I think it came on when I was a teen in the early 2000s, but I still loved it, and it was still super off-putting, but not like, distressing (which was all the more reason to love it).

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This one got me, when I was half asleep on the couch at 3yrs old, I had no clue wtf was happening.

And this scene didn’t scare me, but it did disturb child-me.

I thought about that shoe for a few days.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That bit in Pinocchio where that ginger kid gets turned into a donkey.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I'd forgotten all about Gooey Gus. Thanks for reminding me [MENTION=29687]Frosty[/MENTION]. Now I wonder which came first, him or Ivan Ooze? I'll bet one inspired the other... there are just two many odd similarities.

I think the most hilarious AYATOD is one of the ones with Jewel Staite from Firefly, where there is an art gallery with a shrunken head demon. Sadly it doesn't appear to be on CBS+. At least they have the one with the cheesy cobra staff with the LED eyes and they resurrect the Babylonian wizard in the pool who boasts about his glorious return while lasting for all of five seconds.

NICKELODEON_AREYOUAFRAIDOFTHEDARK_011_287018_1920x1080.jpg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd forgotten all about Gooey Gus. Thanks for reminding me [MENTION=29687]Frosty[/MENTION]. Now I wonder which came first, him or Ivan Ooze? I'll bet one inspired the other... there are just two many odd similarities.

I think the most hilarious AYATOD is one of the ones with Jewel Staite from Firefly, where there is an art gallery with a shrunken head demon. Sadly it doesn't appear to be on CBS+. At least they have the one with the cheesy cobra staff with the LED eyes and they resurrect the Babylonian wizard in the pool who boasts about his glorious return while lasting for all of five seconds.

NICKELODEON_AREYOUAFRAIDOFTHEDARK_011_287018_1920x1080.jpg

She was in The Tale of The Unfinished Painting - (full episode: 12 - The Tale of the Unfinished Painting - video Dailymotion )

And The Tale of The Watcher’s Woods - (full episode: AYAOTD - S03E02 - The Tale of Watcher's Woods - video Dailymotion )