• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FARGO (TV miniseries)

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Me! And season two is shaping up to be as good as season one so far. I love the bad guys in this series. They've got a lot of panache.

Raffaella

bon vivant
Me! And season two is shaping up to be as good as season one so far. I love the bad guys in this series. They've got a lot of panache.

Don't they just? Within the first few scenes of Culkin and Donovan, I knew this season would be great. Also, I love how Howley casts the main police characters - he knows how to choose actors that appear modest and wholesome. They fit their roles really well.

I'm looking forward to the Blumquist sub-plot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, if anyone has netflix and doesn't live in Northern Europe, you should switch to a country in that region since each episode is available a day (I think) after it airs on TV. It's also in English and 1080p.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
it started????????????????????????????????????

Edit - I watched the first episode. So far so good. I just hope it doesn't turn into another True Detective sort of second season disaster.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I started watching at Episode 5 of this season. Then I immediately said..why the fuck did I not watch this from the beginning?? I have to finish Season 1 but I'm caught up on this season. Awesome show, I love it.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Brilliant (as is this entire show):

[MENTION=7]Bellflower[/MENTION] (Jennywocky?) If so meet jaberwocky :D

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I started watching at Episode 5 of this season. Then I immediately said..why the fuck did I not watch this from the beginning?? I have to finish Season 1 but I'm caught up on this season. Awesome show, I love it.

You fool!!

Truth is, and hopefully this isn't a spoiler, is that this show works like True Detective, each new season is a whole new beast, new characters actors, even time periods.

So watching the first season has virtually ZERO bearing on the second.

And yeah, isn't this show incredible?? The music, the characters, the adorable politeness of Wisconsin/North Dakotans mixed with extreme graphic violence, the surreal originality, the music!! did I mention that already?

With True Detective, I didn't think it was humanly possible to make the second season as good. I was right. With Fargo season 1, I thought the same. I was WAY wrong.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You fool!!

Truth is, and hopefully this isn't a spoiler, is that this show works like True Detective, each new season is a whole new beast, new characters actors, even time periods.

So watching the first season has virtually ZERO bearing on the second.

And yeah, isn't this show incredible?? The music, the characters, the adorable politeness of Wisconsin/North Dakotans mixed with extreme graphic violence, the surreal originality, the music!! did I mention that already?

With True Detective, I didn't think it was humanly possible to make the second season as good. I was right. With Fargo season 1, I thought the same. I was WAY wrong.

I love the music. Of course, it's 1979, I remember that music very well, I really liked that reboot of Run Through The Jungle at the end of this weeks epi. I agree with you completely about Fargo/True Detective. There are connections but the first seasons don't impact the second and I like that idea. The show is amazing, the characters are complex and even though that accent is mimicked, they nailed the Upper Midwest personalities and lifestyle.

I laughed so hard when Mike Milligan showed up. He surveyed the scene and was like - oh ok, nothing much to do/see here, back in the car.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love the music. Of course, it's 1979, I remember that music very well, I really liked that reboot of Run Through The Jungle at the end of this weeks epi. I agree with you completely about Fargo/True Detective. There are connections but the first seasons don't impact the second and I like that idea. The show is amazing, the characters are complex and even though that accent is mimicked, they nailed the Upper Midwest personalities and lifestyle.

I laughed so hard when Mike Milligan showed up. He surveyed the scene and was like - oh ok, nothing much to do/see here, back in the car.

Ha, I'll have to get back to you on Mike Milligan, I'm only on episode 8 where the Blumpquists (what a great name) have Dodd tied up in the cabin. Hilarious.

This show is just so rich. There's several shows I'm watching that are simply great (Ash vs. Evil Dead for one), but this one is up there with Season 1 True Detective, like, it's just a masterpiece in every way. Timeless. I may have to go spank my monkey just thinking about the brilliant cinematography alone :happy2:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I wonder what they are going to do in season 3.

I thought season 2 would have a conclusion. Yes it did have a conclusion to the issue/story but the stories of the characters were far from over.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm getting annoyed with the constant verbatim callback to the movies title credits "this is a true story" gag. It was clever the first time, but come on people. I'm also unimpressed with the faux Minnesota acting and accents. The movie was much more subtle and convincing.

A+ for period costumes and sets though. Also like the editing and the general cinematography direction. Plot and story are solid too.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm getting annoyed with the constant verbatim callback to the movies title credits "this is a true story" gag. It was clever the first time, but come on people. I'm also unimpressed with the faux Minnesota acting and accents. The movie was much more subtle and convincing.

A+ for period costumes and sets though. Also like the editing and the general cinematography direction. Plot and story are solid too.

My mom had nearly that exact outfit Peggy wore in the last few episodes. It was so strange to look at. But very accurate. I also noticed a lot in the grocery store and gas station that were exactly right for the year. I wanted more Mike Milligan. I didn't like how the season ended for him although, I don't think that's the end of his story (please don't take up golf Mike).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ I saw that news flash.

Now I just really gotta buckle down and watch this. Sigh.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes you do! Season 1 was better than 2, but 2 was still excellent IMO.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes you do! Season 1 was better than 2, but 2 was still excellent IMO.

How many episodes per season, and are they half hour or hour?

There are a few series on my list regularly that I just haven't started. (Penny Dreadful is another.)
Sadly, I think I'm done with American Horror Story, it has just soured for me since the first season. I've had Hotel sitting in my DVR for months and still am only on episode 2.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Ten hour-long episodes per season. Penny Dreadful is fun but I'd put this one way over it on the "must watch" list.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ten hour-long episodes per season. Penny Dreadful is fun but I'd put this one way over it on the "must watch" list.

Cool. I just get scared when I'm looking at seasons with 13-23 hours, so Fargo sounds manageable.
It didn't take me long to get through "The Leftovers" which had the same format.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All I want is for season 3 to not be half as garbagey as season 2 was. That's not a lot to ask for.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I only saw season 1 and it was marvelous. Even better than the movie, which I rewatched on beforehand. It's saying something if you can make a believable villain out of a hobbit (Martin Freeman, what a good actor). Waiting for the right mood to watch season 2. (Other stuff I'm watching : Hannibal series; Walking Dead, House MD, Twin Peaks.)

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just finished season 4. I'm really impressed with Chris Rock in this. Loved Ben Whishaw, too. I like Jason Schwartzman (?), but didn't especially like him in this.

I absolutely love it when they reveal the connections between the seasons, and this one was the best yet. And before that, I think season 3 outdid season 2.

Though for overall rating, season 2 is probably still my favorite - those characters were the best. I didn't especially like Kirsten Dunst before this series, but she (and the guy playing her husband, who I think she's married to irl) ended up being one of the best characters. Most of the characters were fantastic in that season though. (Zahn McClarnon was amazing).

I'm surprised this thread hasn't seen activity since season 2. I thought Carrie Coon was a great addition in season 3.