• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FARGO (TV miniseries)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh my god, you guys, did you see FARGO tonight???

I can't believe we're six weeks in and there's no thread on this show yet!

PS there's already a "what type are the characters" thread here. So let's just dish about what an evil motherfucker Malvo is and what a sneaky little genius Lester is in this one.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You are missing out, my friend.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So true. There's not a bad one in the bunch.

The last episode was among the most intense hours of television I can remember seeing. Up there with the True Detective episode with the long shot. The scene with Glen Howerton's character (Chumph, lol) on the elliptical was amazing.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Nobody's watching this but me and SmileyMan?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meee!!

"I'm washing towels, it's a towel sound."
Lol

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meee toooo!

I am into the 5th episode so not reading the spoilers, FYI. I am fascinated by Malvo (Billy Bob Thornton), so charismatic and cool...he seems to delight in creating chaos just for the sake of seeing the consequences.

I am also rooting for Lester and hope he doesn't get caught...Martin Freeman is doing a fantastic job of immersing himself in the character.

:thumbup:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fargo Observations

Don't know if I can keep watching this, the language is so graphic.

"Kitty, she said she found a mason jar in his closet.
I guess that he pees in it at night.
[Tab pops]
Huh. What's that about?"

This show has a very unique, odd, campy sense of humor. Love it so far.

Trip Like I Do, Crystal Method Remix, we used to get high to that song in our cars with subwoofers and speakers blasting
Another world, another time
In the age of wonder
Another world, another time
This land was green and good
Until the crystal cracked

Plus this being a quote from the Dark Crystal makes it extra rad.

No idea Billy Bob was in this. Haven't seen him around, awesome. He's from Arkansas!

Really don't remember the movie that well, is Lorne, main villain, is there a similar character in the film?

Also, he seems like the Joker (or even Hannibal), just going around putting evil ideas in people's heads, trying to cause some chaos, just to see what happens.

Ha, oh man, even has Saul Goodman.

Good stuff.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The only actual link between the movie Fargo and this show, that I know of anyway, is

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, I love the timing of this. Clever show.

dwDO1qL.png

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I just finished episode 2 and I'm way behind, but just wanted to stop in and say, holy cow man! This show is fantastic.

I think it's awesome and amazing the direction TV shows have taken in the last 5-10ish years.

R

Riva

Wow I am loving this show.

Wow wow wow wow wow!

I am at the beginning of it still so don't make any spoilers please.

Edit - I haven't watched the movie named Fargo. The articles say the series based on the same 'world' as the movie. I hope I am not missing out on anything?

R

Riva

Finished watching it and man I loved it.

The only actual link between the movie Fargo and this show, that I know of anyway, is

dammit i shouldn't have read that. i was going to watch the movie now. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edit - I just watched the movie. It was nothing special. A 'B class' movie at its best. However it has won so many awards, so I am probably not looking at it from a 'classy' angle.

Waste of time the movie was.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Episode 7.

There's a part of me that thinks lester is such a worm, but there's also this part of me that can't help but like him.

I'm not saying he's a role model, haha, but what I like:

For a loser real estate dude, he sure is resourceful and weasly, I think part of it is luck, but he has squirmed his way out of many sticky situations.

His wife was god awful, though killing your wife with a ball peen hammer is probably not the best route.

He reminds me of Walt from Breaking Bad in a way. Some nobody, that has finally snapped and went with it. Grabbed life by the balls, he's so schmucky, but also cold blooded and ruthless (I'd kinda describe the whole series like that, Shmucky and Hardcore). Like the seen where's he's about to put the hammer in his bro's gun safe, and he pauses and sees the family and you're like "Oh he IS kind, he's having second thoughts!" Nope. Just thought of another way to fuck his brother's entire family. That was clever writing.

His brother, again doesn't deserve to be framed, but he was kind of a dick. And you get the impressions he's been a dick to Lester his whole life.

The clincher was episode 7, which i just watch, when he's screwing Sam Hess's widow, looking at his dumb cowboy picture. Sam Hess, the big bully, alpha male with all the money, that "hot" wife, and he's beat him, sorta.

He is ultimately just an awful person, or has become one, but good god, he pretty much sucked before. Talk about the non-definition of a man. At least he's getting his balls back. "How bout we have one more drink and then get to those greasy hands" haha Lester? is that you? Aw, Heck!

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I know Lester is nothing but a worm (though a surprisingly clever one when under pressure), who could give a shit about ANYBODY but himself, but I was pretty shocked about him sending his asian wife to her probably death. Though I wasn't totally surprised.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Well the enthusiasm here has me interested.

I think this is another one to take a look at *adds to the list*.