• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does no one watch Justified?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Art: If my Marshal stiffy lasts much longer,
I'm gonna have to consult my physician.
What's your opinion?
Raylan: On your stiffy? I don't have one.

Raylan: She's a psychic.
Tim: Uh, a certified spiritualist.
Raylan: Certified by who?

Raylan: I have a lot on my mind.
Tim: Yeah. You hide it well

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
God I forgot how much I love Tim and his snark. Glad they finally started developing his character!

That scene with the car/bomb standoff is probably one of my favorites. I should watch that episode again...

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God I forgot how much I love Tim and his snark. Glad they finally started developing his character!

That scene with the car/bomb standoff is probably one of my favorites. I should watch that episode again...

Yeah, there's only a few characters that regularly one up Raylan in terms of wit, Tim and Art. Yeah, he definitely grew on me. Car bomb scene where Colt is in the woods with the sniper?

I'm re-watching the series now, so I'm all giddy again.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really should watch it for Walton Goggins. The man is an excellent actor.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, there's only a few characters that regularly one up Raylan in terms of wit, Tim and Art. Yeah, he definitely grew on me. Car bomb scene where Colt is in the woods with the sniper?
Yessir!
I'm re-watching the series now, so I'm all giddy again.
:holy:

Making me want to re-watch the most recent season!

p.s. Got a favorite season? My favorite is almost definitely season 2, because of the Bennett family character(s) arc. Did Margo Martindale deserve that Emmy or what??
I really should watch it for Walton Goggins. The man is an excellent actor.
He is PHENOMENAL in this show. Very much a Joker to Raylan Givens' Batman*.

Anyone have any opinion on type? I'm not sure about most of them, but I'm leaning ISTP for Raylan and xNFJ for Boyd.

*Imperfect metaphor, as Boyd is probably more honorable than Raylan -- or at least cares a lot more about honor. Nobody wants to watch the world burn on this show.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yessir!

p.s. Got a favorite season? My favorite is almost definitely season 2, because of the Bennett family character(s) arc. Did Margo Martindale deserve that Emmy or what??

Anyone have any opinion on type? I'm not sure about most of them, but I'm leaning ISTP for Raylan and xNFJ for Boyd.

Uuuum, man. All of 'em. haha. Which is rare. But Mags was VERY unique (but so is Quarles, and Wynn Duffy, and the Crowe family, . She's also kind of a villain on The Americans. Actor is fantastic.

Season 4 doesn't have a remarkable villain, but it makes up for it with the whole "Who is Drew Thompson."

Boyd is definitely ENTP. Almost all forum posts about it type him as that. And I could definitely see it. He's much more disciplined than most ENTPs, but I'll chalk it up to serving in the Army and in Kuwait. Plus he's so damned silver tongued, I love the interactions with him and Raylan. I never quite figured out why Raylan has such a hard on for him. Probably because he usually gets the best of him. Raylan doesn't seem to have much respect for him, but Boyd does Raylan. I always thought he was kind of a dick because of that.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Uuuum, man. All of 'em. haha. Which is rare. But Mags was VERY unique (but so is Quarles, and Wynn Duffy, and the Crowe family, . She's also kind of a villain on The Americans. Actor is fantastic.

Season 4 doesn't have a remarkable villain, but it makes up for it with the whole "Who is Drew Thompson."
Yeah, Justified has a LOT of great villains. When Quarles gives his origin story... damn. I had to check what show I was watching because it reminded me so much of "Dexter" (in the best possible way -- that show had some of the best villains in the history of TV). I don't know what it was about season 2 that seemed more rounded out, though... better paced, with more of a coherent arc, for everyone involved. Maybe I'm romanticizing it after the fact though. I should watch it again to see if I'm remembering it correctly. :popc1:
Boyd is definitely ENTP. Almost all forum posts about it type him as that. And I could definitely see it. He's much more disciplined than most ENTPs, but I'll chalk it up to serving in the Army and in Kuwait. Plus he's so damned silver tongued, I love the interactions with him and Raylan. I never quite figured out why Raylan has such a hard on for him. Probably because he usually gets the best of him. Raylan doesn't seem to have much respect for him, but Boyd does Raylan. I always thought he was kind of a dick because of that.
:huh: You see him as Ne-dom? He is silver-tongued, but I just never got that type of energy from him.

The bolded is such an interesting dynamic. I'm wondering if/when Raylan will ever see the commonalities and gray areas that Boyd, and pretty much every Justified viewer, started seeing a long time ago.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, Justified has a LOT of great villains. When Quarles gives his origin story... damn. I had to check what show I was watching because it reminded me so much of "Dexter" (in the best possible way -- that show had some of the best villains in the history of TV). I don't know what it was about season 2 that seemed more rounded out, though... better paced, with more of a coherent arc, for everyone involved. Maybe I'm romanticizing it after the fact though. I should watch it again to see if I'm remembering it correctly. :popc1:

:huh: You see him as Ne-dom? He is silver-tongued, but I just never got that type of energy from him.

The bolded is such an interesting dynamic. I'm wondering if/when Raylan will ever see the commonalities and gray areas that Boyd, and pretty much every Justified viewer, started seeing a long time ago.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the second season. If I HAD to choose a favorite, that might be it. But I usually watch shows more narrowly, like the overarching story doesn't matter AS much to me, mostly how all the characters interact.

I think part of Raylans problem is (and don't get me wrong, I love just about everything about him, except his hate for Boyd, and really just rudeness) that because his dad was such a shitbag (fucking tried to kill his son twice) he strives hard, maybe even blindly, to be a good lawman.

Boyd is a brilliant improvisor and has had many identities. Rather typical ENTP. He can think on the fly, size up situations and people lightening fast, clever, cunning. Like the cigarette box with the Emulex. He pretty much outwits everyone, even when he is lower in numbers. And is pretty devoid of emotion. Only a handful of times we see him really pissed, when Ava got shot, and when that miner kept pushing him to go back to being a criminal, he holds his head in the car and drives. That scene was awesome "OH JESUS CHRIST" Boyd: "You wanna talk about Jesus, Kyle?! We can talk about Jesus!" hahaha

Quarles is scary as hell, they did a good job finding someone to take our minds off how awesome Mags was.
"And what if the man in that car had brilliant blue eyes?" Wynn: "And a big stupid baby head?"

What kind of energy do you get from 'ol Boyd?

There's more links on the types of characters on the show, but here's one:http://personalitycafe.com/guess-type/150357-justified-fx.html

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
iIDxUJN.jpg

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
One of my coworkers in Iowa wants me to watch Justified so I can report to him whether it's a realistic portrayal of Southerners (I work remotely from my home in NC). It's next on my list! I'd also like to watch The Americans.

Right now I'm watching Top of the Lake and will probs start a thread about that soon.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of my coworkers in Iowa wants me to watch Justified so I can report to him whether it's a realistic portrayal of Southerners (I work remotely from my home in NC). It's next on my list! I'd also like to watch The Americans.

Right now I'm watching Top of the Lake and will probs start a thread about that soon.

Oh it's fantastic, unexpectedly hilarious. I'm from Arkansas and though they def got a lot of the redneck stuff right, it's about some hardcore meth makin', heroin dealing, organized southern crime dixie mafia rednecks, all from Kentucky, so ha, I couldn't say as I don't really hang out with those types. Pretty much everyone has guns and pickups, which, amongst the more rural people in the south is probably true.

"You know, guns and trucks in Harlan [Kentucky] are like assholes. Everyone's got 'em."

Top of The Lake is fantastic/disturbing (reminds me of The Killing, also excellent IMO). The Americans, also amazing. I'd join either thread :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I just realized that a whole season of "Justified" just wrapped up. :doh: I had no idea it even happened. And it's about the Crowes?? As in "These are the END TAHHHMS fer Dewey Crowe"?!?

I guess I've got some TV to watch :popc1:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I just realized that a whole season of "Justified" just wrapped up. :doh: I had no idea it even happened. And it's about the Crowes?? As in "These are the END TAHHHMS fer Dewey Crowe"?!?

I guess I've got some TV to watch :popc1:

Oh man, your life priorities must be ass-backwards.

I'll forgive you, this once :D

Yeah, it's another great season. God I love this show, have I mentioned that?

This one may even be the funniest. And it's got Michael Rapaport, who I LOVE. I'm not too convinced by his southern accent, being from the south, but it'll do. He still brings a powerful role.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh man, your life priorities must be ass-backwards.

I'll forgive you, this once :D
Why thank you! :smile:

It's that I don't watch TV on TV -- so I haven't been seeing any ads, I haven't been watching anything live. And since I stopped subscribing to Entertainment Weekly, I have no idea what's going on on TV anymore. Besides that there's a TV version of "Fargo" out now which I am SO EXCITED to start watching!
Yeah, it's another great season. God I love this show, have I mentioned that?

This one may even be the funniest. And it's got Michael Rapaport, who I LOVE. I'm not too convinced by his southern accent, being from the south, but it'll do. He still brings a powerful role.
Well as long as it's not as bad as Raylan's dad's! I never thought his accent was convincing, or that he was well-cast.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's that I don't watch TV on TV -- so I haven't been seeing any ads, I haven't been watching anything live. And since I stopped subscribing to Entertainment Weekly, I have no idea what's going on on TV anymore. Besides that there's a TV version of "Fargo" out now which I am SO EXCITED to start watching!

Sure are getting defensive ;)

I don't watch TV either, just download stuff, or Netflix or Amazon Prime video. Hmmm Fargo? I've heard of this. Let me know how it is.

Oooooh, and you should watch The Bridge if you all of a sudden have tons of free time. Amazing. Season 2 is about to start. And Orange is the New Black, season 2 also just started yesterday.

Well as long as it's not as bad as Raylan's dad's! I never thought his accent was convincing, or that he was well-cast.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell accent that was, haha. You from the south? Either way, lemme know what you think of Rapaport. I give both a pass, cuz the show is too wonderful.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sure are getting defensive ;)
I don't get defensive. I am NEVER defensive. EVER. HOW DARE YOU. :irked:
I don't watch TV either, just download stuff, or Netflix or Amazon Prime video. Hmmm Fargo? I've heard of this. Let me know how it is.
Sure -- will do! :)
Oooooh, and you should watch The Bridge if you all of a sudden have tons of free time. Amazing. Season 2 is about to start. And Orange is the New Black, season 2 also just started yesterday.
Ugh I've been meaning to watch those too! Been unenthusiastically watching Game of Thrones instead. :dry: I should switch to one of those after Justified. Or maybe True Detective, now that I have someone else's HBOGO account to mooch off of.
Yeah, I don't know what the hell accent that was, haha. You from the south? Either way, lemme know what you think of Rapaport. I give both a pass, cuz the show is too wonderful.
I wouldn't say I'm from the south, but my entire extended family is, via North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, and Louisiana. (My folks moved from Maryland to the Rockies when I was a toddler.) So they've got a wide variety of southern accents to choose from :laugh:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
How many seasons of Justified are there? I always feel pre-exhausted at the prospect of marathoning a show with multiple seasons. :D (Hashtag first world problems)