• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Left Behind" reboot

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not a Christian and I've never read Left Behind books, seen past Left Behind movies, or played any lame-ass Left Behind video games.

But I really feel that a spiritual force is calling me to see this reboot.

Could it be the production company that I've never heard of?

Could it be that it's directed by Vic Armstrong, a bad-ass stunt coordinator for the Indiana Jones pictures?

Could it be the enormous $15 million budget that's unheard of by Christian movie standards?

Or could it be something more...spiritual?

Could God be real?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel ill.
The book (of which I could only stomach about ten pages of) was made for Kirk Cameron.
It is finished.

In other news, after reading scathing reviews about this shoddy joke of a Christian movie called "Mom's Night Out" and how lame it was even while trying to be savvy and outrageous for its audience, I went on FaceBook and saw that one of my Christian female friends had seen it, and she was raving about how funny and insightful it was.

Please shoot me now.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh man, I already sense late-night cult classic potential. Please God let it be bad enough to be funny.

A

Anew Leaf

Oh man, I already sense late-night cult classic potential. Please God let it be bad enough to be funny.

I feel the same way.

Bad movies that are so bad that they simply remain that way (I'm looking at you, "Other Woman") just break my heart.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel the same way.

Bad movies that are so bad that they simply remain that way (I'm looking at you, "Other Woman") just break my heart.
Agreed. :(

Thank goodness for Syfy original movies! Amirite?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are those actually funny-bad or just bad?
Oh my god. Life-changingly hilarious bad. Or at least, Sharknado is -- haven't seen more than 5 mins of the others. But I've heard they're funny too?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Behold, I am coming soon...to steal the Declaration of Independence.

And Sharknado was a concept that only a creative genius could come up with.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it's here.
And it's a DOOOOOZY.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/disaster-movie-we-round-up-the-most-scathing-left-99061040397.html

Reviews for Left Behind are in, and the critics are far from rapturous. Based on the Christian bestseller about the end of the world (previously adapted as a straight-to-DVD film starring Kirk Cameron), the new movie stars Nicolas Cage as adulterous pilot Rayford Steele and Cassi Thomson as his atheist teenage daughter Chloe. When the End Times begin, half the population vanishes as the film’s protagonists watch in horror — a phrase that would also seem to describe the experience of several film writers. Here are the most scathing highlights about Left Behind, which is shaping up to be one of the worst-reviewed movies of the year...

From the AV Club...
God only knows how they made a worse version of Left Behind

D-

“...One need not be a Godless heathen to find fault in Left Behind’s message-delivery system: It’s a fire-and-brimstone sermon wrapped in the tissue of a bad disaster thriller — a criticism that’s dogged the book series since its earliest installments. But this adaptation is so broad, cartoonish, and ineptly made that harping on its theological methods seems like overkill; even diehard devotees of the franchise may crack up when, say, Rayford finally figures out what’s going on by flipping through the personal calendar of one of the departed — and then breaking down into sobs when he finds the words BIBLE STUDY scrawled ominously on an open page...”

... oh. And....

Rotten Tomatoes
3%
Average Rating: 2.3/10
Reviews Counted: 36
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 35

Oh, and a line from the JoBlo review... wow... it's like a setup:

And Sharknado was a concept that only a creative genius could come up with.

I agree that "Sharknado'ed Behind" might have been a more interesting premise for this movie.

The reviews are more like "Snarknado."

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Looks like it isn't. :( Ah well.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree that "Sharknado'ed Behind" might have been a more interesting premise for this movie.

I have a feeling that this is already being made for straight to DVD, you know the movies at the video store behind the beaded curtains.

Beorn

Permabanned
I thought when I became a Presbyterian I escaped this crap forever.
Even here I'm subjected to this crap.

[I was going to put an angry Kirk Cameron face here, but apparently he only has a happy face and a blank stare face. What an actor.]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a feeling that this is already being made for straight to DVD, you know the movies at the video store behind the beaded curtains.

Oh baby....I can't wait to get my behind sharknado'ed.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought when I became a Presbyterian I escaped this crap forever.
Even here I'm subjected to this crap.

Oh, [MENTION=5789]Beorn[/MENTION], Beorn, Beorn...

you know you can run but you can't hide [from the long arm of pretrib dispensationalism]...

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A reboot? I didn't realize there was a series of movies before this one.

I wonder which one is going to be more bullshit garbage.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've actually heard a lot of ranking on the recent version as the worst, although its budget was larger.

But really... when you're arguing about which dungheap smells worse? I'd rather be sniffing the flowers.