• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Pieces Of Classical Music

Adam

MBTI Type
DEUS
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Satie and his Gymnopédies yet. I find that the visuals compliment his music perfectly in the video below:

This part specifically is probably the most well-known:

Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King is fun and imaginative:

Massenet's Meditation is beautiful:

The video above reminded me of the soundtrack to The Fountain, which you shouldn't cheat yourself of:

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I like chopin's dark stuff...his light stuff reminds me of vivaldi...just too soft and gentle to have any real effect. his dark stuff mirrors the ups and downs of life with gravity where as his light stuff is just like looking at a really fancy cake or something. I guess it could be good at the right moment but his emo phase just casts a shadow over it. the beauty of chopin's emo phase is that very few do it like him....he doesn't strike sound like mozart but he lets it sneak up on you until you're crying.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I don’t often listen to the classical music, but I have my favourites.

I like Chopin best. There is heaviness in his music. I think that he’s emotional, but the music is more about trying to hide emotions than about expressing them.

I like also Debussy

Fregoli

MBTI Type
ESTP
:laugh: you're quite correct there... though the end would probably gain Lovecraft's approval as well

perhaps I have a bit of a morbid streak though... currently listening to Mozart's version of Dies Irae

Talking about Hector Berlioz, you should listen to his Requiem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWe6ScS_JgE

It's (as you'd expect from Hec) monumental: four massive brass bands and choirs at each point of the compass. When it was first performed, half the audience thought the end of the world had come.

The end of the Damnation of Faust is impressive, too; Mephistopheles and Faust hurtle headlong into the abyss of hell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL6-gTwuV8s

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Talking about Hector Berlioz, you should listen to his Requiem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWe6ScS_JgE

It's (as you'd expect from Hec) monumental: four massive brass bands and choirs at each point of the compass. When it was first performed, half the audience thought the end of the world had come.

The end of the Damnation of Faust is impressive, too; Mephistopheles and Faust hurtle headlong into the abyss of hell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL6-gTwuV8s

oooh... have the first on my phone, but have not heard the second that I remember... I must listen to it! :holy:

sinister and impressive classical music is the BEST to play mad conductor to! :yes:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I heard some music yesterday on the radio that I quite liked. Can't remembrr any details other than the fact that it sounded baroque and featured French horns.

Lark

I love Carmin Burana (spelling) - Oh, Fortuna, that lament or appeal, plus the belief in antiquity of a personified Fortune or Fortuna, as a beautiful woman, are all things which I absolutely love, I love Machavelli because he wrote books intended as guides for people swept up by fortune but living in the knowledge that fortune would sweep them down again.

You die a hero or live long enough to become the villain ;)

supersleuth

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Frederic Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu and, of course, all four movements of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik