• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need new reading material...

MBTI Type
ENTP
The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky
Thus Spoke Zarathustra - Friedrich Nietzsche

I would have to say that Thus Spoke Zarathustra is one of the worst books of Nietzsche to begin with... I would counter-offer with A Genealogy of Morals or Beyond Good and Evil.

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
pure_mercury said:
That would be bad. People would be speaking fat-man Middle English, and it would makes things very difficult (although hilarious).
Hilarity is worth inconvenience.

After heroically managing to get halfway through it before giving up, I think A Confederacy Of Dunces is best used as a doorstop.
You couldn't enjoy it because of all of the self-identification going on.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
Though it won't satisfy any needs for sitting down with a good book, Ted.com has TONS of really interesting clips and new ones are posted every week. I could give you a list of oldies but goodies (which if you read a lot, you've probably already read--I haven't read anything new in a good while because I've been so busy with heavy reading for my English major). A few of my favorites are: Hideous Kinky by Esther Freud (newer--by sigmund freud's granddaughter), The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov (hard to find sometimes, but it's hysterical--so random and deep while seeming superficial), Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard (hysterical), A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry, A Death in the Family by James Agee, The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway, and Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. The Lovely Bones is also very intense and might leave you a little emotionally wounded for a bit because it is so intense (at least in my opinion--brutal crime and deep sadness).