• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what holds your attention during a movie

what holds your attention for a movie

• Total voters

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I voted 'other' because I really think it's characters/relationships that hold my interest most. The more authentic and complex, the more I'm into it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
for me it's cinamatography. Especially bright colors that pop, it's like I want to stare just to see them, and it helps if the story is good as well.they make me happy

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I voted 'other' because I really think it's characters/relationships that hold my interest most. The more authentic and complex, the more I'm into it.

Me too. This and plotline. I love an engaging plotline. But probably the most important thing to me is characters whose heads I can get into. A really good protagonist, especially, and the more complex and "good" the antagonist - the more we can see them as not just a villain, the better.

I do have a thing for beautiful landscapes and special effects, and good music, but even that fails after a while for me if the story isn't driving it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went with 'other'. There are different types of movies I appreciate in different ways. The least of which are the fx movies, but I do delight novel effects, but those are almost always in movies by directors that are trying to do something different and interesting, i.e. not Michael Bay.

I like visually cool movies, especially if they have kick ass sound tracks, like Hannah, Tron, Wes Anderson flicks and Kung Fu movies. I like movies with quirky characters and strange premises and strange ideas, more Wes Anderson, Charlie Kaufman, Terry Gilliam, etc. The acting is not all that important with these. Then I like sloppy, sappy, emotionally vulnerable stuff, even going into rom com territory, and especially coming of age stuff, High Fidelity, Say Anything, Pretty In Pink, etc.

EDIT: Oh, also movies as artifacts, movies that are little time capsules, examples of a subculture, a feeling, a generation, an ideation. Rocky Horror, Grease, Reefer Madness, Dazed & Confused, American Graffiti, Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
It really depends, but the script is more important than the technical aspects, for me. Dynamic characterization, good dialogue, etc.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Foremost pace and editing fitting for the genre.
After that story/plot
After that the rest.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Character development is huge for me.

I have to get to know everyone so that I trust them.

It took me years to like Everyone Loves Raymond, cause I didn't understand any of the characters.

I'm like that with most everyone on the TV screen.

I have to watch things from the beginning to get all the context too.

(I picked other)