• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hannibal (TV Series), finally a depiction that lives up to Silence of the Lambs

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
tumblr_n3jhaaWKSj1rs0nr3o2_250.gif

Comedy gold!

yesssssss, lol.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like how it has its own "carry" clasp built in.

You can just hang it on your lapel until you're ready to eat it.
Or use them as edible earrings.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like how it has its own "carry" clasp built in.

You can just hang it on your lapel until you're ready to eat it.
Or use them as edible earrings.

Hannibal the Cannibal Devil. I was squeezing Mr. Snuggles last night pretty hard.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hannibal the Cannibal Devil. I was squeezing Mr. Snuggles last night pretty hard.

Incidentally, was that the first time the rhyme has been used on the TV show, or have they used it before?

Poor Mr. Snuggles. I hope his head did not pop off.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The episode titles are great too. "Futamono" literally means "lidded dish." Like Miriam.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Incidentally, was that the first time the rhyme has been used on the TV show, or have they used it before?

Poor Mr. Snuggles. I hope his head did not pop off.

I'm tempted to say no, but no idea.

I sewed it back on.

"Lidded dish" yeesh, anyone else think that Hannibal character might be a little immoral?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great commentary on the episode here:
http://www.tvovermind.com/hannibal/hannibal-2-06-review-futamono-232169
I agree with his comments on Izzard and Esparza.

And all the interplay with Chilton and Lecter just cracks me up more, when I recall the movie version of SotL. Gawd. It just gives so much more depth to it, and especially the long-running feud/disdain between the two... and especially the whole cat and mouse thing about Chilton scurrying about trying to hide himself, and Lecter merely awaiting that one moment where he can pounce and maximize the terror and pain of his particular prey. (That's really how Hopkins played it at the movie's end, quietly stalking the oblivious Chilton like a panther stalks a small animal.)

Yeah, I missed the analogy on first pass (mostly because I didn't see what the name of the episode was), but what a play on words. Everything is so carefully thought out.

Also, the discovery of Miriam is obviously yet another scheme by you-know-who.... He's so meticulous, he wouldn't miss something like that bark. It was all planned for some reason.

I'm still wondering when the season's opening scene syncs up with the flashback plot that we've essentially been watching for so many episodes now.

PancakeMix

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Also, the discovery of Miriam is obviously yet another scheme by you-know-who.... He's so meticulous, he wouldn't miss something like that bark. It was all planned for some reason.

I'm thinking the exact same thing. If you look at the Korean preview for episode 7 you see Miriam being asked if Hannibal is the Chesapeake Ripper. I think that part of Hannibal's plan was making Jack find Miriam just so that she will say that Hannibal wasn't her captor.

midnight rambler

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm thinking the exact same thing. If you look at the Korean preview for episode 7 you see Miriam being asked if Hannibal is the Chesapeake Ripper. I think that part of Hannibal's plan was making Jack find Miriam just so that she will say that Hannibal wasn't her captor.

I am kind of on the fence about that. Hannibal could have brainwashed her to believe it wasn't him, but I think that he maybe made a mistake and that leads to the big fight between Jack and Hannibal.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am kind of on the fence about that. Hannibal could have brainwashed her to believe it wasn't him, but I think that he maybe made a mistake and that leads to the big fight between Jack and Hannibal.

How does Hannibal get caught in the books? I forgot.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great commentary on the episode here:
http://www.tvovermind.com/hannibal/hannibal-2-06-review-futamono-232169
I agree with his comments on Izzard and Esparza.

And all the interplay with Chilton and Lecter just cracks me up more, when I recall the movie version of SotL. Gawd. It just gives so much more depth to it, and especially the long-running feud/disdain between the two... and especially the whole cat and mouse thing about Chilton scurrying about trying to hide himself, and Lecter merely awaiting that one moment where he can pounce and maximize the terror and pain of his particular prey. (That's really how Hopkins played it at the movie's end, quietly stalking the oblivious Chilton like a panther stalks a small animal.)

Yeah, I missed the analogy on first pass (mostly because I didn't see what the name of the episode was), but what a play on words. Everything is so carefully thought out.

I'm still wondering when the season's opening scene syncs up with the flashback plot that we've essentially been watching for so many episodes now.

I really liked this quote "I find it almost a redundant task to try to explain how Hannibal is one of the best television series on, since the evidence is all there."

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How does Hannibal get caught in the books? I forgot.
Will graham brings him down. They were friends, but he recognizes wound patterns on the victims match The Wound Man chart, lecter realizes he knows and comes at him from behind with a knife and cuts him up badly, then Crawford shows up? Something like that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Draw me like one of your clocks"?

O.M.G. :rofl1:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Will graham brings him down. They were friends, but he recognizes wound patterns on the victims match The Wound Man chart, lecter realizes he knows and comes at him from behind with a knife and cuts him up badly, then Crawford shows up? Something like that.

I kinda remember when that happened to Edward Norton. And it seems like the exact same (close enough) thing happened to Miriam. I guess my point is it's NOT a mistake for Hannibal to lead Crawford to the cabin, but it is a mistake to leave his books lying around bookmarked at "How to Prepare Human Flesh for Friends and Neighbors."

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I kinda remember when that happened to Edward Norton. And it seems like the exact same (close enough) thing happened to Miriam. I guess my point is it's NOT a mistake for Hannibal to lead Crawford to the cabin, but it is a mistake to leave his books lying around bookmarked at "How to Prepare Human Flesh for Friends and Neighbors."

[Scott Thompson runs out, hands flying, waving book in air]: "OH MY SWEET BABY JESUS! It's a COOKBOOK! A COOKBOOK!"

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh, Jennifer, you've reminded me of another wonderful thing about this show. SCOTT EFFING THOMPSON IS ON IT.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, Jennifer, you've reminded me of another wonderful thing about this show. SCOTT EFFING THOMPSON IS ON IT.

:heart: :D

I still expect Bruce McCulloch to pop up wearing an apron, but... wonderful!

midnight rambler

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

I don't think Hannibal and Will were ever friends in the books. In the books, Will went to talk to Hannibal about a victim of the rippers who he treated when he was working in the ER. Will only saw Hannibal twice and was attacked when he discovered the wound man diagram Hannibal accidently left out.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think Hannibal and Will were ever friends in the books. In the books, Will went to talk to Hannibal about a victim of the rippers who he treated when he was working in the ER. Will only saw Hannibal twice and was attacked when he discovered the wound man diagram Hannibal accidently left out.

you might be right, and I don't even know why I wrote they were friends as I reread my answer. I don't even remember writing it, I must have been rushing through it or thinking of other things at the time.

Anyway, all the stuff in the TV show is obviously manufactured outside the book, none of the relational stuff and incidents and connections are present in the book. Red Dragon (which features Will) is after lecter has been in custody for some time, Will has healed from his gutting by Lecter, and doesn't even really want to be involved with the new serial killer case, he had retired. But Crawford begs him.