• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hannibal (TV Series), finally a depiction that lives up to Silence of the Lambs

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

So they are not trying to keep inline with the movies.

That was interesting.

God I hope not. I like the unpredictability. I do shed a tear for
though. And yeah, he's dead as a doornail. That's an FBI marksman that popped off a bullet that went straight through what snipers call, The Apricot. Where the brain stem connects the spinal cord (or Medulla oblongata). I rewatched several times.

93JC

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I forgot, since I've been out all day. I'll download last night's episode and give it a whirl.

I actually have some sympathy for Chilton due to the TV show. in the movie, he was such a lech... I felt dirty after watching any of his scenes. The way he latches onto Starling just... ewww, gross.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What. Well, shit. Now I don't know what to think.

To be fair though, Frank Serpico (real life cop) was shot in the cheek and the bullet lodged in his jaw.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha!
Well, that allows for an interesting variation on a theme.

But yeah, with this show, you can just never be sure of what you are seeing. Who knows?

As 93JC noted, yeah, the deal with Katz definitely is a given and is not what happened in the book.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha!
Well, that allows for an interesting variation on a theme.

But yeah, with this show, you can just never be sure of what you are seeing. Who knows?

As 93JC noted, yeah, the deal with Katz definitely is a given and is not what happened in the book.

Yeah, Chilton's definitely a fumbling dumbass when he's "caught." I don't buy it either, but I guess with Miriam's reaction, we're supposed to believe Crawford's ready to believe it.

G

Ginkgo

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is, and I feel bad in a broad sense, but in the specific sense, she kinda has it coming.

heck, if it were Game of Thrones, she'd be dead already. ;)

R

Riva

^

She has utmost trust in will.
Will sends someone to kill hannibal.
She sleeps with hannibal.

Was she really attracted to hannibal?
Was she screwing hannibal to get back at will?
Or is it both and she used that excuse (will trying to kill hannibal) to bond with hannibal and then have sex with him?

And isn't it annoying that she 'seems to be' basing all her psychiactric evaluations on trust?

G

Ginkgo

^

Or is it both and she used that excuse (will trying to kill hannibal) to bond with hannibal and then have sex with him?

And isn't it annoying that she 'seems to be' basing all her psychiactric evaluations on trust?

I agree with the bolded, but I don't think she had sex with Hannibal to get back at Will. I think she saw Hannibal as a victim, saw herself as a victim (having had her trust broken), and bonded over the mutual feelings of victimhood. If she had sex to get back at Will, then she would have volunteered that information without pressure.

By the time Hannibal is incarcerated, her trust will be completely demolished - twice. She's just another casualty in a ruse that only Will can manage to see through. At the beginning of the series, everyone placed faith in Lector; does that mean that they all deserve what's being given to them? I don't think so. It's ungodly cruel.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still don't see why people be hatin' on Dr Bloom n shit.

How's she supposed to know? The show never shows her watching the series.

Well, she just needs to watch more TV!!

I think she does bond with Lecter in the way Ginkgo states.

The problem is that she's probably the least competent person on the show, and the least perceptive...and totally unaware despite that being her job. She's not even open to bring wrong... to the degree she's sleeping with people involved instead of trying to develop some impartiality. That part doesn't speak well of her and is a character flaw that would tarnish her professional work in general.

G

Ginkgo

It is, and I feel bad in a broad sense, but in the specific sense, she kinda has it coming.

heck, if it were Game of Thrones, she'd be dead already. ;)
You're right.

ps-
What do I have to do to get you to start watching GoT? :D

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, she just needs to watch more TV!!

I think she does bond with Lecter in the way Ginkgo states.

The problem is that she's probably the least competent person on the show, and the least perceptive...and totally unaware despite that being her job. She's not even open to bring wrong... to the degree she's sleeping with people involved instead of trying to develop some impartiality. That part doesn't speak well of her and is a character flaw that would tarnish her professional work in general.

Yeah but she's being blamed for not knowing who Satan is. And I heard he is a crafty fellar.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^

What in the heck you talkin' bout kid? Will is looney tunes in her head!

And when Will decides to kill Hannibal by telling the psycho orderly to hang him on a bucket, Alana is all "I'm so sad, in a way, our nice pal Will is dead. Do you get as horny as me at funerals?" And Hannibal's all "Totes."

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're right.

ps-
What do I have to do to get you to start watching GoT? :D

I just started. I saw Episode #1 last night.

The last minute was a hilarious doozy. Like, are you kidding me?
Better call the hiring directors, we're gonna run out of actors at some point.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah but she's being blamed for not knowing who Satan is. And I heard he is a crafty fellar.

No, she's being blamed for being incompetent at her job.

If a pastor who claimed to know all about Satan and preached about Satan every week and made a lifelong career out of talking about how one needs to recognize and defeat Satan ended up being taken in by Satan, I'd be making fun of his hubris as well.

What type of psychiatrist starts screwing a lead suspect in a police investigation that she is involved in? Even if she thinks he's innocent? Has she ever heard of projection? Or transference? Or identification? Or... well, you know, all that crap you learn in first-year psych at a basic university?

Rest assured, I don't blame her because Hannibal fooled her; I blame her for being incompetent at minimizing her own emotional attachments in a situation that involves much more discretion. She can believe Hannibal is innocent, but a competent psychiatrist would stay away from emotional engagements with people related to the cases.