• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hannibal (TV Series), finally a depiction that lives up to Silence of the Lambs

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
HAHAHA!

ohmygod.

Well, it was really nice going into the finale and having no idea where it would go, at least after the initial 15 minutes.
And then came the last twenty minutes.

EDIT: Oh, and I have to make this joke:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read an article with an interview of the "boss" of the show, he said it could make an appropriate ending like that, if the show were never to continue. He said season 4 or 5 (IDR) would be the best.

Oh well I knew the whole show was silly to begin with, but very beautiful. I adapted much to gore now. Not that I search for it, but I can handle it. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree that the show "could" end on that episode if necessary, although it's sad if it does and nothing ever does work out again.

My personal feelings -- having Red Dragon crammed into six episodes felt rushed. I wish they would have trimmed down the first part of the season instead and given it one or two more. I also didn't enjoy the finale as much as I enjoyed episodes and finales from the first two seasons.

it had some good stuff, I just wouldn't place it as high on the scale, which is a bummer if it's a series closer.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So, how did you interpret the very last scene, after the credits began to roll?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, how did you interpret the very last scene, after the credits began to roll?

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
My personal feelings -- having Red Dragon crammed into six episodes felt rushed. I wish they would have trimmed down the first part of the season instead and given it one or two more.
I agree strongly with this. I was completely disinterested in the first half of the season. I think I recall hearing the news that NBC had cancelled really early in the season, otherwise I would hold the first six episodes responsible for dooming the show (I'm sure they didn't help the ratings to cause any second thoughts). There should have been one or two episodes worked to get Hannibal into custody, skip Mason completely, then on to the Red Dragon.

I enjoyed the finale. Thought it was a good wrap up.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I did enjoy a lot of the first half of the season (the Hannibal+Bedelia in Europe stuff was OMG) but I didn't like the Mason Verger stuff much. Honestly, for me it came down to I just didn't like the way the new actor played him. It reminded me of the Bugs Bunny gangster and took me out of the show too much.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Mason needed to be trimmed back (or postponed) for the good of the show... The book "Hannibal" just wasn't as compelling as "Red Dragon."...but I have to admit, I did laugh at a lot of him... a role so big they needed two actors to fill it.

(Actually more like one said, "I'm tired of having a jigsaw of rubber glued to my face" and the new guy probably got paid extra to suffer through it.)

I can't remember how much more seriously Harris tried to write Mason, but on the big screen he works best as a scenery-chewing, sardonic nut. I was always wondering what crazy thing he would say next that would send the censors into a tittering tizzy.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Right. Like I said, the Bugs Bunny gangster.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hannibal: What We Would Want To See in Season 4

Despite being fantastically dark during its three-season run, Bryan Fuller’s Hannibal burned too brightly, and ended well before its story had reached a natural conclusion. While the image of Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter locked in an embrace, the waves of the Atlantic crashing hundreds of feet below them, nearly drowning out the good doctor’s final words of “This is all I ever wanted for you” were delicious and satisfying in their own right – and continue to be more so, as time after the finale marches on – there will always be a contingent wondering where the story would have gone if the series hadn’t been canceled by NBC or another network had immediately picked it up....

So this article takes some guesses at what might happen / what might have been. Interesting stuff...

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm just starting season 3. I really love this show. I didn't think I would but the fact that it has its audience
shows how great of a show it is.
Artistic, deep, we'll written, and perfectly cast; there's nothing to complain about.

My favourite seen so far was the scene in which

Gah I love this show. I am reluctant to finish season 3 because it will mean it is over. :cry:

Neshama

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I haven't finished season 3 yet either. It's hard to believe it's over after this. The relationship between Hannibal and Will is so fascinating and there is nothing on TV comparable to the beautiful symbolism and imagery in the series. Even with it's dark subject matter, which doesn't naturally appeal to me, I can hardly turn away.