• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WoW, it just sucks the life out you

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Did it for me, and I merely ordered a 10-day trial from a website and spent few of my waiting hours watching World of Warcraft videos on youtube. Never again.

*wears his running shoes and goes for a run* :run:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Run, Forrest, run!!!!

WoW is dangerous.
(Player, beware!)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
WoW is dangerous.
I already got dreaming of 5-boxing, botting, finishing instances in record times and all other WoW nerdery.. and I thought WTF? :huh: Starting from having just one character and playing an hour a day, through what leap of logic am I striving for some "achievements" in there? :BangHead:

It was terrible to care about any of the game concepts at a time.

I already imagined a smell sweat in my apartment, concept of time eluding, desire to live normally weakening.. weakening..

So my alarm ran and I said to myself, wake up foo!

Still, half the day is spoiled by having remembered all that :sick: Uhh now I need an emergency dose of LIFE ;)

Why oh why am I weak for such useless pursuits :boohoo: Blessed be those who always have a good grip on reality. It's impossible to lure certain kind of sensible people to the trap named Wow :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The game is woven to snare the fly.
Honey is always sweeter when stuck to the feet.
When that happens, you cannot move.

^^^ My tribute to Wildcat.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I finally found a happy medium with the game. I used to be extremely addicted to it, to the point that I would get home from work every day, log in until I passed out at around 1:30AM, and then 12 hours a day on the weekends.

Now I play about 3 hours a week, and I am really enjoying it. I am still able to have fun without losing myself to it. I guess it's all about balance.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was playing all the time (seriously, I mean like 30 hours a week) until like March. It was because I was so depressed, and the game has an (1) easy reward structure and (2) socializing without having to go out and (3) persona customization where I could be whomever I wanted and be accepted.

Once I changed my living arrangements and started extroverting a lot more (and having opportunities to do that), my playtime dwindled quickly to 10 hour a week, then down to nothing.

Now I force myself to login every 10 days or so, for an hour or two, just to stay in touch with people.

But yes, remember that the game is designed to be addictive, especially to the novice crowd.

TheKei

MBTI Type
INTJ
Nah.. WoW only lasted about a month for me, which sucks because I paid for 3 months =( Now, Ragnarok Online, THAT is crack. The kind of crack that still keeps calling for me... Such good times

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
WoW is what killed any sort of levelling game for me. There were some addictive moments at some points, and some very boring points of just waiting for that dang level to just show the heck up already. (I quit after six months out of boredom, than came back for 5 months or so, waitied for another month after boredom, than deleted all characters and completely quit after a swing in the "addiction" direction.) There were a few good moments as well, but the boredom from the levelling game tends to stretch these out more and more.

If you do feel like you just need to play, try and find a way to spend time away from the computer it is on.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think I'll 2-box bot a 2-member group to 70. I bought keys to a botting program and have been setting it up. That's something interesting.

I've found more interesting things to do by setting up the bot than I've found by playing the game :)

Mozzes

I began my descent into madness about a month after WoW hit the shelves. Grinding out 1-60 was one of the most mind-numbing experiences of my life and as testament to that it took me more than 7 months to hit endgame territory. Life at 60 wasn't as sleep-inducing - I found a good guild, did a bunch of raiding and pvp. Then the the Harbinger of my Doom, otherwise known as The Burning Crusade, hit the WoWiverse. Many people cheered and rejoiced at all the new content and I'm loathe to admit at first I was one of the happy mindless masses. Then I realized that at its core there was nothing particularly novel about the expansion. You can take a jalopy, throw a coat of paint on it and stuff a CD player in the dash but that doesn't make it a new car. It got to where I considered the game such a waste of time that I started making death threats to myself. Either I was going to stop playing or I was going start beating myself into a pulp. A few blows to the head later and here I am WoW free for over a year and only a little worse for wear.

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
i started about 5 months ago, went from ally (they suck) to horde (much, much better)

i haven't had much time to play much as i have 2 jobs, so even starting out, i could only play 3-5/day...

and so now, i play at a comforatble 3-6 hrs/day, but i also take time off to go to the bar or sing or even just watch a movie...

even now, when i have to work only my weekend job, during the week, i just get on and play, log out. then get on and play, then log out...

heh, not too addicted to any games... i just like it to be there to fill in some boring times i would otherwise have...

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
I tried to play but I think I don't understand it. It isn't at all addicting to me, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I just walk around and do quests.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^ Same here. I'm sure if I knew wtf was going on I'd become addicted. :huh:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never played it. Although I can't see why it wouldn't help me.

Although I don't like fantasy games that much. They never appeal to me. Now EVE Online on the other hand, is something that would appeal to me; I love space games. I just don't want to pay $14 a month to play it.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Okay, I might be hooked and I'm trying to entice Cafe into the 10 trial thingy. How the hell do you kill the forest spiders and wolves? And what's with those assholes in the forest that suck the life out of you? I must have died a thousand times.