• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WoW, it just sucks the life out you

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Not you too Jen!? You have a family!
Well I've made most of my hours in WoW while addicted, but people can be playing it just without addiction.. like me atm. I play about 8 hrs a week now.. so, being a no-lifer is not a prequisite to WoWing :D

So uhm, those who don't know it yet.. WoW seemed dull, which is why I started this thread. But I've started to 5-box, which is fun, and works awfully well for me. 5-boxing means playing 5 characters at a same time. It's a technical challenge, and more of a challenge in many ways than playing 1 character.. it's enough to do it 2-3 hours twice a week.

I guess my ENTJness keeps me from being addicted to it; I'm more or less equally addicted to many things.. life, money, this and that.. so it stays balanced.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^ I thought you were an ENTP?

SH don't worry, I don't have time or patience to sit for hours on end for anything much less a video game. ;)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
yay! Cafe and I found each other. We are night elves in Blackhand I think. Took for friggin ever to find her! Now back to real life. ;)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I tried to play but I think I don't understand it. It isn't at all addicting to me, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I just walk around and do quests.

Once you get to the point where you can run instances, then it gets addictive. Sometimes I would get on only intending to do a quest or two, or buy something, and then I would find a party and be on all night.

I don't allow myself to play during the semester because I will never get any work done.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, and I was on there playing with my kid till after midnight and she's got school tomorrow. :doh: Four day weekend coming up. I've got a pretty good idea what we'll he doing. :whistling:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Yeah, and I was on there playing with my kid till after midnight and she's got school tomorrow. :doh: Four day weekend coming up. I've got a pretty good idea what we'll he doing. :whistling:
That was too fun, until my laptop crashed. It doesn't seem to like Shadowland.

Here is the link for the 10 day free trial. If I am hooked then you deserve to be as well. Sign up and join meet in the woods tonight. :devil:

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
They have the refer a friend thing going now also which is kinda cool. You link your account to your friends, and while you are grouped you earn double or triple XP, and you can teleport to each other. I set that up with my son, but all he does is run around in circles, laughing like a madman.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yay! Cafe and I found each other. We are night elves in Blackhand I think. Took for friggin ever to find her! Now back to real life. ;)

omg. You guys are wowwing now?
On Blackhand?

I am SO there.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
They have the refer a friend thing going now also which is kinda cool. You link your account to your friends, and while you are grouped you earn double or triple XP, and you can teleport to each other. I set that up with my son, but all he does is run around in circles, laughing like a madman.
I'm enjoying following people around and harassing them and the coolest part is that I won't get arrested!

I'm wondering if there's a way that Santtu and I can finally duke it out without having to leave our homes. :D

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
omg. You guys are wowwing now?
On Blackhand?

I am SO there.
Crap if I know where we are. We're night elves and live in Shadowland. PM me your name if you have a Night Elf character (or make one) and I'll add you to my friends list.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I thought I hadn't seen cafe posting much lately. Nor any of the other people who've posted on this thread.

Personally, I'm trying to hold off on WoW for as long as I can. I feel like a pre-emptive WoW reformee. I'm pretty sure I'll have a weak moment and get sucked in one day. Maybe heroin will keep me WoW-free for a year or two. Worth a shot.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Crap if I know where we are. We're night elves and live in Shadowland. PM me your name if you have a Night Elf character (or make one) and I'll add you to my friends list.

I just need the server name and your character name and I will find you. ;)

Once you /invite <name> someone to your group, you can see them on the map too.

I thought I hadn't seen cafe posting much lately. Nor any of the other people who've posted on this thread.

Now I am betting I know where Ivy has been. ha ha.

I actually am at the tail end of my WoW career. I played for, like, 20 hours a week for a year or more (sigh, yeah, bad me).

I just stopped all of a sudden in April. I had just reached 70 with one toon, but overall I just got bored and no longer needed it. But I still go on to see friends.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
That's pretty much all I do with it as well. I play on Tuesday nights, and it's a nice escape for me.

I actually just transferred my 63 rogue off Blackhand about 3 weeks ago :(

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I just need the server name and your character name and I will find you. ;)

Once you /invite <name> someone to your group, you can see them on the map too.

Now I am betting I know where Ivy has been. ha ha.

I actually am at the tail end of my WoW career. I played for, like, 20 hours a week for a year or more (sigh, yeah, bad me).

I just stopped all of a sudden in April. I had just reached 70 with one toon, but overall I just got bored and no longer needed it. But I still go on to see friends.
We are in Blackhand and my name is upyours (j/k). ;P

Ivy to the best of my knowledge isn't here yet, but she needs to join. I mean what's the point of being on vacation if you're not going to play WoW?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm on Blackhand as Jenafae. Wheee

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to be playing Saints Row 2 next week. That will be even better than World of Warcraft. I'll get to create the idealized woman in that game and then control her.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I have a terrible time not wasting my time playing video games, but this is one game I will NEVER go near to. I bet it will suck my life, soul and energy right out of me. *runs out of thread*