• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Types Tend to Have the Broadest Range of Interests?

maybetmp

MBTI Type
iNtP
And what factors affect this? Extraversion? Perceving versus judging? Is there an association between having a wide range of hobbies and Ne? Experiences, hypotheses and anecdotes are all welcomed. What type do you think has the broadest range?

Alea_iacta_est

ESFJ, ENTP, ESTJ, ENFP

The trick is having an extroverted attitude as your dominant personality and an extroverted attitude as your relief function (tertiary, this is the function that you go to for creativity, childish fun, etc.). As for the actual winner, then we would have to ascertain which extroverted functions are the broadest and most involved, Ne vs Se vs Fe vs Te. I favor Te > Fe, leaving the competition between ENFP and ESTJ.

EDIT: Forgot ESTP and ESFP along with ENTJ and ENFJ.

Still, that amounts to a race between ESFP, ESTJ, ENFP, and ENTJ

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i was gonna come in here and say ENFP, but i thought i might be biased.

...i still think ENFP though.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
imo: ENFPs as individuals probably have a wide collection of interests, but ESFJs collectively probably have a mastery of a plethora of skills and interests. One ESFJ friend of mine is amazing with computers and programming, while my ESFJ bestie absolutely DOMINATES at lacrosse. ENFPs probably do collect a lot more as one person, but if you brought all the ESFJs together...damn the rest of the world better watch out. :laugh:

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think ENFP. I have a fairly wide variety of interests. But, the person I know who seems to know something about literally everything is an ENFP.

Aleria

Between extroverts, Ne-doms, definitely.

Between introverts, INTPs. (Every INTP I know, including myself, has a wide range of interests, sometimes even more than some Ne-doms I know)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Between extroverts, Ne-doms, definitely.

Between introverts, INTPs. (Every INTP I know, including myself, has a wide range of interests, sometimes even more than some Ne-doms I know)

I agree with Ne-doms.

And while INTPs may have alot of interests, they do tend to go deeper with them than Ne doms do.

So I think Ne-doms are at the top but INTPs aren't too much far behind.

L

LadyLazarus

Ne-doms/aux.

I don't even have Ne in my fucking thing, but I'm pretty much the epitome of "jack of all trades, master of none." :dry:

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
iNtuition/Openness. Perhaps NP types slightly more; I tend to strive toward mastery.

Aleria

I agree with Ne-doms.

And while INTPs may have alot of interests, they do tend to go deeper with them than Ne doms do.

So I think Ne-doms are at the top but INTPs aren't too much far behind.

Exactly, that's the main difference.