• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dungeons & Dragons, Call of Cthulhu, Other TTRPGs

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FB_IMG_1699878022011.jpg

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
And merry effin' Xmas to you too!

When a cold wind blows it chills you. Chills you too the bone. But there's nothing in nature that freezes your heart like years of being a CEO. Its paints you with indiference like a child plays with blocks. and the worst of the worst, the most hated and cursed is the one that we call Cocks. Unkind as any and the wrath of many This is Christopher C. Cocks. There goes Mr Loot Box there goes Mr. Stocks, ifhe had his way the ogl would be locked. Ol Cocksy loves his money cause he thinks it gives him power, but you know if CEOs had a flavor you can bet his would be sour. There goes mr skinflint. There goes Mr Greed. The undisputed master of the underhanded deed. He charges folks a fortune for updated content in over priced empty sourcebooks, and has the sheer temerity to claim he's not a crook.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We started our new Chronicles of Darkness campaign last week, pretty purely the "Deviant: The Renegades" sub-game flavor.

I wrote up the session in case anyone is interested. Zahra is my character, but as I get to know the others better, I can expound on them. The guy running Amal/Samara really didn't interact much, I think he's needing a while to find his feet. Modi has a weird Elliot Anderson thing going on.

This is set in the Cairo / NAC area of Egypt, and we're all Egyptian with Arabic as our first language.

The Cat

Staff member
waiting for my first cleric/druid multiclass. Got a nature themed aasimar based off green child folklore. 1 level nature cleric 4level circle of the moon druid. Acolyte background. Raised in the Church of Chauntea, druid circle follows Silvanus. worships Chauntea and Silvanus as something of a messenger between the two institutions they're something of a shamanistic type holy person

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I like my campaign.

I didn't include the last sessions, but in Session 2 an innocent woman was murdered during the plotline of our session. She had told me she had a little dog that she gushed over (annoyingly, I admit)... but after she got killed, since she was single, I tracked down her apartment that evening and slipped under the door because I could hear the dog barking. It was scared of me ("plasmoid girl" -- of course I'd freak it out), until I found its food and fed it. Now it likes me.

I renamed it Ptah and had my buddy hacker crack the national pet registration database (since the fines and jail time is pretty stiff for having an unregistered dog) and had its data changed over to me. Hilarious -- I am a plasmoid girl and proud owner of a little yip dog, which will spend most of its time with my roommate at our apartment.

The Cat

Staff member
My next D&D CharacterBased on Rudger Haur's character in Blind Fury: A druidic warrior(with cantrips Shillelagh and Vine Whip) level 4(feat taken fighting initiate: blind fighting) Melee Ranger with a level of Monk. Marine background. Plus a variant human with armor of shadows eldritch adept feat. with a shield it comes out to 22 AC with a proficiency in Perception and 18 on Wisdom gives him a 20 passive perception. Can't wait to play this weekend.​

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My next D&D CharacterBased on Rudger Haur's character in Blind Fury: A druidic warrior(with cantrips Shillelagh and Vine Whip) level 4(feat taken fighting initiate: blind fighting) Melee Ranger with a level of Monk. Marine background. Plus a variant human with armor of shadows eldritch adept feat. with a shield it comes out to 22 AC with a proficiency in Perception and 18 on Wisdom gives him a 20 passive perception. Can't wait to play this weekend.​
That sounds fun -- plus that's a pretty decent AC for 5e. I think my monk was 16-18 and my moon druid was around 18 although it fluctuated when she changed shape.

The Cat

Staff member
That sounds fun -- plus that's a pretty decent AC for 5e. I think my monk was 16-18 and my moon druid was around 18 although it fluctuated when she changed shape.
The druidic warrior is a fighting style for Ranger Ive never played it before, so I'm excited to try it out. I was going to play a druid, but its an inside adventure. The ac was actually incidental I just didnt want to have to wear armor and i realized armor of shadows could stack with unarmored bonus and a slow quiet grin began to spread across my features. . What Monk tradition did you end up taking?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The druidic warrior is a fighting style for Ranger Ive never played it before, so I'm excited to try it out. I was going to play a druid, but its an inside adventure. The ac was actually incidental I just didnt want to have to wear armor and i realized armor of shadows could stack with unarmored bonus and a slow quiet grin began to spread across my features. . What Monk tradition did you end up taking?
Oh, for Molly Hatchet? I think she had one Rogue level and one Fighter level (mostly to dip / get certain abilities), but otherwise she was a Monk of the Long Death. My other real choice was Drunken Master, since she was such a freaking sot. But she became this crazy striker/semi-tank class at higher levels with Long Death. it was nuts.

I will vouch for Druid spellcasting in 5e -- it is insanely good. I really did not expect to have great spells as a Moon Druid (I was going to spend most of my time in animal form), but even lower levels of druid casting are decent, and then you get up to 4-5th level spells and they absolutely are game-breakers.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So Session 5 happened. Basically our team pulled together after the initial investigation of the corporate basement. We did some more investigations, somehow Silent (the assassin) has defected to us, and we settled on this plan with a key that Zahra found while retrieving Jameela Jamil's puppy to infiltrate the company and search the filing cabinets that the key opens.

Session 5 is what happens when Zahra (plasmoid girl) changes shape and wears Jameela's clothes and scan card to get into the company and snoop around while no one's there late on a Friday, while the rest of the team does recon -- and the aftermath of trying to get out of the building.

I am really liking this campaign and my character. It's really scary because Zahra is the least human of the bunch but is its moral compass right now -- and she's not really THAT moral. I basically have all the powers I want, starting out the game, and they just need to be strengthened a bit and then I should build up her stats and skills. Which is a different approach than the last Deviant character I had. But basically I'm playing a slime girl trying to retain her humanity while taking down the conspiracy, and she can change shape and pretend to be other people -- but it's hard for her right now too because her body is so malleable, who is she REALLY? She's fighting to retain a sense of self in a body that can be shaped like anything. And meanwhile she's very deadly because her body is also made of acidic jelly.

The Cat

Staff member
So Session 5 happened. Basically our team pulled together after the initial investigation of the corporate basement. We did some more investigations, somehow Silent (the assassin) has defected to us, and we settled on this plan with a key that Zahra found while retrieving Jameela Jamil's puppy to infiltrate the company and search the filing cabinets that the key opens.

Session 5 is what happens when Zahra (plasmoid girl) changes shape and wears Jameela's clothes and scan card to get into the company and snoop around while no one's there late on a Friday, while the rest of the team does recon -- and the aftermath of trying to get out of the building.

I am really liking this campaign and my character. It's really scary because Zahra is the least human of the bunch but is its moral compass right now -- and she's not really THAT moral. I basically have all the powers I want, starting out the game, and they just need to be strengthened a bit and then I should build up her stats and skills. Which is a different approach than the last Deviant character I had. But basically I'm playing a slime girl trying to retain her humanity while taking down the conspiracy, and she can change shape and pretend to be other people -- but it's hard for her right now too because her body is so malleable, who is she REALLY? She's fighting to retain a sense of self in a body that can be shaped like anything. And meanwhile she's very deadly because her body is also made of acidic jelly.
I had a blast playing a sexy slime girl monk in my last one shot. To hold her humanoid shape more easily she kept the corpse of the monk who's sentience she absorbed at character creation inside herself. So whenever she would ooze through a crack for the party she would leave behind the mummified corpse of a monk with her gear and clothing. She had a far traveller background; drank like an irish fish was dfw and a bit of a space case: Whenever she slimed something or someone she would give a friendly warning of "Careful, that's mildly hallucinogenic." The DM had fun with that lol

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had a blast playing a sexy slime girl monk in my last one shot. To hold her humanoid shape more easily she kept the corpse of the monk who's sentience she absorbed at character creation inside herself. So whenever she would ooze through a crack for the party she would leave behind the mummified corpse of a monk with her gear and clothing.
Lol, that's pretty awesome. Right now Zahra has to shed her clothes/belongings when going through a crack.

I was thinking about picking up a low-level version of a power that lets you create a "space" that you can put things in, I think it would be funny that even if her clothes have no pockets she can just stick it into herself without it getting destroyed. And if it is a "pocket," in effect she could stuff it in, then go through things and reshape, then pull it out. Like, wtf did you hide THAT? *shrug* Want to see what else i can hide?

She had a far traveller background; drank like an irish fish was dfw and a bit of a space case: Whenever she slimed something or someone she would give a friendly warning of "Careful, that's mildly hallucinogenic." The DM had fun with that lol
You can actually build that into Deviant, it would be part of a melee lash and you can add poison or drugged (etc) tilts to it to impact the enemy's scores/functionality.

I built Zahra more as a serious and intense overachiever who isn't naturally as gifted as some and had to work for what she has. She can be a little intimidating, she likes to just plow over people if they are in the way of her goal. Maybe becoming a slime is the best thing to happen to her; maybe she'll chillax a bit.

The Cat

Staff member
Lol, that's pretty awesome. Right now Zahra has to shed her clothes/belongings when going through a crack.

I was thinking about picking up a low-level version of a power that lets you create a "space" that you can put things in, I think it would be funny that even if her clothes have no pockets she can just stick it into herself without it getting destroyed. And if it is a "pocket," in effect she could stuff it in, then go through things and reshape, then pull it out. Like, wtf did you hide THAT? *shrug* Want to see what else i can hide?

You can actually build that into Deviant, it would be part of a melee lash and you can add poison or drugged (etc) tilts to it to impact the enemy's scores/functionality.

I built Zahra more as a serious and intense overachiever who isn't naturally as gifted as some and had to work for what she has. She can be a little intimidating, she likes to just plow over people if they are in the way of her goal. Maybe becoming a slime is the best thing to happen to her; maybe she'll chillax a bit.
Oh that's really cool! There needs to be more magical girl slime love in the Fantasy RPG space(i know theres a lot already but oozes are just so dang cool)

In my homebrew campaigns I like using oozes for cosmic horror effects. The way I make Gelatinous cubes work is kinda like the Nexus in ST Generations. As they dissolve you your body is overwhelmed by pleasure and euphoria and your mind thinks you're wherever you most want to be doing whatever you most want to do with whomever you most want to be with. There's a wisdom saving saving throw when you get pulled out, if you fail you want to try to go back in. In higher magic settings the society has Ooze spas and Ooze dens where people can pay to be exfoliated and get high. There's big money for Oozes to be made in my campaigns. It's not the safest work, but it pays platinum. The only thing it cant over come is player character afraid to explore off the tracks. But thats 5e these days. I need to check out pathfinder for daring players maybe.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh that's really cool! There needs to be more magical girl slime love in the Fantasy RPG space(i know theres a lot already but oozes are just so dang cool)
I was kind of excited when I thought of it, then saw there's a whole RPG slime girl subculture lol. I hadn't known it was a thing.

In my homebrew campaigns I like using oozes for cosmic horror effects. The way I make Gelatinous cubes work is kinda like the Nexus in ST Generations. As they dissolve you your body is overwhelmed by pleasure and euphoria and your mind thinks you're wherever you most want to be doing whatever you most want to do with whomever you most want to be with. There's a wisdom saving saving throw when you get pulled out, if you fail you want to try to go back in. In higher magic settings the society has Ooze spas and Ooze dens where people can pay to be exfoliated and get high. There's big money for Oozes to be made in my campaigns. It's not the safest work, but it pays platinum. The only thing it cant over come is player character afraid to explore off the tracks. But thats 5e these days. I need to check out pathfinder for daring players maybe.
That is pretty cool. It reminds me of the one-panel shot of Legion of Superheroes (Giffen) #4 where Mordru took over when Mon-El briefly killed the Time Trapper. Mordru was a sick bastard, and one of his "interrogations" involved dissolving subjects quickly in a DNA bath to harvest their memories (gotta love magic tech) and it was supposed to be highly pleasurable as you are quickly dissolved. I was tying it into Sumiko's machine she gets from Hel-Ix that allows her to generate bio fuel for her reconstituted tech-lich body. But your idea is really neat, a whole cottage industry has built up for that kind of slime service.