• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

True Detective

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I sort of agree about VV, but I actually like him despite it. He's floundering a bit in the more serious scenes, it's true, but I really liked the scene where he swoops in after he has the guys rear end the gambler and mace and beat him. Seemed like he was really in his element in that scene.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It didn't help that the radio was playing "I Pity the Fool."

I sort of agree about VV, but I actually like him despite it. He's floundering a bit in the more serious scenes, it's true, but I really liked the scene where he swoops in after he has the guys rear end the gambler and mace and beat him. Seemed like he was really in his element in that scene.

That was more his kind of scene, honestly.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok. Is this season worth watching? I've heard such intensely mixed things about it, and I don't want to taint my warm, loving memories of Mattie M waxing philosophic...sexily.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm liking it so far, but it's not like season 1 really at all. But there is the promise of much future weirdness.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
F++k season 1. In with the new out with the old. Looking back it was overrated anyways. I like where the new season is going.

- - - Updated - - -

And I hope our special guy is still marching cause I would bone him.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
A lot of people don't like Vince Vaughn in this one but he is turning out to be the best character. I have a feeling he will witness something horrific soon.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
haha, yeah, the psychiatrist.... I was like, "WTF is THAT?" Because he looked very familiar. Found out later. Ha!

And... interesting ending.

I still feel like Vaughn was miscast. he's pedaling as fast as he can, but he's struggling in the part (he did okay with the opening monologue at least). I think he'd do better playing someone who is more animated versus an internalized slow fuse. The others seem to be sunk pretty deep into their characters and are believable to me.

Great dialogue between Bezzerides and Velcoro in the car... one of the best moments of the episode.

Isn't Woodrugh's relationship with his mom rather... odd? Hmmmm. And I think we might have found out something interesting about him as well.

I'm enjoying the series so far, but I think people have to start taking it on its own terms. it's a bit more straight-forward (aside from a spaghetti plate full of plot strands) than the first season, but that makes sense based on the subject matter. I would like to see more diversity throughout the series, if it continues with more seasons, so that's fine with me.

One of my favorite lines:

I think Vaughn nails it. My sister said the. Same thing but Vaughn is really the only one who could play that part. He has the voice and the height and it's realistic. People who tend to rise up in a syndicate speak and act like him. The scene in two where he crosses the street was awesome.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's tall, and it helps. I agree with that.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Ok. Is this season worth watching? I've heard such intensely mixed things about it, and I don't want to taint my warm, loving memories of Mattie M waxing philosophic...sexily.

I had similar problem, I admire Rusty and so the 1 season. Fortunately the second season is the new, completely different story and that’s enough to not influence what you think about the first.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Right- Time is still a flat circle, y'all.

Kas

Fabula rasa
-Man of any size lays hands on me, he's gonna bleed out in under a minute.
-Well, just so you know, I support feminism. Mostly by having body image issues.
:heart:

I like the progress of action. The music, atmosphere. The way we see investigation from the very beginning with the politics included. 2 episode made me enthusiastic about the rest of the season.

The end? I haven’t seen it coming.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
He's tall, and it helps. I agree with that.

He also fits that "I'm a self-made business man millionaire but somewhat cowardly in that I employ the efforts of my nefarious past in the underground to level the playing field against billionairs." He plays the role of little rich guy vs. big rich guy perfectly with his garrulous fast talking yet somewhat off voice.

He is the successful guy at the party who can't have fun until the big douche who is even more successful kneels.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm happy they didn't follow the same two cop protocol in season one. It would have felt cheesy and lame. This is more of an organic flow.

The series deepens.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Right- Time is still a flat circle, y'all.

i used to say stuff like that in colleg eand people would say, "dude what are you on."

same chumps were calling me telling me I was a genius during the show and I reminded them of him.

I said, "Naw, fool..g.you just a chump/ass/bigot and you need a good book or something...I'm just educated fool, with no money, and existential angst (buttholes - your mom is a butthole too)"

I actually didn't call their moms buttholes but I should have.

so i don't like how the show marginalized that type of essence and made it seem like you ahd to be a reckless, drug taking, cop to be clever.

Kas

Fabula rasa
so i don't like how the show marginalized that type of essence and made it seem like you ahd to be a reckless, drug taking, cop to be clever.

I had a different approach. There is no reason why reckless, broken, drug addict can't be a very clever guy. I don't think that as the character he was very different before bad things happened to him, probably less of a pessimist, but that's all. And it added drama to the show, cause if he was simple-minded fool I would never cared so much about what was happening.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so what is in that bowl of white liquid?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I fail to see how the show is endorsing that you need to be a reckless, drug-taking cop in order to be clever.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I fail to see how the show is endorsing that you need to be a reckless, drug-taking cop in order to be clever.

Or beat up your "kid's" bully and their parents.

Or drive at night with no helmet and lights on.

- - - Updated - - -

so what is in that bowl of white liquid?

I think it might be a picture/photo of a woman floating in the bowl.