• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Death Note

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Has anyone seen Death Note and want to rave about it? Some of you guys remind me of Shinigami, but I'm not pointing any fingers. EDIT: It's not a bad thing, Death Note's Shinigami are chill.

It's better than the theme song.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
yeah man. probably still my favorite anime. good times.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
and the theme song during the second half of the series is fucking awesome. i dont think i can even remotely say that about any other anime. 99% of that shit is cheeze as fuck.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah man. probably still my favorite anime. good times.

Definitely mine. Thanks for humoring me with a response. :laugh:

It doesn't quite feel like Death Note after the theme song changes, but I do like the metal-as-fuck one better.

Now, I'll probably indulge in a few more shows and books before I die, but I think it's safe to say L is my favorite fictional character.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU

It doesn't quite feel like Death Note after the theme song changes, but I do like the metal-as-fuck one better.

Now, I'll probably indulge in a few more shows and books before I die, but I think it's safe to say L is my favorite fictional character.

Yeah the second half of the series does take a turn into pitch black territory in an "everything and everyone's gotta go" type of way. Which is great, but yeah it kinda does feel like a different show once

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Same here! :hifive: He's awesome!!
:hifive: If I were Light I would've bailed on the whole Kira thing and hung out with L, but to each his own.

Yeah the second half of the series does take a turn into pitch black territory in an "everything and everyone's gotta go" type of way. Which is great, but yeah it kinda does feel like a different show once

Yeahhh, the show's overarching sense of justice finally becomes clear...

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I stumbled across it and decided I'd give it a try. It's the first and only anime series I've followed (unless you consider A:TLA to be an anime...I don't), and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. It was either this past summer or the one before, but I essentially sat down and watched the entire series in only a few days. Good times. :p

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I stumbled across it and decided I'd give it a try. It's the first and only anime series I've followed (unless you consider A:TLA to be an anime...I don't), and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. It was either this past summer or the one before, but I essentially sat down and watched the entire series in only a few days. Good times. :p

Ha, I do that too. When I first got into Dexter it was summer, so I watched the whole first season in one block. I paced myself a little more with Death Note, but you could easily watch it all in one sitting if you were so inclined. I bet that made for a sad few days after you finished...

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I read the manga a long time ago and was absolutely thrilled...

R

Riva

Death note was the first anime i've watched. Loved it so much that i became a huge anime fan. When i furst watched it i was so impressed that the creators put si much realistic emotions, complicated plots and real human issues into a mere cartoon. I didn't know about the concept of animes back then and assumed that anime was the name given to japanese cartoons. I can still remember telling binary numbers hiw impressed i was with that 'cartoon'. Now that i've seen other animes i feel like an idiot for saying that.

L sucked. If not for his eccentric nature he was not impressive at all. Yes he wasn't impressive! He needed an army to solve the puzzle and any expereienced detective could have figured it out eventually with the resources and man power L had.

Edit - he did display great academic skills by getting selected to the same college as kira did and topping the exam.

L did assume correctly that kira can kill without being anywhere close to the victims (culprits who are the victims) but had to sacrifies a man (who was sentenced to his death) to confirm it.

He also risked the life of an innocent pop star by faking his name so that kira would be fooled into believing that L's real name is that of the pop star and would have accidentally killed the pop star if he tried to kill L.

Callous irresponsible asshole.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Death note was the first anime i've watched. Loved it so much that i became a huge anime fan. When i furst watched it i was so impressed that the creators put si much realistic emotions, complicated plots and real human issues into a mere cartoon. I didn't know about the concept of animes back then and assumed that anime was the name given to japanese cartoons. I can still remember telling binary numbers hiw impressed i was with that 'cartoon'. Now that i've seen other animes i feel like an idiot for saying that.

L sucked. If not for his eccentric nature he was not impressive at all. Yes he wasn't impressive! He needed an army to solve the puzzle and any expereienced detective could have figured it out eventually with the resources and man power L had.

Edit - he did display great academic skills by getting selected to the same college as kira did and topping the exam.

L did assume correctly that kira can kill without being anywhere close to the victims (culprits who are the victims) but had to sacrifies a man (who was sentenced to his death) to confirm it.

He also risked the life of an innocent pop star by faking his name so that kira would be fooled into believing that L's real name is that of the pop star and would have accidentally killed the pop star if he tried to kill L.

Callous irresponsible asshole.

That's awesome Death Note got you into anime, but whaaaaat? You dislike L?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My avatar used to be Misa a while back. :smooch:

Despised Light, loved L. Agree with the sentiment of becoming best friends with him for sure. :nice:

My actual favorite from the show ended up being Aizawa even though he wasn't that major of a character. I just liked his whole story.

Mikami was by far the most infuriating character though. At least Light was smart. :dry:

yeghor

There are these two old threads about Death Note typings...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49999

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30074

Both seem to put Light as INTJ... and L as INTP...

It is clear that L is INTP... as for Light I believe he's an ENTJ... They feel an affinity towards each other cause they are mirror images of each other...

The problem is that I only had one character that I could identify with and she was killed by Light in earlier episodes...

Nate River

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recently finished the anime and I feel like I need something to fill the hole in my heart where this masterpiece once was. Brilliant anime and altogether mystery.:D

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I recently finished the anime and I feel like I need something to fill the hole in my heart where this masterpiece once was. Brilliant anime and altogether mystery.:D

I know the hollow feeling... I have yet to find an anime as captivating as Death Note.