• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Death Note

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've seen Code Geass paired with Death Note before. Your endorsement helps; I'll give it a chance.

The thing about Death Note is that I absolutely despised Light (especially once he killed off the character [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] mentioned) - my Death Note tag on my Tumblr is even called "light sucks." :D So my friend who's seen both told me "if you want Death Note but with a more likable protagonist, watch Code Geass."

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing about Death Note is that I absolutely despised Light (especially once he killed off the character [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] mentioned) - my Death Note tag on my Tumblr is even called "light sucks." :D So my friend who's seen both told me "if you want Death Note but with a more likable protagonist, watch Code Geass."

Same thoughts exactly. When Light killed that character I didn't know how to continue to like him/not despise him.

Code Geass is awesome and the music takes your breath away every time - well if you are into animes that is-.

I do complain about writers deciding to take the character into full scale war though. That seemed obviously unnecessary.

Nate River

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Same thoughts exactly. When Light killed that character I didn't know how to continue to like him

The thing is, I never liked Light in the first place. His sense of justice never really made sense to me. Though he did kill off that character, I do like Near as much or even better because of his INTJ personality. (probably because I'm one myself)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The thing is, I never liked Light in the first place. His sense of justice never really made sense to me.

I didn't really either. Him killing that character just sealed the deal for me. Also I was never convinced he was doing what he did out of "justice" - he seemed more focused on becoming "god of the new world" to me.

Though he did kill off that character, I do like Near as much or even better because of his INTJ personality. (probably because I'm one myself)

I appreciate Misa bringing some ExFP-ness to the show too. :D She was the most relatable for me, as embarrassing as that may be.

Nate River

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked Code Geass even better.

Could you tell me where to watch it? I haven't found anywhere but YouTube, and it is very low quality. Online would be nice, and for free would be even better. thanks

Nicodemus

Light had a mission. He had to eliminate threats. I sided with him through the entire series, even after it had broken down with L's demise.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Light had a mission. He had to eliminate threats. I sided with him through the entire series, even after it had broken down with L's demise.

I didn't really agree with his mission either though. :shrug:

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read the manga a long time ago and was absolutely thrilled...

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think chay nailed it when he said that he was more concerned about being the god of the new world than seeking justice.

I think he was initially seeking justice but then somewhere down the line it all changed. Can't remember when it happened.

Also i think the person he handed the death note to - i think he was a journalist - was genuinely seeking justice.

Or was he serving a new lord?

Can't remember.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I do not like the 2nd theme it sounds too nu metalishsong but the 1st one is way better