• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rank your favorite artist's discography.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The White Stripes:
1. Get Behind Me Satan
2. White Blood Cells
3. Elephant
4. De Stijl
5. Icky Thump
6. The White Stripes

Kate Bush:
1. Hounds of Love
2. The Dreaming
3. The Sensual World
4. The Kick Inside
5. Never for Ever
6. Aerial
7. 50 Words for Snow
8. Lionheart
9. The Red Shoes

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Bob Dylan *List*

I would put Slow Train Coming into classic albums..

And, you put Pat Garrett into "perversely amusic crap"?

What is wrong with you? :unsure:

I'm glad to see Time Out Of Mind in the correct place, at least.

;)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION]

It goes

1. Led Zeppelin III
2. Led Zeppelin IV
3. Led Zeppelin I
4. Led Zeppelin II

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I would put Slow Train Coming into classic albums..

And, you put Pat Garrett into "perversely amusic crap"?

What is wrong with you? :unsure:

I'm glad to see Time Out Of Mind in the correct place, at least.

;)

Yeah I know I'm supposed to think Slow Train is a classic, I just don't like it that much. For example, the production is slick and tight, but I still don't like the production. I also don't like Gotta Serve Somebody because it's one of his "list songs" where he just lists shit off, and then returns back to the chorus. It is a good tune, but it wears on after a few minutes. Slow Train (the song) is musically great, but the lyrics make me queasy. They're sort of hateful. Also, 4 of the last 5 songs are mediocre at best, IMO. If I was writing a general list of his best work, and excluded my own opinion, it would be listed as a classic. I definitely prefer the live gospel bootleg of him in Toronto in 1980.

As for Pat Garrett, I made the headings AFTER I made the rankings, so they don't always fit. I really should have called them "novelty" albums, in that most of the songs aren't that good, but it's an interesting and listenable experience. It would have sounded less harsh. Because even the "utter crap" albums are albums I listen to more than I do most great albums by other artists. Don't read into my categories too deeply, I have baby Te. :newwink:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION]

It goes

1. Led Zeppelin III
2. Led Zeppelin IV
3. Led Zeppelin I
4. Led Zeppelin II

O, rly?

Don't disagree with III at the 1 spot at all. I go back and forth between I and III being there. IV has too many big hits on it. It's a good album, but gimme the raw bluesieness of I and II over the 'masterpieces' of IV any day of the week.