• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bay Turtles

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Paramount has released a few images of the Michael Bay-produced, Jonathan Liebesman-directed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, including one of either Donatello or Leonardo (I can't tell if the bandana is purple or blue) and of The Shredder costume -- The Shredder will be played by William Fichtner.

And I must say, I really like the designs, especially The Shredder.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IGN posted an article about the trailer, which I'm assuming will be in front of Noah.

I must say if the movie's designs of the turtles are anything like the drawing linked in the article, I'm very intrigued. I love how they all look visibly different beyond the headbands. Also notice how their facial expressions resemble their respective four temperamental humors, with Michaelangelo being sanguine, Raphael melancholy, Leonardo choleric, and Donatello phlegmatic.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fucking bad-ass, and Bill Fichtner will be stealing the show:

Mikey, however, is gonna give me nightmares in the shot when he takes off the mask. He should put it back on. Leonardo's design is really awesome, though. And the CGI looks technically solid.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I am a bit of a TMNT fanboy, and I probably shouldnt condemn the movie based on one little fact.

Stuff like april not being a red head and stuff like that, meh, thats fine with me. I'm not that nit picky but... the fact that shredder in this movie isn't japanese is something I just can't process. The splinter/shredder japanese background is just too good, I cant believe they moved away from that with this movie.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh, nearly every mythology or backstory gets shaken up like that -- Superman, Batman, Spider-Man...the list goes on. I'm not bothered by it at all. Besides, she's still wearing the yellow raincoat.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yeah, and Tony Shalhoub is doing the voice for Splinter and Mickey from Seinfeld is doing the mocap.

Is Splinter gonna be a midget in this one?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We have both fart and boob jokes in the latest TV spots (i'll post the links as soon as I have access to my always less awkward desktop compüter), with many childhoods raped/ruined. I guess the childhoods of nostalgic neckbeards never involved laughing at fart and boob jokes.

I think the only potential problem to such a preposterously awesome concept is the sheer realism of the visual effects. Sometimes, it becomes creepy like in The Polar Express.

What do you think, [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]?

EDIT:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We have both fart and boob jokes in the latest TV spots (i'll post the links as soon as I have access to my always less awkward desktop compüter), with many childhoods raped/ruined. I guess the childhoods of nostalgic neckbeards never involved laughing at fart and boob jokes.

I think the only potential problem to such a preposterously awesome concept is the sheer realism of the visual effects. Sometimes, it becomes creepy like in The Polar Express.

What do you think, [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]?

EDIT:

Looks like garbage.
I hate it.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In the original comic, the turtles were explicitly trained to kill Shredder. Then, Leonardo gutted Shredder with a sword and offered him the chance to kill himself with honor. He kinda didn't, and he ended up getting his ass blown up with a bomb. And resurrected later, sort of, by worms. Kinda different in tone from the 80s cartoon.

So I'm sure that fans of the original Eastman and Laird comics could've been as pissed off about the 80s cartoon as those who were fans of the 80s cartoon are about this movie.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
latest review quip:

The way people have been talking about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, you'd think Michael Bay directed it. After seeing it, you may wish he had. I did.

I dunnno, dude. It ain't looking good.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The fans who got an early screening didn't seem to hate it. I think that whether or not it's a bad movie, there were still a lot of anti-Bay politics at work amongst critics and bloggers that try to be critics, just like Trans4mers, which I think should have been in the 40-50% range, and Pain and Gain, which was a pretty damn good movie (should have been in the 80% range).

I wish they would cover TMNT in Cinefex. The performance capture is supposedly more sophisticated than what we saw in DOTPOTA. I would've loved to see the front cover be of the elevator beatboxing sequence. Right, [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We'll see what happens. GotG had reviews out a week ahead of time -- some of that no doubt self-promoted, but they had the strength of support. With TMNT, the more reviews that trickle out, the worse the ratings get.

Is it better than "The Purge"?
That's what I want to know.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Looking forward for it.

I read a while back that the director was initially planning the Turtles to be aliens rather than mutations caused the alien technology on normal Turtles. Apparently the hardcore fans were furious. I on the other hand liked the idea of four lonely people having hopes of returning to a home planet full of their own.

I have read the first 4 (or three) original comics and absolutely loved it. I was shocked by the seriousness of the comics, the realistic action and the violence.

The 1990s (or was it the 1980s) cartoon though was famous/popular and brought a vast audience to the series it was an insult to the originals when compared.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno, [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION], but it is better than Into the Storm (a whopping 6%, so far). I almost might have to see this one first.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno, [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION], but it is better than Into the Storm (a whopping 6%, so far). I almost might have to see this one first.

A friend here yesterday said, "I want to see that Storm movie," and I had just run across it a few days ago but hadn't even heard of it until this week (BAD SIGN)... it stuck in my head due to the tornadoes and also due to it starring Thorin Oakenshield and Lori Grimes. (And maybe if it had had a dragon in it and a bunch of zombies, it might have done better!)

When I saw the score earlier, it was 0% so I guess it's been improving.