• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Post your favorite Soundtracks!

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Hey ho, are some of you into soundtracks as well? If so, then I would like to listen to some of your favorites, since I have been looking for new music recently.
Today's pop music (with a few exceptions) is getting more boring and it's hard to find really good music within the glut of entertainment today.

Please if you have have more than 2 or 3 put it under:

Some of my favs I can't stop listening to:

Instrumental:

Time (Inception) by Hans Zimmer (the guy I use as my avatar)

Forbidden Friendship (How To Train Your Dragon) by John Powell

Test Drive (How To Train Your Dragon) by John Powell

Drink Up Me Hearties Yo Ho (Pirates: At World's End) by Hans Zimmer

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Why Do We Fall (The Dark Knight Rises) by Hans Zimmer

Alice's Theme (Alice in Wonderland) by Danny Elfman

Songs

Freedom (Django Unchained) by Anthony Hamilton and Elayna Boynton

Happy (Despicable Me 2) by Pharrel Willaims

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
The 2 that come to mind right away are Last of the Mohicans and Star Wars.

Well, come to think of it the LOTM song reminded me of another good one, the Boondocks Saints theme:

I've forever loved the Romeo and Juliet theme:

Tengri

I really liked Gareth Coker's soundtrack for Ori and the Blind Forest, especially these tracks:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION], I thought about including something from Star Trek I, but decided against it for vague reasons. Good pick. No wonder it back the TNG music.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION], I thought about including something from Star Trek I, but decided against it for vague reasons. Good pick. No wonder it back the TNG music.

Close rival to Empire Strikes Back for my favorite sci fi score

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yea, basically most of Spirit's soundtrack.

Tengri

Jumanji, especially 'A New World'

Torchlight II 'Desolation'

Yann Tiersen's 'Rue Des Cascades'

The Dreamers soundtrack. It has a lot of good songs and the track 'Non, je ne regrette rien' by Edith Piaf at the end is epic.

Schindler's List theme. I bet the composer was told to make the most depressing song of all time, and he complied. When I feel like torturing myself emotionally, I will listen to the sad violin weeping.

Good Will Hunting. Great film and to top it off, it's filled with Elliott Smith songs on the soundtrack. Winning.

Velvet Goldmine. This movie is a guilty pleasure of mine, but it is filled with some good glam rock songs.

Rock 'n' Rule. The best non-existent soundtrack. It includes Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Debbie Harry from Blondie, Robin Zander from Cheap Trick, and Earth, Wind, and Fire.

Jesus Christ Superstar. 'nuff said.

And The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Let's be honest, everyone loves Rocky Horror. :wink:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I'd post the whole thing of this, but playlists don't seem to work in BBcode:

PalebloodHunter

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Chrono series have some brilliant music

This here is the best "FUCK YEAH" track in fantasy imo. This should be called "Fantastic Fuck Yeah!"

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Skyrim soundtrack is good too--a lot of good relaxation music on there.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Broody ethereal score:

One of the best parts of the movie, it undergirds the plot and characterizations beautifully and lifts them to a higher place:

The movie was kinda "eh" but the soundtrack really has some beautiful passages and harkens back to some classical themes (he even grabs a motif from Tristan and Isolde at one point) in this third movie soundtrack. In general, Davis branded The Matrix with a unique atonal "theme" that is distinctive; he's partly responsible for what success the franchise had.