• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Post your favorite Soundtracks!

Tengri

The Garden State soundtrack is a fun one. The Shins, Zero 7, and Thievery Corporation on one album is unheard of

Land Before Time (1988) is a favorite from my childhood

Another Horner ost. Excellent stuff

I forgot the soundtrack to one of my favorite short films of all time, Lucifer Rising. It was made to be seen with the film visuals of course, but I am always mesmerized by how perfectly it fits the film, even moreso than Jimmy Page's original score that never made the cut. The score was composed by a former Manson Family member while serving a life sentence in prison for murder. Pretty incredible how it came out without it being done in a professional setting, imo. One of the most magical, ethereal pieces of music I've ever heard.

Tengri

I didn't really enjoy this rendition of Solaris very much, but this theme has always stuck with me. Somewhat hallucinogenic and pressing, like something you can't recall at the back of your mind

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+1 Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Haven't heard that in a while.

Some more:

More, because it's not 80s enough in here or something:

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This one grabbed me by the feels when I was like 15

There's so many. I'd be staying here all day. I love movie soundtracks.

I loved this 80's soundtrack. Not the original but awful one by Jerry Goldsmith which was replaced by this for theatrical release in the US but then replaced by the Goldsmith one in Ridley Scott's director's cut. Tangerine Dream put this together in a couple of weeks. And the only things that make this movie watchable are the soundtrack, the lovely Mia Sara, and Tim Curry's epic performance as Darkness. Only Tim Curry could take that amateurish dialogue and make it work. Tom Cruise? Anyone could've played Jack he was the least interesting character in the movie.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
I love love love the soundtrack and the direction of the movie Mr. Nobody (and how both go great together). I always have mixed opinions on the movies, but I like it anyway, and it's worth checking it out for its images and how every scene is presented.

The problem is I couldn't find a video with the all the songs :(

Another one I like (mostly for creative time because it doesn't have lyrics), is the soundtrack of Oblivion. The movie sucks big time, though.

I know there's another soundtrack I love, but I can't remember right now and I feel frustrated now.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Actually I'm not into classical/instrumental music. But this is an absolute masterpiece.

Some more from different movies because all of them are equally amazing:

Last edited:

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Before this thread I never recognized how much I listen to movie/series scores and soundtracks.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Ummm this .. most people don't know it but the last unicorn I mean come on , we got Mia farrow , Jeff bridges and America sings the soundtrack

The 2 that come to mind right away are Last of the Mohicans and Star Wars.
Well, come to think of it the LOTM song reminded me of another good one, the Boondocks Saints theme:
I've forever loved the Romeo and Juliet theme:
The Romeo and Juliet theme , ditto, I fell in love with it instantly

Tengri

'Forces' from Berserk. I've been spoiled by this superior version, though.

Everything of his, honestly