• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What albums have you been enjoying lately?

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Currently thrashing the head and heart self-titled album, iTunes genius this time you chose well, this time.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Basically all of St. Vincent's discography, and The Nightfly by Donald Fagen.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
D'Angelo - Voodoo

Low-key funk/soul with tight grooves. Only artist in the neo-soul genre I've found myself liking.

Kanye West - Late Registration

A hiphop classic, apparently. I previously thought My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was Kanye's contribution to the hiphop canon. Colour me surprised when I found out his first two records were considered classics and one of them actually is better than MBDTF. Not that I think MBDTF is an amazing album - even though it's good - but Late Registration really surprised me with how great it was.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dr Buzzard's Original Savannah Band(1976)

'40s retro meets the '70s.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Supertramp_-_Crime_of_the_Century.jpg

SurfsUpCover.jpg

Janelle_Mon%C3%A1e_-_The_Electric_Lady.png

Bennettcarnegie.jpg

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

If Justin Bieber had that attitude, the press would rip him apart.

Haha, this would be a PR black eye nowadays.

To be fair, no one over 13 thinks Justin Bieber knows the answer to existence. If I was a famous musician hopped up on speed, and every interviewer kept insisting I was the prophet of the new generation, I'd probably rant incoherently at them too.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Maxing out the saturation with Black Moth Super Rainbow's Eating Us.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
The Lumineers, their self-titled debut album. For just about the past year, it has pretty much been the standard CD playing in my car. Sometimes I sing to it the entire drive to or from work. And I bought it on a whim at Target, not knowing it would become the album to this past year of my life. And the funny thing is, when I gave it its first run-through, I wrinkled my nose in disdain and disappointment. "This is boring! This sounds nothing like that one song they have playing on the radio!"

It might as well be stuck in my CD player for how often I take it out.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Man Joy Division dude they have some good music

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have this fixation on the early-to-mid '90s. I was just a little kid when most of this music was released, but now it appeals to me more than most current stuff. I hear people talk about that decade like it was some big cultural wasteland and I'm like :huh:

Nirvana - Incesticide
Bjork - Debut Live; Homogenic
Tori Amos - Under the Pink