User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 111

  1. #21
    Jew-lore loving Taoist asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    10,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Pushin' Against a Stone - Valarie June
    Last Train to Skaville - Jackie Mittoo
    These Boots Are Made for Walkin' - Lee Hazlewood
    Lee Hazlewood is underrated and overlooked.
    "our preferences do not determine what's true." -Sagan

    "I know you just want to know more, the problem is that people think their box of answers is perfect for everyone else." -Forever

    LA’ASOT CHAIM

    Global 5: RCUEI - reserved
    Pottermore sorting: Gryffindor

  2. #22
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Bob Dylan > Desire
    Good album.

  3. #23
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Lee Hazlewood is underrated and overlooked.
    He's amazing, but nowadays all tha kids interpret his stuff as kitch even if they do get a chance to hear it.

  4. #24
    Jew-lore loving Taoist asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    10,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Good album.
    It's possibly my favorite Dylan album. Most people will list Blonde on Blonde as his best...nope, not me. Desire and Nashville Skyline are the ones I always return to when I'm in a Dylan mood

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    He's amazing, but nowadays all tha kids interpret his stuff as kitch even if they do get a chance to hear it.
    In fairness, he does border on kitsch, but that's perfectly fine. No musicians should ever take themselves too seriously.

    If the kids today could get past the kitsch element of his music, they'd realize he's one of the most talented songwriters to come out of the 60's. Better yet, forget getting past the kitsch. Embrace that shit head-on
    "our preferences do not determine what's true." -Sagan

    "I know you just want to know more, the problem is that people think their box of answers is perfect for everyone else." -Forever

    LA’ASOT CHAIM

    Global 5: RCUEI - reserved
    Pottermore sorting: Gryffindor

  5. #25
    Jew-lore loving Taoist asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    10,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Good album.
    It's possibly my favorite Dylan album. Most people will list Blonde on Blonde as his best...nope, not me. Desire and Nashville Skyline are the ones I always return to when I'm in a Dylan mood

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    He's amazing, but nowadays all tha kids interpret his stuff as kitch even if they do get a chance to hear it.
    In fairness, he does border on kitsch, but that's perfectly fine. No musicians should ever take themselves too seriously.

    If the kids today could get past the kitsch element of his music, they'd realize he's one of the most talented songwriters to come out of the 60's. Better yet, forget getting past the kitsch. Embrace that shit head-on
    "our preferences do not determine what's true." -Sagan

    "I know you just want to know more, the problem is that people think their box of answers is perfect for everyone else." -Forever

    LA’ASOT CHAIM

    Global 5: RCUEI - reserved
    Pottermore sorting: Gryffindor

  6. #26
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    It's possibly my favorite Dylan album. Most people will list Blonde on Blonde as his best...nope, not me. Desire and Nashville Skyline are the ones I always return to when I'm in a Dylan mood
    But who was Highway 61 Revisited or my personal favorite: Bringing It All Back Home?

  7. #27
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post

    If the kids today could get past the kitsch element of his music, they'd realize he's one of the most talented songwriters to come out of the 60's. Better yet, forget getting past the kitsch. Embrace that shit head-on
    Well, he actually skirts the line in ways. There's a real sincerity in his music, and that paired with self-reflectiveness and humor does make for some kitch factor. But songs like this one looses so much if you take it as kitch, or enjoy it in any ironic sense...


  8. #28
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post

    If the kids today could get past the kitsch element of his music, they'd realize he's one of the most talented songwriters to come out of the 60's. Better yet, forget getting past the kitsch. Embrace that shit head-on
    Well, he actually skirts the line in ways. There's a real sincerity in his music, and that paired with self-reflectiveness and humor does make for some kitch factor. But songs like this one looses so much if you take it as kitch, or enjoy it in any ironic sense...


  9. #29
    MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247 five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,647

    Default

    Quiet Storm - Smokey Robinson
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  10. #30
    Jew-lore loving Taoist asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    10,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    But who was Highway 61 Revisited or my personal favorite: Bringing It All Back Home?
    also better than Blonde on Blonde (both)
    "our preferences do not determine what's true." -Sagan

    "I know you just want to know more, the problem is that people think their box of answers is perfect for everyone else." -Forever

    LA’ASOT CHAIM

    Global 5: RCUEI - reserved
    Pottermore sorting: Gryffindor

Similar Threads

  1. What Other Types Have You Been (or thought you were)
    By Savage Idealist in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 10:16 AM
  2. [ENFJ] ENFJs- What Types Have You Been Involved With?
    By TopherRed in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 06:23 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTPs - What Types Have You Been Involved With?
    By SUPER in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 09:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO