• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the Best Book you've ever read?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well folks, I've changed my mind; the best book I've ever read was Project Mind: The Conscious Conquest of Man and Matter Through Accelerated Thought by T. Kun (David S. Devor).

What is life? What is death? What is the secret of the cosmos? Had the great minds of the past found all the answers, would there still be such suffering? The author claims to have found the key to the cosmic riddle and declares open war on death and taxes.

Last edited:
W

WALMART

Good book. Have you read Brian Greene?

One stop shop for advancing knowledge into the 21st century.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good book. Have you read Brian Greene?

One stop shop for advancing knowledge into the 21st century.

I briefly browsed his "The Elegant Universe" at the library, but I don't like his style as much, and his content (much like many other physicists) seemed more technical than radical. The reason Kaku's my favorite is because he does a lot of crazy speculation with very expansive perspectives.

W

WALMART

I briefly browsed his "The Elegant Universe" at the library, but I don't like his style as much, and his content (much like many other physicists) seemed more technical than radical. The reason Kaku's my favorite is because he does a lot of crazy speculation with very expansive perspectives.

Ah, sensationalism.

;)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Please don't ask this question on facebook. All you'll get back is "The Bible."

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Eh, I have too many favorites. I'll pick a novel though.

The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket by Edgar Allan Poe

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think LOTR will always be number one for me, not in small part because it was a good friend at a rough time during my formative years.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Atlas Shrugged.

Boo hiss. Not awful but the best??

Try Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. Three books. Best of anything I've ever read.

Also, there is a book called True Names by Verner Vinge that I liked a lot.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Boo hiss. Not awful but the best??

Try Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. Three books. Best of anything I've ever read.

Also, there is a book called True Names by Verner Vinge that I liked a lot.

Check out "the readers' list" at http://www.modernlibrary.com/top-100/100-best-novels/

If you study how Atlas Shrugged was put together, you will discover that it is one of the most complex, if not the most complex, and well-constructed novel in history.

As for my favorites novels - they actually consist of much lighter story-telling than Atlas.