• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I, Frankenstein (trailer)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a bit of a closet Strahovski fan. I really like the fact that she can play a really likable super spy in one series, a character you really can't dislike, strong yet vulnerable. And then play an unlikeable conniving poisonous serial killer in another series and still have me both believe and dislike the character she portrayed despite me knowing her previous work. Most of the times if I see an actor in two completely different roles, they fail to sell it to me. I usually have too much of a preconceived idea about their role.

(for example, Cobie Smulders in how I met your mother, worked fine for me. But seeing her in the avengers just didn't sell at all to me. Maybe she was not cut out for the role, or perhaps she's just not a very good actor. But Yvonne always seems to shine to me.)

So I've seen this trailer pretty much the day it came out.

I hope the movie won't dissappoint.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'll probably see it just because it's pretty fun to have gargoyles flying at your head.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A January release. Not having much hope for it already.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A January release. Not having much hope for it already.

That always worries me as well. Although sometimes they do surprise but just dont want to deal with the competition. And I think competition is high this year for november/december releases. So from a marketing point of view, even a good movie probably wouldnt be smart to bring out now.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm tired of any old established character or story line being repurposed for explosions and martial arts fights.

I'm tired of action that mostly depends on disorienting editing and saturating the screen in CGI.

I'm tired of films from this day and age being full of CGI less convincing than the effects in Jurassic Park.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm tired of any old established character or story line being repurposed for explosions and martial arts fights.

I'm tired of action that mostly depends on disorienting editing and saturating the screen in CGI.

I'm tired of films from this day and age being full of CGI less convincing than the effects in Jurassic Park.

Also agree with that. I feel the same about many of the 'new age' movies I watch lately.

But Yvonne Strahovski, oh it is such a dilemma..

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

I must admit I was thinking exactly the same.

It looks too flashy for me. Then again I enjoyed Avengers Assemble so accusing something of excessive flashiness is hypocritical, probably I meant just the right amount.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have to watch it as a die-hard horror fan, especially of the classics, but wow. I know it's harder to shock people these days with the thought of creating a man out of body parts, but they didn't have to turn the story into something else altogether. No happy medium? Seems once again, only Hammer knows how to do it right.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I must admit I was thinking exactly the same.

It looks too flashy for me. Then again I enjoyed Avengers Assemble so accusing something of excessive flashiness is hypocritical, probably I meant just the right amount.

Hmm, I can enjoy excessive flashiness if its done right, but more often than not it's not.

Like the last fast and the furious movie. A landing strip that's 35 miles long and a girl falling while the boyfriend just sobs a bit without acually trying to go to her and even at the end, apparantly the girl's body is completely forgotten while some other girl hugs the sobbing boyfriend and I'm like. Dude...

And that's just one movie, but I've been dissappointed in one way or another about almost all movies I've seen lately in the action genre. I actually did like the last riddick movie though. Going back to pitch black a bit. (although I think pitch black was much better, I think the setting fits the character much much better and thought the chronicles of riddick to be a disgrace to the character itself even though I did not entirely dislike the movie, I felt it didn't justify the character.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hmm. Maybe I won't like it. I hated Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It felt like I was watching a trailer that wouldn't end. :(

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm. Maybe I won't like it. I hated Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It felt like I was watching a trailer that wouldn't end. :(

Hah, I dl'd that movie (so? sue me! :p ) and I didn't watch past the first scene. I was like "I'm not going to like this movie" and just deleted it again... Although I still haven't seen it and probably never will, so I can't say this with certainty. But I think I saved a dissappointment there. :D

No Yvonne Strahovski in that movie though.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hah, I dl'd that movie (so? sue me! :p ) and I didn't watch past the first scene. I was like "I'm not going to like this movie" and just deleted it again... Although I still haven't seen it and probably never will, so I can't say this with certainty. But I think I saved a dissappointment there. :D

No Yvonne Strahovski in that movie though.
That does make a difference.

I was disappointed about AL:VH. So disappointed that I haven't read or listened to the book. I have pretty low standards, so I thought it would be okay. :dont:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't see Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter since it came out in the theater. I seem to remember not really hating it and I never got a vibe that it was taking itself too seriously, but even so, it was still definitely an A-list movie when it probably would've worked better as a B-movie from Robert Rodriguez. Speaking of which, has anyone seen the mockbuster Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies? I heard it was actually better than ALVH.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
0% on Rotten Tomatoes!!! And no advance screening for the critics.

If it could keep that up, the movie will go down in history.

And on a side note, why the hell was Jack Ryan released in the month of January? January movies are supposed to be the previous year's bowel movements. Jack Ryan was unusually good-tasting shit.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

And on a side note, why the hell was Jack Ryan released in the month of January? January movies are supposed to be the previous year's bowel movements. Jack Ryan was unusually good-tasting shit.

What?

0% is a "no consensus yet" rating. Anyway, I Frankenstein has scored 6.1 on IMDB so far.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Not so fast -- "The Legend of Hercules" this month opened at 0%, I think, without advance screening.

Considering that the critics hate all the Underworld movies (I think they range from 15-35%, which I think is a bit unfair for a genre movie), I doubt this Franken-flick has a chance in hell of being little more than a malformed monster in their eyes.

I wouldn't have any idea how to make that distinction.

I didn't see Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter since it came out in the theater. I seem to remember not really hating it and I never got a vibe that it was taking itself too seriously, but even so, it was still definitely an A-list movie when it probably would've worked better as a B-movie from Robert Rodriguez. Speaking of which, has anyone seen the mockbuster Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies? I heard it was actually better than ALVH.

I haven't seen either, but I would like to, just for kicks.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ROFL. Okay, "I Frankenstein" is still at 0%, with 17 reviews in. Nice!

Some comments:

Mainly notable for the fact that its titular character, as played by Aaron Eckhart, is really, really ripped. If People magazine had existed in the 19th century, he surely would have been feted as the sexiest undead man alive.

It doesn't come close to working, but it's sweet that they tried.

I, Frankenstein? More like Oy, Frakenstein.

The kind of awful movie that gives awful movies a bad name.

Sounds like a must-see! Woo hoo!