• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Max Payne" movie...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The trailer for Max Payne is now available. It's based on the video game from 3D Realms, and is noted for its bullet-time gunfights, film noir setting, and cinematics in the form of comic book panels. The film stars Mark Wahlberg as the title character.

If the trailer is any indication, this video game film adaptation could be pretty good. Apparently, the screenplay is by the creator of the TV show The Shield.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
The games were OK, but cheesy in style in comparison with the big screen. It could be a big cheesy gorefest, or it could be great. The record of computer games turning into films is pretty awful!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I don't see how this can be good.

edit (after watching trailer):
Ehh, possibly but probably not.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm guessing the demon creatures will be in the dream sequences, also featured in the games.

liquid

MBTI Type
INTx
Funny thing is, the original Max Payne games are based off of the movie 'Payback' with Mel Gibson.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm a pretty big fan of the Max Payne games. I'm looking foward to the movie, but in the same sense I hope that they don't ruin a so far kickass title. The trailer looked alright, but it also looked like the movie is walking a tightrope between cheesyness/action.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm a fan of the games as well. Love the mood.. usually, I've scorned game- to movie adaptations. *Rolls the trailer* .. will probably miss the movie, unless I get some action-noir feeling all of a sudden. Seems like a more straightforward action movie tho.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
*cough* I am a lil late, I know. But I saw an Interview with Mark Wahlberg on german TV just a few Hours ago and they showed some Scenes from the Movie. Looks good.
Also I really like Mark Wahlbergs Attitude. Never thought he'd be like that. I was very impressed. And after seeing him and the Movie-Scenes, I think they picked a good Guy for the Role. :yes:
Looking forward.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*cough* I am a lil late, I know. But I saw an Interview with Mark Wahlberg on german TV just a few Hours ago and they showed some Scenes from the Movie. Looks good.
Also I really like Mark Wahlbergs Attitude. Never thought he'd be like that. I was very impressed. And after seeing him and the Movie-Scenes, I think they picked a good Guy for the Role. :yes:
Looking forward.

Don't waste your money.