• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why in general is it ok from straight men to wear makeup in certain types of music

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
but not other places? I mean that seems sexist. if a straight man wants to wear make up let him. no skin off my back.also the same caveat if a straight woman doesn't want to wear makeup I don't think she should be pressured to do so either.just an observation

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was a 17-year old 3 years ago, I had this urge at one point; I was feeling more erratic in general within.
Most of the time before and after that, I haven't felt any need for fake alterations of physical appearance, though it might be fun to play dress up at times.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but not other places? I mean that seems sexist. if a straight man wants to wear make up let him. no skin off my back.also the same caveat if a straight woman doesn't want to wear makeup I don't think she should be pressured to do so either.just an observation

Generally speaking, its the taint of femininity. There are swathes of the population who genuinely believe if a man wears makeup its a sign he is gay, or effeminate or some such. Obviously, this does not follow, but since out gay men/effeminate men won't care so much having the label applied to them they are more likely to pick up a makeup habit than their straight counterparts. This we call a self-fulfilling prophecy.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think it shows that a man I gay or effeminate. It just shows that he's concerned about the wrong things, just like it does when women wear excessive amounts of makeup. Of course, there's a difference between "none at all" for men and "a little" for women, but I think that's just because society essentially expects women to wear makeup. Doing something drastically different from everybody else is standing out, and naturally a person is going to be noticed when they do that.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think both men and women should be able to wear makeup or not if they want.

From there, it becomes a matter of aesthetic taste and personal preference. If someone doesn't like yours, then whatever. Mosey on.