• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pokemon X & Y

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So tempting, so very tempting.

I've been doing everything to take most games away from me until I graduate from college.

But this is so tempting. I wanted to get Pokemon Y.

Apparently more people are getting Pokemon Y? Somehow I assumed most people would be getting X. I think most are getting Y because of that Gen X/Gen Y distinction. That, or they just want whichever isn't sold out.

But...god! People are tempting me. I don't even have a 3DS... and now I want one of those limited editions 3DS containing Yveltal.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I'll have to get this shipped in. Thinking of getting X, just because I prefer the Charizard megaevolution. The Mewtwo megaevo is cooler in Y though. This dilemma is 1st world as fuck! :shrug:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm afraid I'm behind the times technologically to join this epic adventure......

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty hesitant about the 3D. It brings me back to the horrible days of the N64. *shudder*

It's interesting, there appeared to be a serious case of stagnation by Gen. V. With this one, they are clearly trying a lot of new things like horde encounters, sky battles, super evolutions, a new type, etc... These things are always a risk. Either the will be much needed innovations, or they will be stupid mechanics that only worsen the game. I'm not sure where I'd bet my money right now.

...and I'd lord I'm wary about crappy 3D.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty hesitant about the 3D. It brings me back to the horrible days of the N64. *shudder*

It's interesting, there appeared to be a serious case of stagnation by Gen. V. With this one, they are clearly trying a lot of new things like horde encounters, sky battles, super evolutions, a new type, etc... These things are always a risk. Either the will be much needed innovations, or they will be stupid mechanics that only worsen the game. I'm not sure where I'd bet my money right now.

I'm convinced Gen. V was just a giant conspiracy to stall for time developing Gen. VI (and also creating a means of transporation between past games and these ones - my Vileplume and Wigglytuff from my old Ruby version are eargerly awaiting the release of Poke Bank/Poke Transporter). They put way too little thought into BW/BW2 and so much more into XY. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far though. Especially Pokemon Amie. Nintendogs + Pokemon = :heart:

The 3D doesn't seem bad so far, even when you turn off the 3D settings so your eyes don't melt. I actually really like the change of graphics and animations. Outfit customization is the most exciting part for me.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah I always turn off the 3D on my 3DS. It was the only option that allowed me to play the new 3DS games, since the DS would be outdated, in terms of specs. Wish I had the 2DS option back then :(

By the way, did I tell you guys that I play(ed) pokemon competitively (I know, I know)? Mega-Gengar looks broken as fuck!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Wooo! Just got mine a few days ago. Don't forget to download the free Torchic!

Anyone want to share friend codes? Mine is 1332-8206-2070.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wooo! Just got mine a few days ago. Don't forget to download the free Torchic!

Anyone want to share friend codes? Mine is 1332-8206-2070.

Mine is 0946-2749-1903. Sadly I probably won't be able to see you online/add you until I can go home where my wifi actually works. Stupid college, SUPPORT MY GAMING HABITS!

By the way, did I tell you guys that I play(ed) pokemon competitively (I know, I know)? Mega-Gengar looks broken as fuck!

Hey, so did I up until I realized competitive was killing the magic of Pokemon for me. A lot of the mega evolutions look like they'll be banned to Uber.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

What else do you think would be banned? You're sacrificing your item slot for a megaevo -- that's pretty huge. Pokes I'm looking out for: Lucario, Gardevoir, Mawile, and possibly Pinsir. There are other sets that I'm thinking of testing, just for fun, like DD Mega-Charizard X (with spin support, of course), and SD, WOW Absol (burn the Skarm/Hippow on the switch, weaken it with general play, sweep later).

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched competitive Pokemon once. It was incredibly boring.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

What else do you think would be banned? You're sacrificing your item slot for a megaevo -- that's pretty huge. Pokes I'm looking out for: Lucario, Gardevoir, Mawile, and possibly Pinsir. There are other sets that I'm thinking of testing, just for fun, like DD Mega-Charizard X (with spin support, of course), and SD, WOW Absol (burn the Skarm/Hippow on the switch, weaken it with general play, sweep later).

As far as I know the only stats that are noticeably boosted in Mega Mawile are her defensive stats, so the lack of Leftovers and a recovery move other than Pain Split would be a huge let down for her. Although, I think she does get Huge Power and her base Attack stat at normal is 85 so if it stayed the same she could reach a max attack of 590, which is 130 points higher than Slaking's. I think Heracross might raise some red flags too.

I watched competitive Pokemon once. It was incredibly boring.

It is.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Fortunately they now make them with a slider, on the XL version, so you can turn the 3d off or is it lessen the effect? Or buy one of the new cheaper '2DS' ones which allow you to play DS and 3DS games without the 3d.

I was thinking about getting a 3DS myself, mainly for Luigi's Mansion 2. I hate the current generation of pokemon, the designs are all jagged, ugly and the themes absurd.

There is a pokemon that is little more than a dustbin! What the fuck? I miss the old 151.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- This was the easiest game in the entire series. I cut through the Elite Four and Champion like a knife through water.

- I have no idea how Azumarill is fairylike or what it has in common with Gardevoir. The Fairy type in general lacks a clear sense of identity.

- I've done upwards of a hundred Wonder Trades. They're extremely addicting, especially since you can easily browse the internet, listen to audiobooks, etc. while you're doing them.

- I wanted a team of Absol, Gardevoir, Lucario, Delphox, a ghost pokemon, and a poison pokemon, all of them males (although I like to think that pokemon gender doesn't equal biological gender, otherwise pokemon would all be straight or asexual; certainly it's not a stretch when you've got female Machamps and Mr. Mimes)--that's just the kind of team I'd have if I were a real pokemon trainer. But it wouldn't be very good for type match-ups, so I ended up doing something different. I almost wish hadn't, because the game ended up being way too easy.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Mine is 0946-2749-1903. Sadly I probably won't be able to see you online/add you until I can go home where my wifi actually works. Stupid college, SUPPORT MY GAMING HABITS!
Gah! I wish I had time for gaming habits! I just don't play nearly as much as I used to.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
- This was the easiest game in the entire series. I cut through the Elite Four and Champion like a knife through water.

Really? I thought every 5th Gen game was easy as shit. I actually struggled with the 2nd gym leader (and I'm still not at the 3rd because I'm incredibly slow moving and even then I like to take my time on my journeys). Also for Fairy-type I think they all just contain a sense of magical fiction to them? Jigglypuff is a balloon that can make you fall asleep, Azumarill is a bunny from the water, Gardevoir is a lady in a white dress that can sense true emotions. They all seem to have some sort of whimsical vibe to them. But that's just me.

Gah! I wish I had time for gaming habits! I just don't play nearly as much as I used to.

I'm beginning to realize that I need to start making better use of my free time in college more. I used to play games all the time and now I struggle playing Pokemon once a week.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chanaynay said:
Really? I thought every 5th Gen game was easy as shit. I actually struggled with the 2nd gym leader (and I'm still not at the 3rd because I'm incredibly slow moving and even then I like to take my time on my journeys). Also for Fairy-type I think they all just contain a sense of magical fiction to them? Jigglypuff is a balloon that can make you fall asleep, Azumarill is a bunny from the water, Gardevoir is a lady in a white dress that can sense true emotions. They all seem to have some sort of whimsical vibe to them. But that's just me.
Jigglypuff is definitely fairylike, and a case could probably be made for Gardevoir, too, although I thought its powers were already well accounted for with its psychic typing. Azumarill, though, is pretty much the pokemon universe's equivalent of a mundane water-dwelling mammal. The most fairylike thing about it is its whimsical appearance, but there are lots of whimsical-looking pokemon that aren't fairy types.

A lot of what determines the difficulty of this type of game is your play style, so I suppose I'm not that surprised you're finding it more challenging than I did. What I do is go through and defeat every available trainer; up until now, that has never resulted in me being over-leveled.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Jigglypuff is definitely fairylike, and a case could probably be made for Gardevoir, too, although I thought its powers were already well accounted for with its psychic typing. Azumarill, though, is pretty much the pokemon universe's equivalent of a mundane water-dwelling mammal. The most fairylike thing about it is its whimsical appearance, but there are lots of whimsical-looking pokemon that aren't fairy types.

True, I think they may have partly given Azumarill Fairy typing just to make it even more powerful. I mean, Huge Power + Play Around = goodbye Dragon types.

A lot of what determines the difficulty of this type of game is your play style, so I suppose I'm not that surprised you're finding it more challenging than I did. What I do is go through and defeat every available trainer; up until now, that has never resulted in me being over-leveled.

Hmm, I go through and make sure to battle every available trainer as well, but I think our styles may differentiate in other ways. I don't like to confine myself to one team of 6 Pokemon as I play, I like to play around with the other Pokemon I've caught. So far the Pokemon I've used on my team are Braixen, Pidgeotto, Pikachu, Vivillon, Wartortle, Furfrou, Amaura, and Carbink but the Pokemon I currently have in my party are Braixen, Pidgeotto, Wartortle, and Carbink. I'm a little like Ash in that sense, just take Pokemon out of the PC whenever I feel like it. Although the Pokemon that I do end up calling my "ultimate team" are the ones that I beat the Elite Four with, it just goes through many changes before then.

One major issue I'm having with X is the fact that both Jigglypuff and Oddish are obtainable in this game. Vileplume and Wigglytuff are my favorite two Pokemon and my ones from Ruby are waiting on my White 2 file to be transported. Sadly, Poke Transporter doesn't come out til late December so I get overwhelming feelings of separation anxiety when I see a wild Oddish or Jigglypuff. :/