• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oh! You Pretty Things

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Speaking of religious art.

3290850627_a7732af22c.jpg

Canterbury Cathedral ceiling

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fantasizing about being back in mexico since it's the easter season. while i was there, i was blown away by the easter celebrations in the streets.
a0859816e35ea69671dc620d0ca6a66d.jpg

250279b46feb4b6ad0e4f22833a32564.jpg

aab60ac74fd5bca5b214f504098363dd.jpg

4941557969_ca172d07eb_o.jpg

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some simple illustrations I like:

Albert Weisburger, from Jugend
01-Albert-Weisberger-Jugend-1905a_900.jpg

Rafael de Penagos
rafael de penagos.jpg

This is not my hair, unfortunately.
red hair2.jpg

Starry

:laugh: You should! I'd teach you, except you probably live too far away from me. It's so rewarding -- I can tell you from experience that knitting colorwork like that is a feast for the Ne. Especially once you've memorized the pattern. It's like when you're about to cook something ambitious, and all the ingredients are laid out in front of you -- you feel like you can already taste it.

Aw, I'm excited to see the pic. :)

haha...it's funny to me that you said that because that's what I do. I just get so memorized/hypnotized by *ooh look at all the pretty colors...*

IMG_4430.JPG

87513144_o.jpg

16e1765f9fa9.jpg

0,,69342031,00.jpg

0,,69342209,00.jpg

476064fdf40fa15ece623d4785413679.jpg

----------------------------------------

The images I had saved on my computer for you though are these two...
I hope you had a great Easter!

ee7fd67ef4216382754326cc63de0a68.jpg

butterfly-tattoo-with-flowers-on-hands.jpg

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
http://mocochocodotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/cupid_and_psyche_louvre.jpg
Canova's neoclassical masterpiece of Cupid & Psyche
Louvre, Paris

I saved a picture of this sculpture made by an artist (I don't remember his name) at the International Art exhibition in Venice last year:

2013-08-19_17-58-46_200.jpg

He also made this (revisiting the Three Graces theme):

2013-08-19_17-58-56_218.jpg

Starry

I saved a picture of this sculpture made by an artist (I don't remember his name) at the International Art exhibition in Venice last year:

View attachment 11608

He also made this (revisiting the Three Graces theme):

View attachment 11609

The images are very small on my tablet but they both look like Canova' s work...the top image appears to be the same sculpture as the one I posted (have you seen it in the Lourve? They have it positioned perfectly for natural lightening.)

I don't know where Canova's Graces is housed...but I do not believe I've seen it in person before...I feel I would have remembered. The Three Graces at the Lourve is Helenistic and breathtaking as well. The Lourve :heart:

Thank you so much for showing me - I love it.

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
The images are very small on my tablet but they both look like Canova' s work...the top image appears to be the same sculpture as the one I posted (have you seen it in the Lourve? They have it positioned perfectly for natural lightening.)

I don't know where Canova's Graces is housed...but I do not believe I've seen it in person before...I feel I would have remembered. The Three Graces at the Lourve is Helenistic and breathtaking as well. The Lourve :heart:

Thank you so much for showing me - I love it.

I think you've missed a detail, you should see it on a computer (with which you can enlarge the picture) if you have one :D
He has somewhat revisited the theme in a very sensual way...

About the three graces I think the artist got the inspiration from various models including the famous Raphael's painting as you can see:

CondeRaphael.jpg

Starry

I think you've missed a detail, you should see it on a computer (with which you can enlarge the picture) if you have one :D
He has somewhat revisited the theme in a very sensual way...

About the three graces I think the artist got the inspiration from various models including the famous Raphael's painting as you can see:

CondeRaphael.jpg

Okay, I was able to view the images from my laptop/notebook/large computer...and you're right I did miss some details haha... primarily that these are small, 'tabletop' sculptures and that this artist's rendition of (Canova-inspired) 'the Three Graces' is kinda lesbianie haha.

Louvre_202_Canova_Cupid_Psyche_2008.jpg

^here's Canova's 'Cupid & Psyche' Louvre, Paris (stealing another opportunity to post)

2006AT7725_three_graces_new.jpg

^here's Canova's 'Three Graces' which I learned is housed at the Victoria and Albert Museum, London (and so I'm assuming I've seen this since I used to live in London and have been to this museum a couple of times but...?)

Three_Graces_Louvre_Ma287.jpg

^here's the Hellenistic 'Three Graces' Louvre, Paris

The Raphael 'Les Trois Grâces' with the Bocce balls is my favorite oil of these three so thank you for that!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...almost looks watercolor...wonder if it is actually ink or just painted??

Starry

yeah...almost looks watercolor...wonder if it is actually ink or just painted??

I totally thought the same thing because I saw it only as an image first... but it's from an actual tattoo website. It's real and real awesome at the same time. I would absolutely love that but I couldn't ink myself permanently on my hands. I would do it in a heartbeat though if it would come off in like a year.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I totally thought the same thing because I saw it only as an image first... but it's from an actual tattoo website. It's real and real awesome at the same time. I would absolutely love that but I couldn't ink myself permanently on my hands. I would do it in a heartbeat though if it would come off in like a year.

yeah thats my issue with ink. i have a hard enough time committing to a haircut. i want to change it with my outfit haha

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
Okay, I was able to view the images from my laptop/notebook/large computer...and you're right I did miss some details haha... primarily that these are small, 'tabletop' sculptures and that this artist's rendition of (Canova-inspired) 'the Three Graces' is kinda lesbianie haha.

http://www.crashboombang.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Louvre_202_Canova_Cupid_Psyche_2008.jpg

^here's Canova's 'Cupid & Psyche' Louvre, Paris (stealing another opportunity to post)

http://www.vam.ac.uk/__data/assets/image/0007/236437/2006AT7725_three_graces_new.jpg

^here's Canova's 'Three Graces' which I learned is housed at the Victoria and Albert Museum, London (and so I'm assuming I've seen this since I used to live in London and have been to this museum a couple of times but...?)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...0U/w958-h599-no/Three_Graces_Louvre_Ma287.jpg

^here's the Hellenistic 'Three Graces' Louvre, Paris

The Raphael 'Les Trois Grâces' with the Bocce balls is my favorite oil of these three so thank you for that!

I didn't know Canova's version was in this museum, thanks !

the bolded: Oh please continue, still a pleasure for the eyes ;)

This one (Winged Victory of Samothrace, at the top of the stairs) was very impressive too

louvre-victoire-samothrace_4.jpg

---

Love this view from the Centre Georges Pompidou (there are Niki de Saint-Phalles sculptures in the basin)

2013-05-20_20-12-04_953.jpg

fontaine-Beaubourg-Niki-4637.jpg