• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Grunge!

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is there anyone who likes grunge music? ;) I mean that Seattle sound from 90's where guitars sound like awesome hacks and basses are tuned down so they are super gloomy and you ask yourself "How is it possible? It's right in between punk riffs and metal moody dark sounds, but it's neither of these..." And I mean Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Hole, Alice In Chains, Mother Love Bone, L7... Anyone keeps rocking on that stuf? :rock:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
original.jpeg

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can get down to some grunge, for sure!

:solidarity:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] I love Alice! Dirt is pure perfection, Bush are also amazing. Gavin's voice is one of the best. I don't know why I tried to listen to Soundgarden, but there is something about them, that none other grunge band has and it makes them kind of strange for my years, but I love Spoon Man and Like a suicide. [MENTION=15318]Saudade[/MENTION] Neil the god father of grunge <3

W

WALMART

dirt is hardcore.

i think bush is considered post-grunge, but whatever. they're still crunchy.

(my first album purchase, btw :D)

W

WALMART

they're full of them

i felt like i was exploring cavernous depths, growing up with it

every album taking me deeper

the further i looked

o_0

now music's like whatev

Starry

I need to be part of this thread and am determined to find a pc I can hop on in order to post my own collection... but I just need to tell this story haha...

I no longer remember what was going on...why we were *there*...but a group of friends and I were camping outside of an event so I'm assuming a 'remote' concert... And the people camping just right of us were trashed...still partying strong at 3am or so. And they were blasting their music from one of their cars...which back then wouldn't have prevented me from sleeping but in what's still a major wtf? point in my history...some guy put Spoonman on...but continued to restart the song over and over...so literally for...I'm not even kidding 40 mins or so...all we heard was the first few seconds of this song...that opening guitar rift...until I just couldn't take it anymore and approached the dude wrapped in my sleeping bag haha.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does anyone knows these guys?
I just started to listen to them a month ago, or so and I can't stop replaying this and many other songs for them. I don't know if this is really grunge, but Jeff and Stone from Pearl Jam were playing in this band. I totally fell in love with their singer Andrew Wood, he was soooo amazing. I remember when I was 14 and I started to listen to Nirvana and for a while there was nothing else for me, but Kurt Cobain and In Utero, Nevermind and all of these amazing songs. Now I started to discover much more bands from this Seattle scene and they all are so amazing. I love the cooporations between bands and their member, and evryone knew everyone, they lived in each other houses, jamed toghter... Just amazing .

W

WALMART

I need to be part of this thread and am determined to find a pc I can hop on in order to post my own collection... but I just need to tell this story haha...

I no longer remember what was going on...why we were *there*...but a group of friends and I were camping outside of an event so I'm assuming a 'remote' concert... And the people camping just right of us were trashed...still partying strong at 3am or so. And they were blasting their music from one of their cars...which back then wouldn't have prevented me from sleeping but in what's still a major wtf? point in my history...some guy put Spoonman on...but continued to restart the song over and over...so literally for...I'm not even kidding 40 mins or so...all we heard was the first few seconds of this song...that opening guitar rift...until I just couldn't take it anymore and approached the dude wrapped in my sleeping bag haha.

It's a mean riff 'n all, but... lol.

Does anyone knows these guys?
I just started to listen to them a month ago, or so and I can't stop replaying this and many other songs for them. I don't know if this is really grunge, but Jeff and Stone from Pearl Jam were playing in this band. I totally fell in love with their singer Andrew Wood, he was soooo amazing. I remember when I was 14 and I started to listen to Nirvana and for a while there was nothing else for me, but Kurt Cobain and In Utero, Nevermind and all of these amazing songs. Now I started to discover much more bands from this Seattle scene and they all are so amazing. I love the cooporations between bands and their member, and evryone knew everyone, they lived in each other houses, jamed toghter... Just amazing .

Yeah, Jeff and Stone (and Vedder!) also did a collab with Chris Cornell as a tribute to Wood after his death, on the self titled album Temple of the Dog. This is how Pearl Jam got together, a real seminal piece of work. Good stuff, Mother Love Bone. It's definitely a piece of grunge history.

Heard of the supergroup Mad Season?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, Jeff and Stone (and Vedder!) also did a collab with Chris Cornell as a tribute to Wood after his death, on the self titled album Temple of the Dog. This is how Pearl Jam got together, a real seminal piece of work. Good stuff, Mother Love Bone. It's definitely a piece of grunge history.

Heard of the supergroup Mad Season?

I knew about Temple Of the Dog long time before I knew about Wood. Their name is actually a reference to one of Wood's amazing lyrics from song Man Of Golden Words.. "Wanna show you something like
The joy inside my heart
Seems I've been living in the temple of the dog..."
I heard about Mad Season before, but never actually got to listening to their music. OMG man thanks for posting this! It's so beautiful... The lyrics, is this written by Layne? I don't know how that man did it, but he somehow got right into the core of my emotions with his words. Just beautiful <3 My pain is self-chosen
At least I believe it to be
I could either drown
Or pull off my skin and swim to shore
Now I can grow a beautiful shell for all to see

The River of Deceit pulls down, yeah
The only direction we flow is down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down

Oh... replay, replay, replay...

*Do you know Jerry's Cnatrell solo work? I love this one...

and this also

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18559]Polly[/MENTION] why don't you listen to the women as well? start with sleater kinney (recommended album: the woods)

...and bikini kill.....who are responsible for the nirvana line "smells like teen spirit"

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
why don't you listen to the women as well? start with sleater kinney (recommended album: the woods)

...and bikini kill.....who are responsible for the nirvana line "smells like teen spirit"

I also listen to women... Hole, L7, The Pretty Reckless, Evanescence, I even like Avril Lavigne :D :D ... It's just I rather listen to men, than women. You know I watch the videoclip with awesome music and suddenly there is a guy with beautiful long hair and guitar and I just can't resist, but watch more of it :D :D :D .

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also listen to women... Hole, L7, The Pretty Reckless, Evanescence, I even like Avril Lavigne :D :D ... It's just I rather listen to men, then women. You know I watch the videoclip with awesome music and suddenly there is a guy with beautiful long hair and guitar and I just can't resist, but watch more of it :D :D :D .

oh, and there's also fugazi to check out (men) ....and melvins....mudhoney...black flag...meat puppets

Starry

Quickly [MENTION=18559]Polly[/MENTION] ...

If you knew what Cobain was writing about in this song I imagine this isn't where your username comes from but...

This song perfectly illustrates (illustrates? no, demonstrates) the shift in how a guitar lick (? I'm just now realizing that I don't have the language to even say what I'm trying to say...)
[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] might understand what I'm attempting to say here...but the cords are played almost backwards from how they had been done up until that point. This is the Grunge sound and since this song is slower and makes use of fewer instruments you can really hear it. This song is a masterpiece as well.

W

WALMART

I knew about Temple Of the Dog long time before I knew about Wood. Their name is actually a reference to one of Wood's amazing lyrics from song Man Of Golden Words.. "Wanna show you something like
The joy inside my heart
Seems I've been living in the temple of the dog..."

Yeah, cool stuff. More of that "all-inclusive" thing Seattle had goin' on at the time...

I heard about Mad Season before, but never actually got to listening to their music. OMG man thanks for posting this! It's so beautiful... The lyrics, is this written by Layne? I don't know how that man did it, but he somehow got right into the core of my emotions with his words. Just beautiful <3 My pain is self-chosen
At least I believe it to be
I could either drown
Or pull off my skin and swim to shore
Now I can grow a beautiful shell for all to see

The River of Deceit pulls down, yeah
The only direction we flow is down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down

Oh... replay, replay, replay...

Read a little of the wiki, seems they brought Staley on after the song was written. But it's definitely his style, made the song.

All of Staley's slower, more emotional songs have a lot of punch to them... Nutshell and Don't Follow. Don't Follow hits me in the feels every time :cry:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Quickly [MENTION=18559]Polly[/MENTION] ...

If you knew what Cobain was writing about in this song I imagine this isn't where your username comes from but...

This song perfectly illustrates (illustrates? no, demonstrates) the shift in how a guitar lick (? I'm just now realizing that I don't have the language to even say what I'm trying to say...)
[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] might understand what I'm attempting to say here...but the cords are played almost backwards from how they had been done up until that point. This is the Grunge sound and since this song is slower and makes use of fewer instruments you can really hear it. This song is a masterpiece as well.

Yaay you noticed! My username is just THIS Polly! :D Actually I can't decide if the song is full of drug, or sex, or neither of these references. Or it's just about some creapy and probably retarted Polly :D . But it's a masterpiece :rock: OMG OMG ... no way! I just right now got this famous lighting up in my head! It's about creapy and retarted Polly, that he once tried to have sex with, when he was a teenager! It's in his Havier, than Heaven biography! Oh fuck :D :D :D