• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Grunge!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
LOVE GRUNGE. Always rocking Alice in Chains. The Smashing Pumpkins' (kind of grunge I guess) earlier stuff is usually in my playlist too.

I played Pool a couple of times with the man ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Parashar )that produced Pearl Jam's "Ten" album and many others. He frequented a neighborhood bar near my place when I lived in Seattle. He's quite the alcoholic.

Bands just don't make rock like they used to :(

Foo Fighter's latest album is awesome though. They're one of the few relevant rock bands still doing thangs.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

STRANGE FACTOID: My ex-GF said she used to ride on the Spoonman's shoulders as a child at the Oregon Country Fair. Yes, she was a child of happy hippy parents, which accounts for her middle name: Halfmoon (and her first name, which I won't tell you). She said he now lives on the Olympic Peninsula in Western Wash.
Peace and love, spoonman!:D

Starry

It's a mean riff 'n all, but... lol.

I missed this yesterday haha...yah, words fail me. But if you were interested in a general understanding of the experience... listen from .15 to approx .40 - 500 times in a row.

I may have been able to compete with 'drunk Spoonman guy' with this song tbh...although the transition is far more distinct in the studio version as opposed to live...which is what I'm attaching.
While I love this song this singer is awful imo. And on more than one occasion I've only listened up to approx 1.30 (in this clip)...before starting it all over again haha.

*The red-headed dude who's name I can't remember right now has a great voice though...and has always struck me as the e8w9 poster child for some reason although idk.

**Grohl's *killing it* :heart:

I am myself an INFP...

Oh no, I missed that you were NFP haha! And yes, I agree with the depiction you provided of him in this same post. Well done.

you know, i hated nirvana growing up. a girl i hung out with for a lot of teenage years was all about them and hated soundgarden, so naturally...

this song rocks. i need to look into all their lesser known stuff.

When it comes to the instant love and appreciation of Nirvana...I believe I may have had a type-related advantage haha! Still, with how 'Fi-on-steroids-unpolished' everything is... some of their songs I only came to love by accident.

This is worth watching when you get a chance if only for the Boston cover in the beginning haha.
At .25 Cobain looks over at Novoselic and it gets me every time. If you are an INFP you will have made that same look a million times as well. <-I know that sounds so strange but I'm asking you to take my word for this haha! I do really love this performance...Guitar solo 3.30

B

brainheart

I know Nirvana is categorized as grunge but I never really saw it. I think they're quite a bit different than many of the other bands listed. They have more of a experimental Pixies/ Sonic Youth sensibility, with some seriously strong Fi undertones, but an undercurrent of British Invasion love and the obvious punk influence. I was the perfect age when this music came out (teens) and let me tell you, it kicked ass.

Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP are entirely different. I don't like the sound at all. I find it tremendously boring and without soul. I hated it when I was the age for it and I hate it now.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know Nirvana is categorized as grunge but I never really saw it. I think they're quite a bit different than many of the other bands listed. They have more of a experimental Pixies/ Sonic Youth sensibility, with some seriously strong Fi undertones, but an undercurrent of British Invasion love and the obvious punk influence. I was the perfect age when this music came out (teens) and let me tell you, it kicked ass.

Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP are entirely different. I don't like the sound at all. I find it tremendously boring and without soul. I hated it when I was the age for it and I hate it now.

Nirvana is pure grunge... grunge is a mixture of punk, heavy metal and alternative rock influences, which is everything you listed in your post. How...how can you say PJ, or Soundgarden had no soul? Okay I am not a big fun of Soundgarden either, but I have to admit, they have one huge beautiful soul... All grunge seems very Fi to me. And PJ... OMG Pearl Jam... Eddie Vedder is the person, with the biggest singing passion ever, all feelings, all energy and all anger is right in his voice and his face when he sings...
I think I've never heard a song sang more emotionally...the guy crys almost the whole song :wubbie: ... BTW: I don't see Soundgarden, or PJ as that pure grunge badns. Soundagarden are more alternative rock and PJ more classic rock, but still you can hear the grunge sound of the 90's in their music. Classic grunge would be more...Nirvana, Mudhoney, Hole...I am thinking about Alice, but they were pretty heavy metal, so also not so pure classic grunge.

W

WALMART

Oh actually yes, I remember STP's singer in Velvet Revolver. From Slash's solo, this is amazing

Ah, I saw Myles Kennedy with Alterbridge their first tour after their debut album. Those guys rock... I'm also a fan of Creed :unsure: Mark Tremonti is a beast.

Cartoons are awesome! :D I tried to watch some episodes of Adventure Time, but the whole show seems like one huge LSD trip :D :D . Regular Show can be pretty crazy also, but it at least doesn't remind me of any drung :D

Yeah, that's probably why I love it. I could talk about it for hours... I'll spare you.

and to your thing.... I am deadly serious, when I say I will...I will be a rockstar :yay: ! And all these soft/rock melody ripping bands, will suddenly stop to exist and everyone will listen to grunge and hard rock :D ... And I will party so hard and die really really young in my luxury flat in Paris with the bottle of Jack Daniel's in my heand :D :D

I'm waitin' for the day. Don't forget about me when you're three shots from death, I wanna join in too.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
STRANGE FACTOID: My ex-GF said she used to ride on the Spoonman's shoulders as a child at the Oregon Country Fair. Yes, she was a child of happy hippy parents, which accounts for her middle name: Halfmoon (and her first name, which I won't tell you). She said he now lives on the Olympic Peninsula in Western Wash.
Peace and love, spoonman!:D

Haha, love the Spoonman-inspired stories! That is so cool. What a fun person to date :D

Peace, love, and spoonman!

W

WALMART

I missed this yesterday haha...yah, words fail me. But if you were interested in a general understanding of the experience... listen from .15 to approx .40 - 500 times in a row.

I may have been able to compete with 'drunk Spoonman guy' with this song tbh...although the transition is far more distinct in the studio version as opposed to live...which is what I'm attaching.
While I love this song this singer is awful imo. And on more than one occasion I've only listened up to approx 1.30 (in this clip)...before starting it all over again haha.

*The red-headed dude who's name I can't remember right now has a great voice though...and has always struck me as the e8w9 poster child for some reason although idk.

**Grohl's *killing it* :heart:

Dave Grohl is the most charismatic motherfucker on Earth. His music helped get me my first girlfriend ever :laugh: She asked what I was listening to in class, Monkey Wrench blew her mind.

That is a heavy intro.

When it comes to the instant love and appreciation of Nirvana...I believe I may have had a type-related advantage haha! Still, with how 'Fi-on-steroids-unpolished' everything is... some of their songs I only came to love by accident.

This is worth watching when you get a chance if only for the Boston cover in the beginning haha.
At .25 Cobain looks over at Novoselic and it gets me every time. If you are an INFP you will have made that same look a million times as well. <-I know that sounds so strange but I'm asking you to take my word for this haha! I do really love this performance...Guitar solo 3.30

lol @ that riff seguing into teen spirit. how funky. he sounds damn good live.

i did like nirvana, i obsessed over teen spirit like everyone else probably, playing it over and over... she just ruined any depth i might have had with the band, lolz.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, I saw Myles Kennedy with Alterbridge their first tour after their debut album. Those guys rock... I'm also a fan of Creed :unsure: Mark Tremonti is a beast.

Yeah, that's probably why I love it. I could talk about it for hours... I'll spare you.

I'm waitin' for the day. Don't forget about me when you're three shots from death, I wanna join in too.

You're so lucky! Well...I will sound like all these hipster teenagers :D , but I didn't have a chance to see any of these bands. The only one I saw, was PJ last year in Prague, but still those 90's time won't ever come back and I won't ever had a chance to experience this era! It's so unfair, that I was born into Britney Spear's ass licking era... And since that everything is going downhill... "The only direction we flow is down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down" :D :D :D ... Nope...I actually really believe there is one small chance, the good old times can a be a good future times...if you know what I mean. And oh yeah, I will call you at my party to my super luxury flat, but you know I probably will be super famous and super missunderstood amazing rockstar, so I won't have much time for remembering superunknown people :D :D .

W

WALMART

I don't think Pearl Jam and STP are grunge, personally. They're 90's alternative maybe, which tends to get clumped into that category.

But Soundgarden not having soul, gasp. I think during their close they got very technical with their work (Black Hole Sun, Spoonman, Burden in my Hand) so I can see what you're saying.

Kim Thayil wouldn't be happy about it though.

193089_6Y4I64BAsiZF0a4rVKhZjquza.jpg

W

WALMART

You're so lucky! Well...I will sound like all these hipster teenagers :D , but I didn't have a chance to see any of these bands. The only one I saw, was PJ last year in Prague, but still those 90's time won't ever come back and I won't ever had a chance to experience this era! It's so unfair, that I was born into Britney Spear's ass licking era... And since that everything is going downhill... "The only direction we flow is down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down
Down, oh down" :D :D :D ... Nope...I actually really believe there is one small chance, the good old times can a be a good future times...if you know what I mean. And oh yeah, I will call you at my party to my super luxury flat, but you know I probably will be super famous and super missunderstood amazing rockstar, so I won't have much time for remembering superunknown people :D :D .

staley knew what was up all those years ago :D

Yeah, they's unfortunate times we're livin' in. The 2000's had some rockin' stuff, I liked the hard rock wave that came with Disturbed, Mudvayne, Mushroomhead and shit. Luckily for me, San Antonio/Austin is very musically cultural, there are live venues all over the place and the people that play them are very diverse in style. I also have a garage band that practices across the street from me several times a week that ROCKS :D

Come on, I thought you rockstar types loved obscure oddities :cry:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
staley knew what was up all those years ago :D

Yeah, they's unfortunate times we're livin' in. The 2000's had some rockin' stuff, I liked the hard rock wave that came with Disturbed, Mudvayne, Mushroomhead and shit. Luckily for me, San Antonio/Austin is very musically cultural, there are live venues all over the place and the people that play them are very diverse in style. I also have a garage band that practices across the street from me several times a week that ROCKS :D

Come on, I thought you rockstar types loved obscure oddities :cry:

Oh poor Layne...Some good stuff is happening now, but the bands are rare and not so popular, The Pretty Reckless, Von Benzo, Seether... I like Bullet for my Valentine :blush: ... I like Disturbed, mostly their song "Down with the sickness" one great crazy shit! In 2000's there were some other bands strating up their carrier... Foo Fighters began in '95. but made it huge in 2000's, also Marilyn Manson started to get more fame and attention. Oh how much I admire the work of MM ... Puddle Of Mudd, Shinedown, I think even Seether and Evanescence started in 2000's....and Metallica went terribly downhill...
You have a band...now I am just so jealous! I once started a grunge band with my first estp boyfriend, but after sometime the guy turned out to be a jerk and the band plans fell down. Well...our city is not so open to arts, or music, but we have pretty nice local underground scene. We have just a few clubs, so everyone knows everyone and all the metalheads, punk/rockers and grungers hangout together. I love this :) ... And I am actually starting new band project! I wasn't ready to give up on my dream so easily , so in wednesday I am going to first meet up with one band, that is looking for a singer... God how I whish to sing!
OH! And I forgot the old good Linkin Park! And all these 2000's pop/punk bands...I grew up on them! I remember listening to Sum41 and GreenDay when I was 13 and feeling so punk/rcok and hardcore!

Starry

There are things I wanted to respond to in here but I'm a bit too tired...

This video was filmed on the coast...but further north from where I have spent most of my entire summer...all of my summers...
But what I'm wanting to make mention of is that green stuff!...that bush/plant/brush that they are filming this video in...
I don't even know the name of it but I'm assuming it's something like 'Common Green Stuff' (maybe something with 'broom' in the word idk) I've always just liked that they filmed the video in it haha.
Anyway, thank you [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] for the help in the Vedder thread.

Okay you know ^^it's a very nice song but it's not grunge. And it is a bit too Fe-heavy maybe?

Goodnight