• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Grand Theft Auto V"

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So here's a place to talk about the most anticipated game of the year and the most expensive game ever made, Grand Theft Auto V, also known simply as GTA V (not to be confused with the Saints Row 4 DLC GAT V (har har)), or talk about anything Grand Theft Auto, really, or maybe even a killing spree the game inspired you to go on.

Simply put, this game is fucking amazing so far, though I'm only like 20 percent finished with the story missions. I'm having so much fun exploring Los Santos, which feels as alive as a real city, thanks to superb sound design as well as the best graphics you're likely to see in the seventh generation of consoles. I might actually buy the PC version when it comes out just to marvel the game in all its DirectX 10/11 glory.

The game's a massive improvement over Grand Theft Auto IV in every way. Where GTA IV felt like a step backwards from its predecessor San Andreas, GTA V truly is the step forward I would expect from a GTA game in the HD generation. Where Liberty City was gloomy and uninteresting, Los Santos (and the surrounding countryside) is an amazing place to explore. Although I think I would've rather had the rest of the major cities in San Andreas rather than all the countryside.

Although the game is not without its flaws. The characters (you can play as three this time) are much less interesting this time around, with the exception of the white trash psychopath Trevor, who is a lot of fun. Michael, on the other hand, a bored father and husband to a dysfunctional family, was bland, and Franklin seemed like a poor man's version of CJ in San Andreas. Not that they're bad characters, but I don't think the game would've functioned with just Michael and Franklin alone -- Trevor, on the other hand, steals the show. Though I love switching between the characters to see what they're up to. And my, what a novel concept this game has with playable characters. Still, does Saints Row have to be the only game of its kind where you can design your own character, male or female? I bet Rockstar could come up with a character customization system that would blow Saints Row's out of the water.

That being said, I still love Saints Row, and I think it was always a worthy contender of being more than a GTA clone and more of a game of the same genre. But man, I can't wait to see what Volition has in store for Saints Row V, which will no doubt both parody and expand upon what was created in GTA V.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hear people say it's great and that it's amazing.

Mind posting a screenshot or two of the game. That shows off some of the amazing things you can do?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, there's a feature in the game that allows your character to take selfies with their smartphone, one of which is called iFruit, which I have to admit, it made me laugh out loud, literally (however, the three protagonists' phones each have different layouts, modeled after iOS, Android, and Windows Phone). Anyhoo, you can upload these selfies to your Xbox Live account. Problem is, I forgot my Xbox Live password and too lazy to reset it. And then I'd have to reset it anyway because I keep forgetting it.

The game has plenty of other real world parodies, including Life Invader, which is the game's version of Facebook. Unfortunately, it's not as funny as GTA IV's parody of MySpace. But who cares when the game itself is so goddamn well-designed? And that's another thing I forgot to mention, the physics on the cars. I am so glad that I can actually drive the cars around the world map without it feeling like Gran Tourismo. When I play a driving game, I want a fucking driving game, not a driving simulator.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The new Hot Coffee scene...I really don't see what the big deal is. It's nothing that really stands out from the rest of the game. And Trevor was nice enough to drive him to the airport, too.

The activists are just running out of things to bitch about, I guess.

I would've loved to do this to random civilians when not playing a mission.

I also would've loved to tie civilians to a pole and burn them alive, which was the case when I switched to Trevor, who I always catch doing random stuff.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're an asshole If you choose anything but Deathwish.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
The new Hot Coffee scene...I really don't see what the big deal is. It's nothing that really stands out from the rest of the game. And Trevor was nice enough to drive him to the airport, too.

I also would've loved to tie civilians to a pole and burn them alive, which was the case when I switched to Trevor, who I always catch doing random stuff.

Someone from youtube.

How the fuck do you rip the tooth out? It says rotate RS to do it right? I've been rotating it for 10 fucking minutes and the tooth wiggles but it doesn't come

Got to love people.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
So here's a place to talk about the most anticipated game of the year and the most expensive game ever made, Grand Theft Auto V, also known simply as GTA V (not to be confused with the Saints Row 4 DLC GAT V (har har)), or talk about anything Grand Theft Auto, really, or maybe even a killing spree the game inspired you to go on.

Simply put, this game is fucking amazing so far, though I'm only like 20 percent finished with the story missions. I'm having so much fun exploring Los Santos, which feels as alive as a real city, thanks to superb sound design as well as the best graphics you're likely to see in the seventh generation of consoles. I might actually buy the PC version when it comes out just to marvel the game in all its DirectX 10/11 glory.

The game's a massive improvement over Grand Theft Auto IV in every way. Where GTA IV felt like a step backwards from its predecessor San Andreas, GTA V truly is the step forward I would expect from a GTA game in the HD generation. Where Liberty City was gloomy and uninteresting, Los Santos (and the surrounding countryside) is an amazing place to explore. Although I think I would've rather had the rest of the major cities in San Andreas rather than all the countryside.

Although the game is not without its flaws. The characters (you can play as three this time) are much less interesting this time around, with the exception of the white trash psychopath Trevor, who is a lot of fun. Michael, on the other hand, a bored father and husband to a dysfunctional family, was bland, and Franklin seemed like a poor man's version of CJ in San Andreas. Not that they're bad characters, but I don't think the game would've functioned with just Michael and Franklin alone -- Trevor, on the other hand, steals the show. Though I love switching between the characters to see what they're up to. And my, what a novel concept this game has with playable characters. Still, does Saints Row have to be the only game of its kind where you can design your own character, male or female? I bet Rockstar could come up with a character customization system that would blow Saints Row's out of the water.

That being said, I still love Saints Row, and I think it was always a worthy contender of being more than a GTA clone and more of a game of the same genre. But man, I can't wait to see what Volition has in store for Saints Row V, which will no doubt both parody and expand upon what was created in GTA V.

You should write game reviews.

93JC

Trevor reminds me of you, Ãœber. His diction and manner of speaking in particular, when he's not dropping F-bombs.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trevor reminds me of you, Ãœber. His diction and manner of speaking in particular, when he's not dropping F-bombs.

:wubbie:

Is it because he's a necrophiliac cannibal or because he says oot and aboot? (Though I'm not from that far up north.)

It's also flattering that you remember how I sound after one year.

And I am committing the cardinal sin among GTA fandom; I'm enjoying both GTA V and Saints Row IV at the same time...because I can afford both...their parents, on the other hand, cannot.

93JC

:wubbie:

Is it because he's a necrophiliac cannibal or because he says oot and aboot? (Though I'm not from that far up north.)

Just his speech. Nothing about his personality reminds me of you.

It's also flattering that you remember how I sound after one year.

You have a particular sound about you that is memorable, I guess.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I got it. First game I've played in years (literally). It's pretty fun.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Holy fucking fuck. Saints Row IV has some upcoming DLC that might just give it a new trick up its sleeve. A DLC called Saints Row Saves Christmas coming this holiday season? That is fucking hilarious. These games have charm because they actually implement the bizarre things that most people think about but are too embarrassed to express. That's admirable in the entertainment industry.

Oh and yeah, GTA V has dogs now, but why don't these games have kids in them yet? It can't be because it would be too controversial.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Its a blast--most gaming fun I have had in years. Definitely a major step up from IV (which was underwhelming).

Now waiting on the multiplayer to go live...

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't see how this isn't utterly evil. I don't think people should be banned from playing or purchasing games like this, but that doesn't mean they aren't destroying society. It angers me how much people tolerate violence now.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Its a blast--most gaming fun I have had in years. Definitely a major step up from IV (which was underwhelming).

Now waiting on the multiplayer to go live...

Yeah, I'm reading about the multiplayer, and if I can create a character with as much control as I could in Saints Row, then I finally have an excuse to pay for Xbox Live Gold. Yes, I got the game for the 360 because PS3 lost the coin toss.

And you're right on about IV. The story was underwhelming and I didn't give two shits about the protagonist. It seemed to be more about being fancy. (And I hate having to tap the A (or X) button to sprint.) How it got a 10/10 on Gamespot while V got a 9/10 is beyond me (perhaps because a feminist reviewed V and complained about the misogyny that is pretty commonplace in a GTA game?). Anyway, GTA IV is actually the only GTA game I didn't care about enough to even complete. In fact, I was so frustrated by the car physics and the (lack of) checkpoint system that I just switched back to Saints Row. And even with GTA V out, I still feel that Saints Row has a lot of great advantages that GTA doesn't. But I like how the two franchises seem to be one-upping each other (even in GTA V, your characters have superpowers :p)

I'm just waiting for the inevitable PC port, like a chump.

I couldn't help myself. I'm too impatient. I'll probably get the PC version when it comes out...or maybe the Xbox One or PS4 versions which are apparently in development.

I don't see how this isn't utterly evil. I don't think people should be banned from playing or purchasing games like this, but that doesn't mean they aren't destroying society. It angers me how much people tolerate violence now.

We're talking about violence against a computer AI. Sure, I would love to do it in real life, as most people would, but like most people, I then consider if it's really worth the risk of having a 9-inch cock rammed up my ass in a prison shower.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't help myself. I'm too impatient. I'll probably get the PC version when it comes out...or maybe the Xbox One or PS4 versions which are apparently in development.

I don't blame you one bit. Heck, I've almost caved a few times and bought it for PS3 myself, but console gaming just feels like too much of a pain nowadays, and that would stifle my ability to really engross myself in the game.

Pretty good strategy by Rockstar though, because the eventual PC port is practically free money for them with minimal effort.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're talking about violence against a computer AI. Sure, I would love to do it in real life, as most people would, but like most people, I then consider if it's really worth the risk of having a 9-inch cock rammed up my ass in a prison shower.

I think if most people would torture others given the opportunity, I don't want to be on this planet anymore. Fear of consequences shouldn't be what's stopping people. Having and listening to a conscious should. There's a reason governments are becoming more and more oppressive. People are turning into animals and their behavior is demanding control. Control yourself and you don't need others to.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP

I must admit--this was one of my favorite GTA missions ever.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I must admit--this was one of my favorite GTA missions ever.

Personally, my favorite was the "James Bond" mission. And there were so many other linear missions that I wish I could've done in the open world, like the mission where Trevor puts the movie star in the trunk and parks at a railroad crossing.

I think kidnapping random civilians should be implemented in a future game, perhaps even have a hideout to store them at similar to car garages.

Another thing that would be cool is the ability to cut brake lines on all cars.