• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Return of the Batman...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So...what working actor would you choose to don the cowl for the Batman/Superman throwdown? I would choose Benedict Cumberbatch or Thomas Jane, personally.

Benedict Cumberbatch is too British to play Batman. No one will buy that.

I want Nicholas Cage to play Batman. But then, I want Nicholas Cage to star in most movies.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Out of all the names I've seen tossed around thus far, I'd say I'd most like to see Josh Brolin don the cowl. I've heard that Ryan Gosling has been shortlisted, which fills my head with unquantifiable levels of fuck.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why don't we play a game? I name two actors, and you decide who would be a better Batman.

Jack Black or Ben Stiller.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Benedict Cumberbatch is too British to play Batman. No one will buy that.

Well then, fuck that shit, bro. He can play Robin.

I want Nicholas Cage to play Batman. But then, I want Nicholas Cage to star in most movies.

Fuck that shit, too, bro. Nicolas Cage gotta be Gorilla Grodd.
And he can fight/kill/fuck the Plastic Man.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I wonder why Joseph Gordon Levitt is not playing Batman...what I heard at the time of The Dark Knight Rises is that he was set up to carry on as Batman in any future movies.

That said, if there has to be a new Batman (serious superhero fatigue setting in), then it has to be Liev Schreiber.

/drops mic

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not a huge fan of comic book movies. Saw Batman on the title, I had to look it up. Saw Zach Snyder's name attached to it, lost interest.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That said, if there has to be a new Batman (serious superhero fatigue setting in), then it has to be Liev Schreiber.

I could go for Liev.

Makes a helluvalotta more sense than Ryan Gosling.
(No offense made toward Gosling, but... miscast. He's only there because he's a box-office draw.)

Also, most of the names dropped in this thread would be a terrible Bruce Wayne/Batman.

If you play Batman, I'll play Harley Quinn.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm blonde too. :bats:

98896675-540x539-0-0_Clairol+Clairol+Natural+Instincts+Hair+Color+For+M.jpg

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, but that is fucking absurd.
(Yes, I swore.)

I mean, is this "Batman, The Gay Blade" or what?
This is how the conversation must've went.

Casting Director: "For this next film, we're looking for an older, more experience and mature interpretation of the Batman, Bruce Wayne characters."
Intern: "Alright, Great. I'll see if we can get Justin Beiber's people on the line."

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Justin Bieber vs. Bane is a movie I'd pay to see.
Hell, I'd even order the exorbitant pay-per-view event.

As exhilarating as that fight would be, it would be even more exciting two days later to watch Bane crap out the remains.

G

Ginkgo

Christopher Nolan's adaption will probably not be rivaled, and in this specific case I've always found Batman and Superman cross-overs stupid.

This. Just considering the true canon of each story, a "vs." scenario would be laughably one sided. You'd basically have to recreate each character for it to be even remotely interesting, but it would still be even more cartoony than The Justice League, regardless of its live-action format.

I would be more interested to see a Nightwing or Robin project.