• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Return of the Batman...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The fandom reaction to this is going to be fun to watch.

It seems like a choice fans are going to hate, and I also happen to think it's a shitty one. Ben Affleck has about the range of Tom Cruise. Just like every movie with Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise IN SPACE or Tom Cruise as a PIRATE NAZI, so is a Ben Affleck movie.

He's just.... a generic vaguely angry Red Sox fan. In every film. I honestly think Orlando Bloom would have been a better choice.... his fops all seem different.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It seems like a choice fans are going to hate, and I also happen to think it's a shitty one. Ben Affleck has about the range of Tom Cruise. Just like every movie with Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise IN SPACE or Tom Cruise as a PIRATE NAZI, so is a Ben Affleck movie.

He's just.... a generic vaguely angry Red Sox fan. In every film. I honestly think Orlando Bloom would have been a better choice.... his fops all seem different.

Aside from him have a decent jawline, I'm kind of shocked by the casting. He did okay in Good Will Hunting and in Argo, but he was certainly not close to the best actor in either movie.

And it's not like Affleck has a great record with superhero movies either.

I wonder how he'll play out in that show coming up with Justin Timberlake, about the gambling place down overseas.

He's a far better director than actor.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Aside from him have a decent jawline, I'm kind of shocked by the casting.

I wanted Nicholas Cage damnit. The poor guy lost all his castles. He deserves better than Ghost Writer. He never turns down roles, so you know he would have done it.

That would be so meta.... he would be battling Superman, the character he always dreamed of playing, and came so close to...

Nicodemus

I reckon who plays Batman will turn out to be of very little importance to the film's quality, because, if Zack Snyder is to direct it, it will neither feature nor require any acting.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
With that said: He isnt the absolute worst choice. I was worried WB was going to hire some metrosexual, flavor-of-the-month teeny bopper.

I am willing to give Affleck a chance.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With that said: He isnt the absolute worst choice. I was worried WB was going to hire some metrosexual, flavor-of-the-month teeny bopper.

I think Justin Bieber was busy getting a makeover.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, so even if you think Daredevil was a shitty movie, you'd be an idiot to think it was because of Ben Affleck.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a bit shocked by the casting as well, but I think given the criteria searching for, he fits the bit (on paper, that is).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, so even if you think Daredevil was a shitty movie, you'd be an idiot to think it was because of Ben Affleck.

I don't think anyone has ever said Daredevil flopped solely because of Ben Affleck.

I'm not sure who could have redeemed that movie.

Lark

I thought it was alright, Electra too but the timing was poor, there was a glut of that kind of movie, the same thing happened with zombi films.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think anyone has ever said Daredevil flopped solely because of Ben Affleck.

As soon as I read that, I immediately thought of this. Oh how I wasted my teenage years smoking pot and watching awful movies.

Obligatory: It's not your fault, Kal-El. It's not your fault.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How many people have signed the "Get rid of Affleck" petition so far?

MBTI Type
INTJ

I don't know, I think you're kind of dismissing Tom Cruise by comparing him to Affleck as an actor. I think Cruise is a fantastic actor who people suddenly decided not to like because of his weird-ass personal life. I actually think he'd make a decent Batman if he were a little less good looking.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was not prepared for a choice quite this awful.

I didn't know who Zack Snyder was. I looked it up. He sucks.