• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New Doctor Who Anounced

Beorn

Permabanned
And his name is...

Peter Capaldi

"The Scottish actor was named the new star of the British sci-fi franchise Doctor Who on Sunday during a live broadcast on BBC America. He will replace the departing Matt Smith, whose time in the time-traveling police box the TARDIS ends later this year.

"It's so wonderful not to keep this secret any longer," said Capaldi, a lifelong fan of the show. "I haven't played Doctor Who since I was 9 on the playground."

Capaldi, 55, becomes the 12th man to play the Doctor since the cult show debuted in 1963 with star William Hartnell and the fourth Time Lord since executive producer Russell T Davies rebooted Doctor Who in 2005, following Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Smith."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/08/04/new-doctor-who-star/2612947/

Heh, just realized Craig Ferguson is going to love that a fellow scot (and someone who he did acid with long ago) is the new doctor.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah. Pretty exciting.

I can't believe this time they actually brought an older white guy from GB on board -- they were so under-represented.

Hooray for progress!
:yays:

Beorn

Permabanned
lol. I don't think the dr will talk like that.

Here's Ferguson's interview with capaldi with another funny clip from In The Loop.

Beorn

Permabanned
Yeah. Pretty exciting.

I can't believe this time they actually brought an older white guy from GB on board -- they were so under-represented.

Hooray for progress!
:yays:

Yes, because having a white British male that can travel to any time in any place in the universe with anyone is just far too limiting.

Hey, there's still hope the tardis will return as a handicap accessible voting booth.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, because having a white British male that can travel to any time in any place in the universe with anyone is just far too limiting.

Considering what the options are (and with me being someone who is widely read in comics, fantasy, and cinema), yes, you're right. It is. *yawn*

But heck, it isn't just me who was hoping for Something Different. I wouldn't even call myself a fan of the show.

Hey, there's still hope the tardis will return as a handicap accessible voting booth.

There, NOW you're showing a speck of imagination. Maybe you're on a roll! What else have you got for us?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Geeez he's old! Now I want Matt back, and I wasn't too fond of him. Still, no one can hold a candle to David Tennant. :wub:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I loved 9th and 10th. I found the 11th Doctor to be kinda unreliable. I'm half way through series 5 and I haven't warmed up to him. I'm only watching because of Amy, who is utterly adorable.

So, I'm excited about the new Doctor!

R

Riva

I was hoping for a female Doctor.

Anyway I am glad they are introducing a new one and an old one at that.

If you watch the earlier Doctors they had sex appeal though they were old and weren't good looking.

The new actors though have them in abundance, a lot of their charm is emphasized on youth.

The Doctor doesn't have to be a young man to be sexy.

His concept is simply appealing.

Also having a older good looking male who gives a cerebral, quirky vibe is the most ideal.

Lets hope he would play an ENTJ doctor for a change.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Sorry, but old men aren't hot. Still, I'll give him a chance, I guess...

Edit - Blast me to Hell, I forgot about Sir Ian!! He is smokin'!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, but old men aren't hot. Still, I'll give him a chance, I guess...

Edit - Blast me to Hell, I forgot about Sir Ian!! He is smokin'!

McKellan? Lots of good that'll do us, being women 'n all. ;) He's fishin' in other ponds.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Right, that and I'm married. Plus I don't judge my crushes based on sexual preference. Anderson Cooper might be groped if the opportunity presents itself.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right, that and I'm married. Plus I don't judge my crushes based on sexual preference. Anderson Cooper might be groped if the opportunity presents itself.

Yeah, he's a sweetie, isn't he? :)

I just start wondering about myself when I start crushing mostly on gay men. :doh:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whoa, handsome.

Can't wait to see his interpretation of the character. No one has beaten the ninth for me yet in that respect.