• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP musicians?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was just trying to organize my music collection (it's a mess) and dividing it by genres etc.. and then i thought about creating an INFP musician list. It seems logic, I have a lot of music like that.... so off the top of my head, i'd say

Cat Power

9f87fd26.jpeg

Fiona Apple

Fiona+Apple.jpg

Jeff Buckley

jeff_buckley01_website_image_prints_standard.jpeg

Elliot Smith

elliott-ill-be-back.jpg

Elisabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins)

Elizabeth+Fraser+ef+1.jpg

Kurt Cobain
kurt-cobain-wallpaper-1920x1200-1.jpeg

more?

For instance, Antony+Johnsons seems like a 4w5, but I think he's INFJ and there's something too Fe about his music that strikes me as different from the other INFPs. Andrew Bird also comes to mind, but that's another case of someone that I think is a 4w5 but not really an INFP.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sorry, all INFP musicians are actually INTPs. We stole them all. Kurt Cobain is a textbook INTP, as is John Lennon, Eminem, Tupac, Hank Williams, Mick Jagger and Jimi Hendrix. INTPs actually invented music.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sorry, all INFP musicians are actually INTPs. We stole them all. Kurt Cobain is a textbook INTP, as is John Lennon, Eminem, Tupac, Hank Williams, Mick Jagger and Jimi Hendrix. INTPs actually invented music.
It seems you've 'stolen' a bunch of SP musicians too. :huh:

The INTPs have got Black Francis, though. That's pretty cool.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It seems you've 'stolen' a bunch of SP musicians too. :huh:

The INTPs have got Black Francis, though. That's pretty cool.

In all honesty, I can think of only two or three Ti dom musicians, and at least one of them is an ISTP.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

no! dont tell me that... :( what did i even do to you? :cry:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no! dont tell me that... :( what did i even do to you? :cry:

Probably something along the lines of what Courtney Love did to Kurt Cobain. Clearly, there is nothing to indicate that Cobain was suicidal, so it must have been Courtney Love's doing.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably something along the lines of what Courtney Love did to Kurt Cobain. Clearly, there is nothing to indicate that Cobain was suicidal, so it must have been Courtney Love's doing.

lol i'm slightly offended that you should compare me to c love or even consider her to be an ENFP. Also, as a nirvana fan myself, i've spent hours and hours trying to understand that whole story, but at the end of the day unfortunately i think he did it himself...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol i'm slightly offended that you should compare me to c love or even consider her to be an ENFP. Also, as a nirvana fan myself, i've spent hours and hours trying to understand that whole story, but at the end of the day unfortunately i think he did it himself...

Mostly, I just find the Courtney Love conspiracy theory bizarre, and wanted to bring that up. I don't know very much about her, but you probably are pretty different.

The theory is bizarre because, by all accounts, Kurt Cobain hated himself and wanted to die. He even wanted to call the last album "I hate myself and want to die."

Suicide really isn't that implausible.

Bringing things back on topic, I think the Mountain Goats guy is an INFP.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mostly, I just find the Courtney Love conspiracy theory bizarre, and wanted to bring that up. I don't know very much about her, but you probably are pretty different.

The theory is bizarre because, by all accounts, Kurt Cobain hated himself and wanted to die. He even wanted to call the last album "I hate myself and want to die."

Suicide really isn't that implausible.

Bringing things back on topic, I think the Mountain Goats guy is an INFP.

ah ah haven't listened to them in AGES. so, basically i give you kurt you give me the mountain goats guy? not sure that's enough... got anyone else?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Naw, I 'm just messing around. Actually, I do think Kurt is an INFP.

Mountain Goats guy certainly is. He has that gift for florid, evocative language common to INFPs who are skilled at verbal expression.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^@Stansmith good call! thanks! ....adding the smiths to my list.... :)

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=16320]Stephano[/MENTION] so...Morrisey INFJ, Robert Smith INFP? is that the difference?

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Trent Reznor - INFP.

Yeah. I'm claiming him. WANNA FIGHT?!

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
@Stephano so...Morrisey INFJ, Robert Smith INFP? is that the difference?

Probably, I don't know them well enough, but I'm certain msg_v2 is wrong, whether it was a joke or not.

Trent Reznor - INFP.

Yeah. I'm claiming him. WANNA FIGHT?!

Sure! INTJ in my oppinion, just listen to his score from the Social Network.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably, I don't know them well enough, but I'm certain msg_v2 is wrong, whether it was a joke or not.

Sure, go ahead and ignore the mountains of evidence otherwise.

Sure! INTJ in my oppinion, just listen to his score from the Social Network.

That makes sense. I do think he's NT, but I don't think he's INTP or even ENTP. Ti doesn't really show through. I also think someone with Ne who made it in the music business would have developed it to the extent that they'd be more playful. I see Ne (and Se also, I suppose, but in a different way), as very playful. There's a level of seriousness to his work that I can't see any NTP musician possibly having. Maybe that's Fi earnestness coming through?