• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is house music for morons?

House music, the symphony of morons?

• Total voters

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Scientific studies have determined that this is an objective reality, but do people agree with objective reality, or do they insist in living in a magic subjective fantasy world?

By the way, I can't post links to those scientifc studies right now because I have chicken grease all over my fingers and don't want to mess up my keyboard.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe I'm a moron, but what is "house music"? I need to know in case I like it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe I'm a moron, but what is "house music"? I need to know in case I like it.

Well, one thing that seems to define it is that it gets away with being repetitive because it's "dance music." For some reason, they assume that because people like it playing in clubs, people want to hear it on the radio.

wolfy

awsm
Well, one thing that seems to define it is that it gets away with being repetitive because it's "dance music." For some reason, they assume that because people like it playing in clubs, people want to hear it on the radio.

Repetitive patterns are easy to design choreography to and dance to. If you don't like it listen to something else. How many radio stations are available now? The whole world is at your fingertips.

And no, house music is not just for morons. But morons can join in too.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, yeah I really hate most dance music. When it is repetitive it is like hearing a phone ringing and no one is answering. Make it stop!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Repetitive patterns are easy to design choreography to and dance to. If you don't like it listen to something else. How many radio stations are available now? The whole world is at your fingertips.

And no, house music is not just for morons. But morons can join in too.

and that basically covers it all for me. :D

wolfy

awsm
Okay, yeah I really hate most dance music. When it is repetitive it is like hearing a phone ringing and no one is answering. Make it stop!

I used to hate it until I had to move to it. Then I liked the repetition.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know who else liked repetitive moments? Nazis.

goose_step_1289913c.jpg

Hitler was a choreographer of death.

wolfy

awsm
Who else employed repetition. Jim Henson... Bringing joy to kids around the world....

I

Infinite Bubble

Whoops, guess I'm a moron then.

But I do not like Get Lucky. Their older music is great though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
posting this one too (not for the music but) because i'm having a full on lesbo moment with this girl...i mean g'damn! haha

W

WALMART

People like to dance in their cars.

I think a repetitious beat in common time sends your mind into a droning 'focus' sort of state. For example (one of their few works done in quarter time):

The concept extends into dance music - because that's what House is, it's music to dance to. It gives you a sense of premeditation, the ability to stylistically flow without interruption, much as a freestyle circle will revolve around something relatively simple, like this:

If you don't dance or freestyle sing/rap, I suppose I wouldn't expect anyone to 'get it'.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Who else employed repetition. Jim Henson... Bringing joy to kids around the world....

This is different. Muppets can enjoy performing repetitive movements without being Nazis, because they are a peaceful species with no history of genocide. But with humans, there are a lot of scientific studies and volumes of evidence that establishes an association between a love of repetitive dance music and movements with totalitarianism.

Whoops, guess I'm a moron then.

But I do not like Get Lucky. Their older music is great though.

I have yet to see this movie, surprisingly, but the stuff I've head from the Tron Legacy soundtrack I do actually like.

Mainly, I am really fucking sick of hearing Get Lucky, and I also had someone in my college dormitory who would play Harder, Faster, Better Stronger EVERY FUCKING DAY. I actually thought he was a good dude, but that song got old really fast.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

House music isn't really the same as dance music. I mean are you defining dance as techno? Because house is not techno and its not pop.