• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

First 5 minutes of The Dark Knight!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can honestly say that I've never seen anything with Heath Ledger other than this film.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I can honestly say that I've never seen anything with Heath Ledger other than this film.

Yeah, I haven't seen much of his stuff either. He was in 'The Patriot'...

That 'Watchmen' trailer did look rad, so did the Terminator one. :yes:

Didums

I honestly don't get why people are treating this film as anything more than a summer popcorn movie. It was good, but it wasn't that good.

It was MUCH Deeper than a "summer popcorn movie", this movie was too good to eat popcorn to. Did you not catch the many cases of Symbolism and the Joker's dialogue?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Uber thinks symbolism is passive-aggressive.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Hated this movie. Saw it last night and almost couldn't wait to get out of the theater. I was really looking forward to seeing it, too. My mood wasn't great, but this movie wasn't, either. Maybe I missed the intended tone and feel of this movie, but it somehow depressed me a little.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw the movie on Friday. It was great. As someone that loves psychology, sociology, and moral philosophy, I really appreciated all the scenarios and questions that put forward regarding those subjects. Of course, the acting was great, and the movie was technically sound.

SPOILERS BELOW

Subtle enough?
My only disappointent is that it seems like they burned enough material for two films in the span of one. For instance, I'm pretty damn sure that they killed Harvey Dent, and I don't like that. How much screen time did Two Face get? How much impact did he have? He is one of the deepest and most important characters in the franchise, and they did so little with him. He could easily carry the plurality of a whole film by himself... Tisk, tisk.
Also, since there's almost inevitably going to be a third one, I don't know what the hell they are going to do to make it worth while.

Didn't the Joker's last scene seem a little weird? Did they shoot him? That would seem odd, and it would seemt to defeat a lot of points. On the other hand, if they took him to Arkham or something, why wouldn't he just manage to break out again? A little bothered by the lack of closure there.

Didums

Hated this movie. Saw it last night and almost couldn't wait to get out of the theater. I was really looking forward to seeing it, too. My mood wasn't great, but this movie wasn't, either. Maybe I missed the intended tone and feel of this movie, but it somehow depressed me a little.

We don't like your kind round this thread! lol jk, yea I think you need to re-watch it in a good mood.

Didums

I saw the movie on Friday. It was great. As someone that loves psychology, sociology, and moral philosophy, I really appreciated all the scenarios and questions that put forward regarding those subjects. Of course, the acting was great, and the movie was technically sound.

SPOILERS BELOW

Subtle enough?
My only disappointent is that it seems like they burned enough material for two films in the span of one. For instance, I'm pretty damn sure that they killed Harvey Dent, and I don't like that. How much screen time did Two Face get? How much impact did he have? He is one of the deepest and most important characters in the franchise, and they did so little with him. He could easily carry the plurality of a whole film by himself... Tisk, tisk.
Also, since there's almost inevitably going to be a third one, I don't know what the hell they are going to do to make it worth while.

Didn't the Joker's last scene seem a little weird? Did they shoot him? That would seem odd, and it would seemt to defeat a lot of points. On the other hand, if they took him to Arkham or something, why wouldn't he just manage to break out again? A little bothered by the lack of closure there.

SPOILERS BELOW

Yea I was a little disappointed that Two Face died so quickly, but, I instantly recognized that if they put him in a second Dark Knight movie it would be Too similar to what happened in Spiderman. Plus, they've got a Ton of other great villains to work with, Penguin, Riddler, etc.

They didn't shoot him, the SWAT guys grabbed him and unhooked him from hanging upsidedown. Yea I was thinking that if they took him to prison he'd escape, I mean its The Joker, buttttttt without Heath Ledger I doubt they'll bring him back :(

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I haven't seen much of his stuff either. He was in 'The Patriot'...

That 'Watchmen' trailer did look rad, so did the Terminator one. :yes:

You can't have a Terminator movie without Arnold.

They should have stopped after Terminator 2.

However, I'll probably end up seeing this fourth installment, as ILM is returning to do the special effects, which will likely be the film's redeeming quality.

The Spirit looks awesome, too!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Did anyone else almost want to see Tommy Lee Jones with half a purple face in this movie?

Of course you didn't. I didn't either.

Really, I did : (

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I hope the Governator is in it, and a gnarly action/fight scene with ice skates.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^Ahh hell yeah. This current series is lacking in the babe factor. I'm down with the cat making an appearance.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just got back from seeing it, and thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I had high expectations after the last one, and this one met and exceeded my expectations despite being concerned that a non-Nicholson joker would be a disappointment. I do agree with the sad aftertaste effect about thinking this will be Ledgers last movie, but during the movie itself, I was able to only focus on enjoying the movie and thats a pretty remarkable thing with how distracted I've felt the last couple weeks. It was also one of those rare cases where I want to see the movie again and I'm looking forward to the DVD as much as the theatre release to re-watch it with rewind in hand - I feel like theres a lot of subtle stuff to catch the second or fifth watch through in this one.

I loved the pen scene, I was not sure what to expect from the early mini-spoiler in this thread, but that was not it, and I (and most of the theatre) laughed at that one.

The Riddler is a favorite villain of mine, but I keep thinking of the campy television riddler and its hard to put that one in the current Gotham.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if Mr. Freeze will be the villain in the next movie?

No. No Freeze, No Ivy. colorful mad scientists with super powers aren't going to work in the world Nolan created.

^Ahh hell yeah. This current series is lacking in the babe factor. I'm down with the cat making an appearance.

Oh, lord. I'm personally thankful for that. These two movies have been too good to be concerned with shallow, pandering shit.

The Riddler is a favorite villain of mine, but I keep thinking of the campy television riddler and its hard to put that one in the current Gotham.

Yeah, I don't think that's going to work. Guys like the Riddler as well as the Penguin, or say the Ventriloquist, are just too hokey for the third film.

Also, super natural stuff is out of the question. No Clayface, no Man-bat, and no Killer Croc. Now I'm fine with that. I wouldn't want any characters that would distort the feel that Nolan has created, but like I said, by killing Two Face, I really don't know what they can do for the third film.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Peed out of sardonic laughter, disgust, or because you died and your bladder emptied?

It's directed by McG...if one thing will kill you (or any of us), it's that fact alone.
LOL!!!!

:hug:

I actually thought Hellboy II was the best comic book movie this year, so far, however.
From a reliable source, (other than you, of course ;) ), that's what I heard.

I honestly don't get why people are treating this film as anything more than a summer popcorn movie. It was good, but it wasn't that good.
Yeah, my sister and her boyfriend were both unimpressed.

I am debating whether or not to go see it. :/

I am incredibly critical of movies, i.e. most render this ====> :shocking: response out of me, and I also try to steer clear of dark and depressing movies, too.

Perhaps, due to Ledger's untimely tragic death, people are subconsciously glorifying him, his role and the movie???

Last edited by a moderator:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Wait, Christopher Nolan directed Memento, didn't he.

Yeah, that movie didn't make my dick hard.

*goes to geek out on imdb*

Yup, I was right, and he directed Insomnia, which I saw in the theatre, and which also did not make my dick hard.

Hmmmm.....

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Perhaps, due to Ledger's untimely tragic death, people are subconsciously glorifying him, his role and the movie???

I think that this is part of the hype and why people are going to see it. I commented on that to my friend with whom I saw the movie. I think a lot of people who die young in the entertainment industry have a kind of narrative built up around them about how talented they were.

But I do believe that Heath Ledger was genuinely gifted and that nobody has played the Joker as well as he did in The Dark Knight. He really did nail it.