• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Last Comic Standing

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Anyone watching?

My favorite of the bunch was Erin Jackson, though she didn't move on to the finals. :huh:

Can't stand God's Pottery--they're a one-trick pony, and it's not that funny a trick. Gonna get old fast.

Didn't dig Ron G, either. Can they please put someone in the finals that's actually a comedian?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Can they please put someone in the finals that's actually a comedian?

Fine. But I'm telling you, I'm not comfortable on TV. :p

I agree about God's Pottery. A funny person I know said that they hit upon a funny idea that begs for parody, but never bothered to come up with any actual jokes.

It seems the comics that advance just go joke-joke-joke-joke instead of creating a point of view that gives their humor a chance to connect. I prefer the latter, but I guess the former is easier to appreciate in tiny doses.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Fine. But I'm telling you, I'm not comfortable on TV. :p

I agree about God's Pottery. A funny person I know said that they hit upon a funny idea that begs for parody, but never bothered to come up with any actual jokes.

It seems the comics that advance just go joke-joke-joke-joke instead of creating a point of view that gives their humor a chance to connect. I prefer the latter, but I guess the former is easier to appreciate in tiny doses.

Hee, that reminds me of Doug Benson's bit about focusing on developing his segues.

YouTube - Doug Benson (LCS Season 4 Ep. 3)