• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that you hated at first viewing but then began to love

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The opposite of [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] other thread. :)

-"Lars and The Real Girl" and "Unfaithful"
Hated these at first but then loved it the 2nd time and each time I see it, it gets better and better. Mostly because so much emotion is transmitted (and "stated") just through body language, and that, to me, is a sign of great acting, not to mention screenwriting.

En Gallop

"Tales from Earthsea". I was so disappointed the first time I saw it, as I didn't think it was as entertaining as the other Studio Ghibli films I'd seen, and I love Ghibli. But now, after watching it a few times, it's actually one of my favourites. :)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These two top my list

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I saw "Friends with benefits" and hated it too. I've not seen it again.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Big Lebowski. The first time I saw it, I think I didn't get that it was supposed to be a comedy. I just thought it was a mystery with John Goodman getting pissed off about everything in the background. I also think I was annoyed when the entire mystery plot was revealed as window dressing basically. It also didn't help that I knew some really annoying guys in high school that were obsessed with that movie.

I watched it again, and I suddenly got what it was trying to do. It's kind of a film noir parody with clever satirical takes on American ideas about class, nationalism, and religion.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't like "Super 8" that much on first pass in the theater, but now I rewatch it 1-2x a year.

Felt the same about Flatliners, which I came away with mixed feelings about in the theater, but it grew on me despite Schumacher's involvement.

And Ghost.

Maybe some others.

It typically happens when I'm expecting one thing and get something different.

"Tales from Earthsea". I was so disappointed the first time I saw it, as I didn't think it was as entertaining as the other Studio Ghibli films I'd seen, and I love Ghibli. But now, after watching it a few times, it's actually one of my favourites. :)

wellllll.....At least as an anime, it's got to be better than Earthsea (2004) TV-mini.

I saw "Friends with benefits" and hated it too. I've not seen it again.

I only watched a third of it and never finished. However, I found the similar, same-time-released flick "No Strings Attached" to be more palatable -- especially because the woman was the colder one with more issues committing, which was a nice turnabout.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I may give Rumble Fish another stab this month, but usually don't revisit films if they don't speak my language from 0:00:01. I am not sure which language that is.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm INFJ so I doorslam all the movies that I hate the first time and they never, ever get a second chance.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] - lol you're doing a twist on Mal's twist on my original thread here :laugh:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] - lol you're doing a twist on Mal's twist on my original thread here :laugh:

oooh I didn't know. It's ok with me if the mods merge this one into yours.