• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Trek Into Darkness

Standuble

This movie was released today in my country and it sucked ass. Absolutely awful.

Just kidding. I enjoyed it, much darker than the original but still an entertaining piece. The 3D experience was fun as well.

I'm tempted to just paste every single plot spoiler into this post as I know that most of the world is yet to see it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This movie was released today in my country and it sucked ass. Absolutely awful.

Just kidding. I enjoyed it, much darker than the original but still an entertaining piece. The 3D experience was fun as well.

I'm tempted to just paste every single plot spoiler into this post as I know that most of the world is yet to see it.

I will beam you through the shields if you try that.

This was amusing, though:

Standuble

Very well, I shall ruin the movie over at IMDb and perhaps leave a giant turd spoiler for the guys at work tomorrow instead. Thank you Jennifer for making me see the light, I don't want to die from explosive decompression just yet.

I also chuckled at the video.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I will beam you through the shields if you try that.

This was amusing, though:

I dislike car adverts, but that was indeed amusing. Although I was caught out by Leonard Nimoy when I first saw him, I thought he had melted, then I remembered he is 82. I'm never really sure what the 'standard appearance' is supposed to be for someone in their 80's, I suppose there are archetypes of course, but it is by nature a subjective judgement.

Given that, he looked pretty good.

Of course i'm joking, because standard appearance is a ridiculous idea.

Standuble

I dislike car adverts, but that was indeed amusing. Although I was caught out by Leonard Nimoy when I first saw him, I thought he had melted, then I remembered he is 82. I'm never really sure what the 'standard appearance' is supposed to be for someone in their 80's, I suppose there are archetypes of course, but it is by nature a subjective judgement.

Given that, he looked pretty good.

Of course i'm joking, because standard appearance is a ridiculous idea.

I think the standard image for an 80-something is: White hair, vacant expression, slow walk, face which resembles a testacle sack, piss stain on clothes etc.

My nan has none of these save the white hair and the testacle-sack wrinkles. I'm starting to worry she's going to live forever.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

He's definitely looking a little different. The first show I saw him on was Star Trek, and then In Search Of, and I was kind of surprised to see him now... but I think it's awesome he's so actively involved in things instead of disappearing from public life. Same thing with George Takei, who is also extremely active not just on FB and in Trek stuff but also as a spokesperson for SSA.

It's also cool that Quinto and Nimoy are good friends.

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/zachary-quinto-counts-spock-predecessor-close-friend-193000705.html

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very well, I shall ruin the movie over at IMDb and perhaps leave a giant turd spoiler for the guys at work tomorrow instead.

They're snotty little SOBs over there, I think they deserve a good spoiler in the online forums!

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Re: car advert...
lol! Bilbo Baggins!
It's the nose. Nemoy's face actually doesn't look bad except for the nose. Noses get huge and droopy with age. It's distracting.
/thread derail

E

Epiphany

This game got terrible reviews, but the commercial pays homage to the most epic battle scene in the known universe.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Heh. Shatner accused him of over-acting. I love that guy. I want to see him at comic-con this year so badly.

R

Riva

I can't wait to see it. Huge trekkie here. Okay don't kill me for this: I liked the new kirk more than the old one. The new kirk (whom I believe is an estp) is a go getter, gives a go getter vibe and doesn't try to hide his true nature/needs/self (even when it came to women). The old kirk (whom I believe is an esfp) gave a vibe that implied that it was his moral duty to have inappropriate affairs on the job while trying to imply that he believes it was wrong. Maybe i'm reading to much in to it. It's probably the writing and the era which made him act that way.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm excited to see it too!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't wait to see it. Huge trekkie here. Okay don't kill me for this: I liked the new kirk more than the old one. The new kirk (whom I believe is an estp) is a go getter, gives a go getter vibe and doesn't try to hide his true nature/needs/self (even when it came to women). The old kirk (whom I believe is an esfp) gave a vibe that implied that it was his moral duty to have inappropriate affairs on the job while trying to imply that he believes it was wrong. Maybe i'm reading to much in to it. It's probably the writing and the era which made him act that way.

It might be necessary to make a thread about this idea that old Kirk is an ESFP. He had a need for romance, not pleasure for its own sake. Old Kirk was an idealistic ENFJ 3w2.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Speaking of neo kirk being an estp, you wouldn't believe how many times other naval officers threw jaded cliches at me like, "You think you can just make up whatever rules you want?" "You're arrogant and overconfident!" "You're a danger to the ship!"

hilarious. I'm straight out of battleship.

Standuble

Speaking of neo kirk being an estp, you wouldn't believe how many times other naval officers threw jaded cliches at me like, "You think you can just make up whatever rules you want?" "You're arrogant and overconfident!" "You're a danger to the ship!"

hilarious. I'm straight out of battleship.

Navy huh? I bet you saw more action than Kirk. You and your comrades on the high sea eh?