• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Trek Into Darkness

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh...the irony. I laughed out loud at that line.

:D Me too! I wish he and the others would do another Star Trek movie with the same spirit shown in this commercial. I'd walk miles to see it. Miles and miles.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Just got back from an IMAX 3D presentation.
Not as good as Part I. Not even close.

This series went from "Star Trek for Dummies" to "Michael Bay's Star Trek" in less than a movie. Sad.

I especially did not like the not-so-subtle nods (in fact, it borders on shameless plagiarism) of another classic Star Trek movie (Note: Not the one with V'Ger or the whales). The only redeeming factor was Benedict Cumberbatch's John Harrison (that was his name, right?) going Hulk Smash on some pesky Klingons in a chaotic set piece (Note: I say "chaotic" because there is no sense of geography, just like a Michael Bay movie). One thing I gotta say about that John Harrison guy: Bro, you've got some serious anger issues. Like, drink some Green Tea and stuff.

Anyway...

Of every candidate, Disney chose this JJ Abrams douche to direct Star Wars?
On release day I suspect I will be at home clipping my toe nails.

Standuble

This series went from "Star Trek for Dummies" to "Michael Bay's Star Trek" in less than a movie. Sad.

I especially did not like the not-so-subtle nods (in fact, it borders on shameless plagiarism) of another classic Star Trek movie (Note: Not the one with V'Ger or the whales). The only redeeming factor was Benedict Cumberbatch's John Harrison (that was his name, right?) going Hulk Smash on some pesky Klingons in a chaotic set piece (Note: I say "chaotic" because there is no sense of geography, just like a Michael Bay movie). One thing I gotta say about that John Harrison guy: Bro, you've got some serious anger issues. Like, drink some Green Tea and stuff.

Anyway...

It helps to keep your expectations low so you won't be disappointed. I enjoyed it for the most part because I am a huge fan of the alternate history genre which is the central theme IMO of the new films.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't seen this movie yet.

I especially did not like the not-so-subtle nods (in fact, it borders on shameless plagiarism) of another classic Star Trek movie (Note: Not the one with V'Ger or the whales).

That leaves 3 Star Trek movies to guess from. One of those plagiarized The Wrath of Khan. So I'll go with Wrath.

The only redeeming factor was Benedict Cumberbatch's John Harrison (that was his name, right?) going Hulk Smash on some pesky Klingons in a chaotic set piece (Note: I say "chaotic" because there is no sense of geography, just like a Michael Bay movie). One thing I gotta say about that John Harrison guy: Bro, you've got some serious anger issues. Like, drink some Green Tea and stuff.

Anyway...

Based on this, I won't be seeing the movie. Have a nice day!

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
It helps to keep your expectations low so you won't be disappointed. I enjoyed it for the most part because I am a huge fan of the alternate history genre which is the central theme IMO of the new films.

When it comes to blockbusters, my expectations are about a low as they can get.
All I ask is to be mildly entertained and not be insulted.

STID was, for the most part, entertaining.
But it was very, very, very insulting.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When it comes to blockbusters, my expectations are about a low as they can get.
All I ask is to be mildly entertained and not be insulted.

STID was, for the most part, entertaining.
But it was very, very, very insulting.

Well, we can't have THAT!

Standuble

Well, we can't have THAT!

Spongebob, could you write to J.J. Abrams and politely request that he add you to the list of writers and cast. A sponge would fit nicely in the captain's chair and Spongebob has the mouth and sexual appetite to take Kirk's place.

Plus if your dealings with nefarious foreheaded aliens turn sour and blood is spilled you're perfect for cleaning the seats.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It might be necessary to make a thread about this idea that old Kirk is an ESFP. He had a need for romance, not pleasure for its own sake. Old Kirk was an idealistic ENFJ 3w2.

Is your new hilariously random man-in-black Spongebob avatar suppost to be an ESFP or an ENFJ?

To post more on topic, I got kinda confused in the 2009 Star Trek movie with the double old-young Spock scenario and how it split the future in half.

Standuble

Is your new hilariously random man-in-black Spongebob avatar suppost to be an ESFP or an ENFJ?

To post more on topic, I got kinda confused in the 2009 Star Trek movie with the double old-young Spock scenario and how it split the future in half.

My beloved Dark Lord, old Spock, his ship and the crew of the Nerada (a Romulan mining vessel which had been pimped up) were sucked into a wormhole which led to the past. Old Spock (from 2387) was sent back to a year where Spock was younger (2258). This didn't happen in the original timeline and for 30 years the Narada and later Spock changed history just by being there.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My beloved Dark Lord, old Spock, his ship and the crew of the Nerada (a Romulan mining vessel which had been pimped up) were sucked into a wormhole which led to the past. Old Spock (from 2387) was sent back to a year where Spock was younger (2258). This didn't happen in the original timeline and for 30 years the Narada and later Spock changed history just by being there.

This would render the 'chronology-protection conjecture' invented by Stephen Hawking invalid both in theory and in empiricism!

Also, I have the powers of the 'Dark Lord', but it is focused to serve the higher ideals those on the light side fight and strive for.

Standuble

This would render the 'chronology-protection conjecture' invented by Stephen Hawking invalid both in theory and in empiricism!

Also, I have the powers of the 'Dark Lord', but it is focused to serve the higher ideals those on the light side fight and strive for.

The magic of science fiction my dear Jedi is to being able to pick and choose which laws of physics apply and which do not. The violation of physics are answered with: space magic! So in Star Trek the conjecture of chronology-protection is politely moved to the side.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Spongey is ESFP, old Spock is boring, and old Kirk is very, very, very insulting.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Old Spock dropped some LDS.

He dropped some Latter-Day Saints?!? I mean, i know they have a doctrine of getting their own planet if they reach the first degree of glory and all but I'm still confused!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He dropped some Latter-Day Saints?!? I mean, i know they have a doctrine of getting their own planet if they reach the first degree of glory and all but I'm still confused!

Vulcan is where the Mormons go after they die and become gods.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Where do I begin? Totally disappointed. What pisses me off even more is that bitching about why I was totally disappointed will only give away plot points. And spoiler tags are a cop-out when reviewing a movie.

But I don't fucking care.