• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pain & Gain

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Surprisingly it isn't that bad of a movie.
The only picture in Bay's catalog that actually has a brain and a point.

Doesn't hurt that it was consistently funny throughout, either.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seeing it tonight. I don't see the problem with Michael Bay movies or why people hate them so much. I found all of them to be good, solid entertainment, except for Pearl Harbor, which is the movie he should have apologized for and not Armageddon. But not every movie is meant to be an Oscar movie.

Oh, and yeah, if you want to discuss other "intelligent" Bay movies, let's not forget about The Island.

And I can't wait to see the concept designs that ILM has in store for the Bay-produced Ninja Turtles movie.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Looks like it'd be an effective 10 minute short, but 2 hours?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw it the other day and didn't get a chance to comment on it. I loved it. I was giggling throughout the entire thing, with about 70 percent of those giggles coated with bursts of heavy laughter. Very effective black comedy.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
It was consistently funny, but I believe it only delivered one or two belly laughs for me.
That said, it was creatively and brazenly humorous, unlike 99.9% of the "comedies" released today.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
It was consistently funny, but I believe it only delivered one or two belly laughs for me.
That said, it was creatively and brazenly humorous, unlike 99.9% of the "comedies" released today.