• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to?

MllePop

MBTI Type
INTP
I've got a "Spring Mix!" that's between "Cherry" by Ratatat and "Suchness" by Akron/Family. But Akron/Family's a little somber for me right now so I think I'll skip to Cibo Matto's cover of "Aguas de Marco."

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Listening to a bit of Billie Holiday..and after that in the old changer is Deb Talan and then Maria Taylor

thirtyfour

MBTI Type
INTp
The hum of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of microscopy equipment and my boyfriend typing on his keyboard instead of peering into some of said equipment.

logan235711

MBTI Type
INTJ
How about Sunny Day Real Estate's, "The Rising Tide"?

--

At the moment: Blacklisted, "Eye for an Eye"
Meh, too poppy of emo for me, here's how I work. First I find all I can out about some genre and then spend a long time getting to the most underground of the genre such as tape trading, and getting and helping people from scenes around the world to make their music and in turn also getting self-releases demos all over. THEN, once I feel like I know the genre I make some list in my head of all of the bands both really underground and one's that are not, but are still good. Point being point, I know just a teeny tiny bit of emo, but enough to know about them so I know they are poppy in the emo scene and I will try not to listen to them until I have discovered about everything else. Also, SDRE is misconceived by many pop emo listeners as being the or one of the founding emo bands, but this is very wrong. Emo originated in DC in the punk underground in around 1982-84 and SDRE was just the first/biggest band to bring what was a more underground genre at the time into the spotlite. But I had this awesome idea!! I'm going to post a link to every song I put up in this thread so people can listen to what I'm listening to and be like "GD! This guy listens to phat stuff!!" But I could only hope people would do the same so I can check out some other peoples' phat music and get an understanding of where people might be coming from. But about the last track I posted, I would post the link to it now, but I'll too lazy since I just got off work, maybe later...Naw, fuck that, definitely later ; ) And guess what!!? I'M NOT LISTENING TO ANYTHING RIGHT NOW! HAHAHAH!

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
"nothing's impossible" by depeche mode

and can we move this thread to arts & entertainment?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
death cab - transatlanticism, passenger seat

anathema - how fortunate is the man with none

sundowning

MBTI Type
ISTP
Meh, too poppy of emo for me, here's how I work. First I find all I can out about some genre and then spend a long time getting to the most underground of the genre such as tape trading, and getting and helping people from scenes around the world to make their music and in turn also getting self-releases demos all over. THEN, once I feel like I know the genre I make some list in my head of all of the bands both really underground and one's that are not, but are still good. Point being point, I know just a teeny tiny bit of emo, but enough to know about them so I know they are poppy in the emo scene and I will try not to listen to them until I have discovered about everything else. Also, SDRE is misconceived by many pop emo listeners as being the or one of the founding emo bands, but this is very wrong. Emo originated in DC in the punk underground in around 1982-84 and SDRE was just the first/biggest band to bring what was a more underground genre at the time into the spotlite. But I had this awesome idea!! I'm going to post a link to every song I put up in this thread so people can listen to what I'm listening to and be like "GD! This guy listens to phat stuff!!" But I could only hope people would do the same so I can check out some other peoples' phat music and get an understanding of where people might be coming from. But about the last track I posted, I would post the link to it now, but I'll too lazy since I just got off work, maybe later...Naw, fuck that, definitely later ; ) And guess what!!? I'M NOT LISTENING TO ANYTHING RIGHT NOW! HAHAHAH!

Hmm, well I wouldn't get too caught up on the emo tag alone. You're right that SDRE is usually regarded as 'popular', but that's only with respect to their first album. Later records like "How It Feels..." and "The Rising Tide" are quite removed from their early stuff and get less scene-play, but imo are much better than the 'emo-grunge' sound of "Diary". HIFTBSO I style as the best album of 90's that everyone should, but doesn't know about. It's a very mature and tight sound all around.

logan235711

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmm, well I wouldn't get too caught up on the emo tag alone. You're right that SDRE is usually regarded as 'popular', but that's only with respect to their first album. Later records like "How It Feels..." and "The Rising Tide" are quite removed from their early stuff and get less scene-play, but imo are much better than the 'emo-grunge' sound of "Diary". HIFTBSO I style as the best album of 90's that everyone should, but doesn't know about. It's a very mature and tight sound all around.
fo sheezzy! I'm sure anyone who only listened to some of their stuff doesn't realize how much room their career has covered--like so many otha bands tho. I'll check out HIFTBSO in the next few days, though it'll probably take me a couple weeks to soak it all in ; )

ANYWAYS! HERE'S THOSE DAMN LINKS I PROMISED!

first ONE was that Hammock - Rising Tide here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=08O0FQRE

now playing is Yndi Halda - Dash and Blast which can be found here:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

ENJOY!!!