• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow they're actually really good, it's surprising that I haven't heard of them until now.
They are the best. :wub: Definitely in my top five favorite bands. Do yourself a favor and see them live -- they put on a great live show and tickets are always cheap. (I've seen them twice!)

You might know the singer/mandolin player? Chris Thile -- did some solo work, used to be in Nickel Creek (the bluegrass group), and just recently won a MacArthur Genius Grant.

No time for YouTube links, but here are some song recommendations:
"Movement and Location" (almost pop/indie)
"Rye Whiskey", "Next to the Trash" (more traditional bluegrass)
"Flippen" (Irish??)
"Icarus Smicarus" (a hardcore/metal cover!)
"Kid A", "Don't Need No" (like progressive rock, almost)

Nicki

Retired
They are the best. :wub: Definitely in my top five favorite bands. Do yourself a favor and see them live -- they put on a great live show and tickets are always cheap. (I've seen them twice!)

You might know the singer/mandolin player? Chris Thile -- did some solo work, used to be in Nickel Creek (the bluegrass group), and just recently won a MacArthur Genius Grant.

No time for YouTube links, but here are some song recommendations:
"Movement and Location" (almost pop/indie)
"Rye Whiskey", "Next to the Trash" (more traditional bluegrass)
"Flippen" (Irish??)
"Icarus Smicarus" (a hardcore/metal cover!)
"Kid A", "Don't Need No" (like progressive rock, almost)

How much do they cost? I've listened to them before! I liked The Lighthouse's Tale. It was so sweet. I'll definitely listen to those songs!

Nicki

Retired
It probably depends? But when I saw them most recently, I paid $25.

One of my favorite Nickel Creek songs. So sad. :cry:

:yesss:

Wow, that's really good. I loved the story behind the song but I always tear up near the end of the song. Thanks for your suggestions!

Nicki

Retired
It probably depends? But when I saw them most recently, I paid $25.

One of my favorite Nickel Creek songs. So sad. :cry:

:yesss:

Wow, that's really good. I loved the story behind the song but I always tear up near the end of the song. Thanks for your suggestions!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

To soothe the savage beasts in my brain..