• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to?

Pinker85

I sort of get annoyed with myself with how much I enjoy Aphex Twin. The more randomly ambient the more I tend to enjoy it as it allows my hyper fixating brain to do what it most enjoys - fixate!! One of my favorite things to do is go places and just listen to the random sounds for hours. It's a very high dopamine rush experience. I don't know why but my brain is geared towards high fixation on sounds, visual geometric patterns, high detailed intricate things ... it's very comforting to me.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sort of get annoyed with myself with how much I enjoy Aphex Twin. The more randomly ambient the more I tend to enjoy it as it allows my hyper fixating brain to do what it most enjoys - fixate!! One of my favorite things to do is go places and just listen to the random sounds for hours. It's a very high dopamine rush experience. I don't know why but my brain is geared towards high fixation on sounds, visual geometric patterns, high detailed intricate things ... it's very comforting to me.

I won't allow you to be annoyed, he's some of the best the genre has to offer.

Pinker85

Love this too much! I really seem into Caravan Palace atm. It's like schlompky sounds, like plunk, plonk these kind of big muddy sounds and I REALLY LIKE IT! It's like if you could truly embody a big aspect of my psyche it would be these sort of goofy bouncy sounds. I think a big part of me has always viewed life as a game and the goal is actually to have lots of fun playing these kinds of games? I mean people can think that connotes bad things but to me it's all about a kind of game, like it's just fun. In some ways I don't know how seriously I take things while taking things seriously. It feels more like bouncing around in life playing games? I don't know how psychologically healthy that is but it seems to help take the edge off in some ways.