• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Want to create your own country?

Standuble

I made mine: The Empire of Standuble. Perhaps I should re-declare it the Jingoistic States instead?

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=standuble

The Empire of Standuble is a fledgling, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, moralistic, socially-minded morass -- is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 41%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Standuble's national animal is the Three-headed Behemoth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Warlord.

My young nation has not yet embraced the lust for war nor realised that it is only the taste of crushing a civilisation into the dust, plundering their gold and enslaving their scientists is the only way to sate its thirst. I am sure that in time things should change. We shall commence our nuclear program immediately. May God have mercy on you all.

MBTI Type
INTJ
And I just allowed child gambling and human cloning! It'll take a bit for it to go through.

I was disappointed that there was no happy medium between "ban gambling entirely" and "allow child gambling".

Now, if that meant gambling with children as the stakes instead of children engaging in gambling, I would have been all in. So to speak.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Ah Nationstates.net my old beloved. I rode out Hurricane Katrina on that website and spent many wonderful free periods at college on there in 2005. Have they invented Nationstates 2 yet? If not then it has been almost a decade since it were announced.

Unfortunately, the idea for Nationstates 2 was scrapped. I guess they held a closed beta of it and people had an overwhelmingly negative response to it.

I was disappointed that there was no happy medium between "ban gambling entirely" and "allow child gambling".

Now, if that meant gambling with children as the stakes instead of children engaging in gambling, I would have been all in. So to speak.

I know it's a bit silly, but that's why you can just choose to dismiss the issue.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I was thinking about Nationstates the other day. I've been on it intermittently to up about 2011, and my nations tended to turn out to be Father Knows Best states. I created the best dictatorships.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would always go for a psychotic dictatorship but I would always become a Scandinavian hippie 3 weeks in. Never failed.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I would always go for a psychotic dictatorship but I would always become a Scandinavian hippie 3 weeks in. Never failed.

You must have been trying too hard. When the Harry Potter books option comes around, remember that salting and burning stuff is fun...