• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

PlayStation 4!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
318204_476689702386286_1972642717_n.jpg

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll probably get one when it comes out, but the PC components that will be out during that time (which I will also be getting) will outdo the hardware of any next-gen console.

And it looks like Sony is almost trying to back out of the console market. They didn't even do a major redesign of the logo.

Now all we have to do is wait for the next Xbox announcement. And they had better not call it the Xbox 720.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
The system sounds pretty neat, but we all know that games are what define the system. I don't think it's worth it to be an early adopter. I'll probably get this a few years after it comes out.

That dragon game looks pretty tits. I'll take it.

I have to say, I've never heard that word as an adjective before.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I tried watching video of the dragon game (as it was the most interesting of the launch titles) but it kept cutting out once the footage was actually shown, so...

Speaking of launch titles: They're usually crap. It takes years for developers to adapt to the new format. The last "great" launch game was Halo for the original Xbox.

KDude

I used to always buy the Sony consoles from the start, but after awhile, started playing the 360 more than anything. I'll probably hold out from buying a PS4 for a couple years and stick with whatever MS comes out with.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a system, I do use my PS3 more, but it's mainly for movies. There isn't a good game on either console that isn't 10x better on the PC. But after thinking about it, I've decided that I actually like PS3 exclusives better than 360 exclusives. MGS4, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, and Infamous are masterpieces. Personally, I'm not a fan of Gears of War, and the Halo series are just average shooters with compelling stories. And, of course, the first Saints Row was a 360 exclusive -- which mainly tided me over until GTA4, but ultimately was the better game -- but has since been outdone by its sequels.

But I did like several of the launch titles for 360, including Perfect Dark Zero and Condemned, though the latter was later ported to the PC. Still, it was probably the scariest game I've ever played. It was like Doom 3 and a scary version of F.E.A.R. joined forces and found their way into a Se7en spin-off.

Speaking of F.E.A.R., why don't they make more of those games that don't involve Alma? I think they fucked the sequels up by focusing too much on Alma and little on other paranormal cases. I highly doubt that any government would fund such an organization for one case. I think the Alma story should've just ended in EPs/DLC.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
As a system, I do use my PS3 more, but it's mainly for movies. There isn't a good game on either console that isn't 10x better on the PC. But after thinking about it, I've decided that I actually like PS3 exclusives better than 360 exclusives. MGS4, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, and Infamous are masterpieces. Personally, I'm not a fan of Gears of War, and the Halo series are just average shooters with compelling stories. And, of course, the first Saints Row was a 360 exclusive -- which mainly tided me over until GTA4, but ultimately was the better game -- but has since been outdone by its sequels.

PS3 has better exclusive titles overall because they are innovative and take chances with their franchises.
Gears? Halo? They are everything that is wrong with modern gaming. They pander to the lowest common denominator.

You can also add Uncharted, Journey, God of War and LittleBigPlanet to the roster of great PS3 exclusives.

KDude

I've always thought Sony's exclusives were better (Forza is the only one giving a run for the money. Some Arcade titles are good too). I just find XBox Live better in general.

Funnily, I started using the Xbox more only after Anon hacked the PS3 servers awhile back. That pissed me off.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Xbox Live is better than the PlayStation Network, for sure. This is about the only use from Halo and Gears.

Now that I think of it: I bought a few multiplayer-enabled games when the Network was taken down, and my PS3 system crashed the day before Sony brought it back online.

How is Forza, btw? It has been a while since I've played a good racing game.

KDude

How is Forza, btw? It has been a while since I've played a good racing game.

It's equal to GT, but with some small differences in collision and customization, and how you score style points. The newest one (Forza Horizon) is different than either of them. It sort of has a "storyline" and an open world like some Need for Speed type games, but plays like Forza or GT (a sim rather than arcade like). I'd give it a try.

Lark

Last console I owned was a playstation 2, I decided from that point on that I'd try and live real adventures as opposed to playing video game ones, I've had mixed success and spent a lot of time on forums since ;) :laugh:

KDude

Real life adventures are for rich people. Or criminals. The second gets expensive in it's own way too. Anyone else who says they're leading an exciting life is full of shit. edit: Wait, wartime soldiers are an exception too.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to wait and see what more features will be available for it in the future. Sounds like a pretty powerful system though

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I generally find a PC more useful for my main gaming, although ive not done as much lately.

Mainly because of the power advantage PC's still currently have, but more importantly because I can mess about with my pc and alter it to my hearts content. You can do that with a console but it's not as easy.

Also I have a Wii U. I'm not a battle of the consoles person though, I find that to be incredibly inane and pointless, I just understand that since the majority of my time is spent on a PC the Wii U will likely be the cheapest console I can get as an aside.

Besides Zombie U is very entertaining.

Nonetheless I will remain interested just 'cause.

S

Society

PS4 announcement, tl;dr version: but for a major screwup from it's competitors, Sony is moving on proudly into loosing the console wars for the 2nd generation in a row.